808 genetics- Corn. It officially begins

Several references have come up as Chemdawg x Pakistani now. My gut suspicions it’s pre-OG minus Lemon Thai. Todd Mcormick has NL2 listed as the strain Chemdawg originated from. I think that’s about as close as we’re going to know the lineage.

2 Likes

Here’s the 2 Corn girls 2 months now. They’re both just starting to get adjusted to growing again from a quick flip interruption. B does have a better shape than C, but it’s catching up now. Both drink a lot of tea…hard to keep up being dry before I know it.

Corn B

Corn C

4 Likes

Wow 19 days ago I took a cut from each, they’re now starting to root. I anticipated Oct to start a flip so check back around then

Well I have 4 sorta. 1 C growing now after getting settled, 2 B semi rooted. Clear translucent roots that the sprayer keeps breaking them off. And 1 B w barnacles but no root. I said fuck it. Plant em and finish in the cups, which I hope is the right choice than being stubborn to wait for stronger roots. Cloning Corn hasn’t been easy. NL#2 is already in half the time and those are white and normal

Here’s another C, but I don’t understand why translucent…

Here’s the growing C

And the 3 I just moved to cups. I put the Saran Wrap on to keep the moisture from drying out too fast. Anyway now the waiting begins…

3 Likes

Unfortunately those 3 cuts did not survive. Can’t say I’ve had the greatest start with this one… However, cuts I took of B that I had to move to soil cups appear to be doing well. So I’m hoping to get more going very soon

The lone C is ready and on day 1 of flip. She’s been topped twice and letting the shoots stretch from there

3 Likes

Week 1

Seems to have a natural drooping appearance, but is building crown of soon to be tops. This is the leggier pheno, but it’s still fairly short.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Week 2

Well I got 2 rooted of the B finally

Stretching here isn’t bad, but is developing that crown of tops from the stretch. Going nicely so far

5 Likes

Wow time is passing but for the 3rd week is a bit smaller than I’d like to see. We’ll see how it continues, but we’ll know the rub first of the year w this one

Week 3

7 Likes

Week 4

Well I know the reason why it’s a little slower…. She’s pregnant w NL 2. Anyway these plants have a way of exploding past their fourth fifth and sixth week. Could be later stage. We shall see, and there’s the other B pheno finally 2 rooted, with more cuts in RW. Cyanobacteria really screwed my time table up here :grimacing:

And there’s the cargo

The 2 B’s now topped

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind trialing some of those happy mistakes if I’m being completely honest

1 Like

Alright, let me see what I get that ends up undeformed and stands up to the pressure test. My accidents seem to go better than expected…

2 Likes

Honestly if anything adding some genetics from out of the house may help the overall integrity of the cross

1 Like

That’s very true. Corn isn’t available anymore, so it’s kinda rare. The NL2 male may do exactly what you’re saying, have a look…

4 Likes

That’s a vigorous male! Hopefully you get a good handful of viable beans

2 Likes

Week 5

At this point, I think I’m gonna call it…

There appears to be no resemblance or relation to Tampa Crippy plant/buds. It actually resembles PTK…bit more piney though. I read it’s up to 10-12 weeks time, but we’ll see how it finishes, plus there’s the B pheno to compare later. Right now, its not winning the race against TC or better than TC. Half way into flowering now and these findings don’t bode well for 808 rep :-1:t2:

5 Likes

OK at this point I need to know what I’m dealing with… I believe pollen has severely interrupted the budding closing in at 7 weeks. So I decided to clip an under bud a few days ago, and just now checked if it’s dry… Enough for a roll… looks are deceptive! These plants may not resemble Tampa Crippy, but there’s no denying that gas menthol slight lemon expansive effect in the smoke. More gas, than pine-gas-menthol in TC. Hits hard and is very strong as my head breaks out in sweat. Soaring…. It’s very interesting 2 strains that don’t bud out similarly, yet the terp traits internally are definitely shared. So now that I know, I can say Corn is real too. I still have the other B pheno that’s shorter to see, so that’s coming up next as 2 are growing right now. We can see how the strain performs without pollen interruption and if it does better. The mother for this one is unruly and towering, prone to deficiencies, so maybe not the keeper of the 2, but I’ll keep one to work in to the TC x Xmas :thinking:

You can see further down how sparse it is. Could be this particular pheno is weak yielding or pollen really put the brakes on

Now I’ll show the mother plant

Last 2 B’s growing from their 2nd topping

Now for bud shots…may be small, but it’s still nothing to stick your nose up in the air about

5 Likes

2nd confirmation it’s genuine Crippy closing in at 8 weeks…the purpling is coming in just like TC

6 Likes

Week 9

Seems to have bulked up some. I truly made a mistake here thinking it could work as a SOG super crop plant, like I’ve done w TC. For the flowering time it does need to be a larger plant w larger main tops. It’s definitely enough for now to know how good and worth keeping. Has all the appearance of a PTK though. I can’t get over just growing PTK how remarkably identical it is, but the odor is similar to TC. I’m going to about 3-4 days more to 65 to insure the seed is fully mature. The amber is showing faster now. I think it might be 14-28 g dry

!

And here are the other 2 of B, much shorter, so next week they get 1 gall cloth pots and will grow for a bit more to 18” and then I’ll flip for that run. You can see the ring of tops, now I just want the mains to grow thicker and it will be ready to start.

4 Likes

Week 10

Decided to bulk up a bit more during the last week. Normally I would’ve already chopped it, since I prefer early-mid window, but since there’s NL seed I went all the way. I think there could be an oz here, and that would be very good considering the interruption from pollen. Anyway here are the final pics, then it’s onto the 2 B pheno’s awaiting. Need to grow about 4-5” more. After drying, I’ll post my smoke report. For now I’ll say it’s genuine and 808 gets his just due from being trashed by detractors over this. So those of you that I’ve thought about getting something from 808, I wouldn’t be concerned you’re not getting what’s advertised

Here’s the 2 B’s doing very well and readjusting after transplanting

5 Likes