92 og dark horse genetics Bruce banner mother

I’ve held this plant for quite some time now known as 92 og.
It is not the strain created by the seed bank but a cut Jason from dark horse used to make Bruce banner.
He started off referring to it as og kush but also calls it 92 og.
When you research this you will find posts from him that say it came from a friend in los Angela’s around 2002 and there are also posts saying it came from a friend of his in Colorado and it is actually a heirloom Colorado strain called coal creek kush renamed but that coal creek kush is lakush renamed. This is plant is nothing like ghost og triangle or the others. There is seed line called cold creek kush but it is different and is just a rip off of the name.
I’ve been attempting to locate those posts with no luck but do have them screenshot saved somewhere.
If anybody can find them faster or has any insight into the matter feel free to chime in. Not so much looking for speculation as I am info from somebody who may have been close to these folks or plants.

I’ll post pics eventually , I have already some scattered around the site.

11 Likes

@Heritagefarms have you checked out his podcast? I’ve listen to most of the episodes and he talks about that perticular plant a lot and gives a lot of details surrounding it. Bruce Banner is the goat imo and it’s great properties definitely isn’t from the Strawberry Diesel. Matter of fact, I found that all the keepers I had from the F1s he realesed to be OG leaning and the best keeper I had produced these amber sugar beads through out the plant. Is this something you have noticed that the 92 OG does aswell?

Edit, saw that he had a YouTube channel aswell.

Pz :v:t2:

6 Likes

Great potential history lesson, I always assumed for some reason that it was the Strawberry Diesel that made Bruce Banner great.

5 Likes

A buddy a few years ago told me jason didnt make shit and it was delta labs

EDIT: i was wrong

3 Likes

Jason owned a shop called delta 9 when he made Bruce banner ,people get them confused.

3 Likes

OK That definitely sounds right. Thank you for clearing that up. Also thank you for posting this- had no idea he used that 92 og.

2 Likes

The 92og looks much more like Bruce banner then it does any type of og kush I’ve grown , I have the verified ghost cut, I’ve grown topanga, skywalker, sfv, and many others. what ever he got as la Kush is not og kush , it’s not master kush, not bubba kush , or any of the others that were around at that time.
If you look at his current breedings he is working with both the ghost cut and the 92og when originally he said he thought the 92 was the ghost cut , I’m sure he knows there different at this point.

8 Likes

Can we get a top 5 ranking of the ogs? Hehe

2 Likes

That’s super interesting. I’ve never really thought of Bruce Banner as a OG phenotype(comparing it to other plants) either now when you say it. It’s always been something of its own. From the F1s I’ve got from him, they where quite segregated and since the pack said “OG Kush x Strawberry Diesel” I used that to separate the phenos. Knowing what I know today about everything I agree with you and it only makes me more interested in getting more of these Bruce Banner F1s again.

5 Likes

I have not grown a verified triangle but ghost og and topanga if legit are great plants just finicky to grow indoors.

4 Likes

Also josh d the og kush man says 92 is og kush but if that is so something is to be explained about the ghost og , and honestly the ghost looks most like his cut and triangle in growth structure :thinking:
Or the somebody I got this cut from had something labeled 92 that was not but what ever it is I find it extremely unique and is my second favorite plant to grow atm .

6 Likes

Fun fact. The Bruce Banner cut i had is one of the highest testing cannabis that have been seized by Swedish police and came out as 29.3% THC. It was the highest testing weed seized in history in the area I lived :sweat_smile: Close after was my Malawi cut that came out as 28%.

Proud busted grower :saluting_face:

12 Likes

At least you were’nt busted for growing hay :slight_smile: Doing lab tests on seized plants, just to fill up. the case and try to charge more. What a waste of money… But now you can put the results on your walls and be proud :smiley:

3 Likes

Didnt you make some chem d x gmo bx3? Definitely would be up there, its why gmo is a staple in the market.

Surprised the D made it to sweden though.

1 Like

@leetdood It feels like things are derailing from the topic so I’m going to keep things short.

The Chem D x GMO Bx3 I’ve worked with is from @808Genetics and I’ve been upfront with that in my grow thread :metal:t2: All my prior breeding, seeds, clones was seized and destroyed by the police 2020.

4 Likes

Sounds like a interesting cut. I’ve got a few packs of Dark Horse Gamma Berry: Bruce Banner #5 x Strawberry Diesel… I didn’t actually realize banner was a strawberry diesel cross already. Would be cool to back cross the Gamma Berry back to this cut.

Can’t help with your info request tho.

4 Likes

I have a Bruce Banner BX F2 seed pack that I was just thinking the same thing about.

4 Likes

Cool write up man , I’ve actually been searching about coal creek kush the past few days . Lots of confusion around the plant so thanks for straightening things out .

Just curious, how does the 92 grow ? Short fat with 3 fingered leaves ? What’s the terps like?

2 Likes

It sounds like they took all the good stuff and left you with the 808Poser trash. :wastebasket::put_litter_in_its_place::poop::toilet::nauseated_face:

No offense. I’m not a huge fan of that wannabe.

3 Likes

Smells like baby diaper and puppy breath in flower , smell like sweet musky green bud when dry , the taste is hard to describe , almost like high grade hash but with a sweet musky incense thing going on. Stem rub is black pepper when in veg.

12 Likes