8k_feet's trying to ride the lightning - Ace Malawi x Panama

Oooooh, that does sound very interesting!

5 Likes

Yessuh the male used was cannabiogen Durban. So the seeds coming off should be:

50% cannabiogen Durban
25% landrace Durban
25% Dutch Durban Poison

6 Likes

How long is the flower on them?

If you get any extras, I might like to see if there is anything I could do to get a few. Man, they look nice. So, the one on the left is topped? Every time I smoked it and felt like it was pretty good, I liked the high. It was soaring but didn’t translate into raciness or anxiety. Plus it tastes great. peace

5 Likes

I would be extremely interested in some seeds, yesiree. Lemme know what I can do to facilitate that!

3 Likes

Tasty plus no anxiety while soaring sounds like my favorite kind of smoke!

5 Likes

I think they’ll run 90ish days if I had to guess.

I actually did not top that one at all, just flopped the main cola. Natural branching just going straight up for the light.

The branches are also pencil hard, might be due to a little silica they got early on.

7 Likes

I try and use silica myself. I ran out and have to re-up. I find it helps with pest resistance as well. Better than not using it and it has other benefits. peace

4 Likes

day 75/85

Still kicking over here and a bunch of crazy foxtailing on the durbs.

Check out the top of the pole Durban… Its flowers have gone white! Must just be light burn… It’s getting 90k easy

Other durb doing foxtail stuff

Malawi x Panama, so wispy. No more stretch thankfully so just pure flower work gettin done from here out.

8 Likes

Those Durbans are robust! Wow… Nice job.

2 Likes

Day 79/89

The durbans are so close, just waiting on the pistils to finish going orange if possible but keeping an eye out for any amber.

The MxP is about to topple over from its weight gains so I need to get some string to tie it in place.

Durban #1

Durban #2

MxP Canopy shot

8 Likes

Day 90 (MxP) / Day 100 (Durbans)

Can’t really believe these are already at 90+ days. That’s sativas I guess, and it has passed pretty quickly though I’ve been impatient. I just feed 'em and let 'em rip.

MxP slamming on weight, slowly, but also foxtaily - I turned lights down so it’s only getting 50k now.

Durb 1 - can harvest anytime really, cloudy trichs but not a trace of amber, I’ll let it run just because I can.

Sorry for the blur but this shows the ridic foxtail on top of Durb 2

Despite that horrible top, it has some great lower growth.

10 Likes

Day 94 MxP / Day 104 Durbans CHOPPED

I thought I had spotted a couple on the durbans, turns out they were all over both of them…

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

As seen here… ugh. I popped one open and it definitely had pollen in it, so I chopped both plants.

Despite the shit show of herm, they dropped a lot of really resinous and smelly ganja, sweet rotten fruit with what I’m calling asphalt. Pretty weird.

And then there was one!

12 Likes

Nice way to finish up should be some great smoke by the looks of things.

2 Likes

Looks awesome, bad luck on the chopped ones.
I’m following along as you go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job with those long running girls. The wait should be worth it. Let us know. :wink:

3 Likes

Day 102

I dunno when this plant is going to end. Maybe 2 weeks? Maybe a year?

The flopped top still totally white, might be too much light but I’ve tuned it down to 50k…

A choice lower flower - the branches are starting to flop into my grate, but I’m just going to leave em.

Got the durbans trimmed with @lefthandseeds help. I ended up pulling down around 9oz total from the two plants, but saw a fair amount of bud rot and chucked the main cola on the “pole”, plus a bunch of colas had to go from the other really branchy one.

The “pole” was very purple, while the branchy plant has a much lighter green color. Both are super sticky and smelly.

purple pole ganja

long node

10 Likes

Nice. I just cut my Colombian Gold/Malawi Gold. It got seeded and stopped all other growth. Seems like it was only 12-13 weeks.

Nothing like that Durban yield.

5 Likes

Oh, I meant to say sometimes an albino limb or node, etc or any number of mutations can show up in any sort of genetics and is actually something that has been around forever. i was reading about it recently, maybe due to your issue or another one. Doesn’t necessarily mean anything one way or the other is what I understood.

3 Likes

Day 108

I think I can chop this guy, I tried to get some looks at the trichomes - crazy because most of them are just trichome heads, no stems!

The top is actually starting to shoot out red pistils so I might let it chill for a few more days.

I think they’re cloudy?

40x

10x - can see the no-stalk trichs I was talking about…

Crazy top still white, but has put on more weight.

Lower growth looking good and almost done!

7 Likes

I trimmed the MxP last night, pulled down almost 5 ounces from the plant.

It smells nothing like normal skunky reefer. My wife couldn’t even identify the smell as ganja when I had the bag of finished product sitting out in my office. She said it smelled like I had used lemon cleaning products.

A couple of choice colas, the supercrop made the plant bust out almost like a scrog on top.

Sadly I’ll be checking out of growing for a while, we have a new lease restriction against growing in place and my SO will absolutely not let me violate that. Understandable.

8 Likes