8k_feet's trying to ride the lightning - Ace Malawi x Panama

I’m sure I’ll try and save any male stuff from mine when I try them. I have Malawi, Colom. Gold x Malawi Gold, and Lemon Thai that I will definitely make seeds with. I have the Panama Red, too, but no verification. I do have a slight chance at locating the old hippy dude who gifted my young friend.

I also have a pile of old Mexi landrace seeds that came from the same guy I think. I failed at my first attempt to germ but it was all my fault. I’ll know this time if they are good or not. I’m sure some will pop.

I’ve never smoked the Malawi that I know of and not sure what to expect. I would like to keep collecting pollen, especially from any landrace or IBL/heirloom strains, and make sure I’m storing it in a manner that I can depend on it when I’m ready. It’d be nice to have a small library of strains ready to breed.

I have some pollen in the fridge that has rice in it and parchment paper, then double bagged and in the butter compartment in the upper fridge door that hasn’t been opened almost at all. It’s over a year old I believe, so I’ll get to test it this week. I actually have about 3 strains and I’m in the process of collecting at least 6 others.

One of the current ones is Silverfields and I have a cross of Sannies Jack x SilverFields beginning flowering now, so I’d like to hit some limbs. That’ll give me an idea of the shelf life of this stuff.

Best vibes. I’ll enjoy tagging along to watch! peace

2 Likes

Added two more females from @lefthandseeds, both Dutch Durban x landrace Durban. I’m more excited about the one on the left.

7 Likes

Those Dutch Durb x Landrace Durbs really started pumping out narrower leaves now that they’re mostly through stretch. Still not quite like the CBG Durban. But we slammed some CBG Durban pollen on those as well, so the next gen should be even more sativa heavy!

5 Likes

Dude I am so happy with these MxP plants. Look at the root balls on transplant!!

I had to flip a pot to get proper light back on the remaining female after repotting her. These damn durbans forced me to raise my lights by ~24".

11 Likes

Great looking root balls! Things are looking pretty good so far, eh?

4 Likes

Day 42 (day 50ish for durbans?)

Everybody’s still crackin’ on. I had them at 1.4 so I upped the mix to 1.6. Cranked lights to max and raised em all the way up. Those durbans are getting 80k flux, but no burn so I’m happy.

Durbans have very different growth - same strain on far left and far right yet one on left has hyper extended christmas tree branches and one on right is a single stalk.

My queen, the remaining female MxP starting into stretch.

6 Likes

I finally cleared the rest of the males from my tent. Here’s the 3 mxp males. Two with large internodes and big hollow stems. Center is looking like a much better structure, shorter and more developed so far in flower. These have about 2 weeks to live before I’ll have to collect what I can and kill them ded.

6 Likes

Day 49 (day 60ish durbs)

Not much happening - MxP is puttin on height, probably 12" since last update, and durbs are working on their flowers.

A lot of narrow leaf sativa freakiness going on in here.

MxP with ultra thin leaves, awesome.

X-mas tree durban

Indica looking durban (the pole)

6 Likes

NIce! I like that indica looking one. I looks to yield well. peace

3 Likes

Day 55 (65ish on durbans)

Pollinated a couple branches on the MxP with one of the shortest/best MxP males @lefthandseeds has kept in his dirty dirty male tent for me. We liked it best amongst the other two because those had ungodly internode length.

Notice the pile of fan leaves to the right of the MxP above? Yeah the durbans killed all those off this week after some crazy deficiency. I flushed them and upped feedings to 3x a day.

Despite the issues the durbans still seem to be okay and working on flowers, but with a lot less fans. Hopefully they get enough light.

10 Likes

Here’s the last shot I’ll have of the MxP males. I’m collecting pollen today and taking them down. They can barely stand up anymore… they’re in little pots not much bigger than a solo cup. :joy:

8 Likes

Day 63 (Day 73 durbs)

Went on vacation for 4 days. Came back to the MxP with her head smashed into the lights, after she put on at least 6"… I flopped her big time.

This MxP seems to have taken the pollen so a lot of our favorite F2s incoming.

I love late topping my plants with my lights!

Otherwise, everybody is doing really well.

The soul pole durban going all foxtaily.

The beast durban, just putting on a ton of bud weight, starting to go orange on pistils a bit.

Have a good one sweet OG.

10 Likes

Long story short I accidentally rented a slum.

We’re on our way out asap but we had a massive drainpipe leak and there’s black mold on the wall furthest from the grow tent (14 or so ft away)

From what I know black mold ain’t nothin to fuck with so do I just harvest seeds and trash the flower? I don’t know if I want to chance it.

2 Likes

Spray the black mold down with a 50/50 bleach mix every couple of days…

2 Likes

Maybe you could do the bud wash regimen of 2-3 buckets to remove any mold. It’s supposed to wash the PM off, but I never heard of this predicament.

Yeah, you could hit with bleach water but not sure how the plants will like that either… Might be worth a little time looking into it further. Best vibes!

2 Likes

Thanks. Ended up going with this to start.

I orbitally nuked the entire area with a spraybottle of that mix. In the process I murdered at least 200 fungus gnats - at least I’m guessing they don’t like bleach. Get fucked!

I realized I have multiple labs locally. I’ll literally just take a sample over of one plant and pay $30 to get it verified. It’ll also be interesting to get a potency readout on the MxP.

7 Likes

That’s pretty cool about the lab. We have a lot of grow ops down here… we need a lab in our town… :thinking:

speaking of fungus gnats… oh, boy. :expressionless:

Day 71 / 81 for durbans

Things look good, pistils are starting to go orange on the durbans so they should hopefully finish up within a week or so by my estimation.

MxP had to be flopped and re-flopped so it has a crazy top canopy now.

MxP’s wispy flowers, trichs crawling way out on fans. This thing is probably going to be a mental roller coaster. It has weeeeeks to go and I’m getting impatient, but like all good things in life…

Stretch McDurban, starting to go orange.

Durban pole, foxtailing even more but slowly starting to orange out also.

Peace!

10 Likes

Really thinking I want to run some Durbans next now, lol. Gonna blame that on you :wink:

5 Likes

Good to see you man, hope all is well.

We crossed a kick ass male with the long internode plant, I think we did the “pole” as well but the tape might have fallen off! @lefthandseeds will have to confirm but I believe the male was Cannabiogen.

I’d be happy to shoot you some seeds if you like.

6 Likes