'95 Black Domina bx AKBB

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Years ago (Before getting turned on to jbc, dcse, glg), I ordered some seeds from msnl and got Black Domina as a freebie. It was excellent outdoors at 44 Lat in the Northeast. Finished mid Oct, showed excellent resistance, solid yield, sharp, almost rotten orange terps and a heavy couch lock high.

Iā€™m getting some Black Domina IBX from AKBB to run outdoor next season, it is 3 inbred Domina lines crossed together. Iā€™ll gather pollen from males to pollinate whatever else I decide to grow. (BD x TKNL5Haze maybeā€¦)

6 Likes

Iā€™ve got black domina feverā€¦grabbing a 10 pack of sensi bd regs and gonna let them go to town. Waiting for a good deal though.

Quick questionā€¦how does Sensi replenish their stock of seeds?

1 Like

Thanks for the Black Domina outdoor grow report @Klyphman! That AKBB Black Domina IBX line seems interesting assuming he used the 95 black dom and Southern Humboldt Black Dom. Just wondering what the third would be?

The Black Domina Fever is real!!! @Tappy

5 Likes

Hereā€™s one I grew a few years ago that Iā€™ve been working a female hybrid from. It had a very peppery smell. Since then, me, @8k_feet and @man-bot have been messing with it.

I crossed it to pre98 bubba x afghan kush (Dakini kush from centennial seeds). Then @man-bot crossed a pepper pheno to 88g13hp, and @8k_feet and I backcrossed those in a big selection. I think Iā€™ve sent some to a few people around here from my best plants that run.

24 Likes

Pretty plant @lefthandseeds ! I remember listening to a podcast where notsodog talks about wishing he still had his Black Domina cut. He talked about it being peppery as well. Do you hold onto a Black Domina cut still?

How did the "88G13/HP bx turn out? Also could see the pre 98 bubba x afghan kush being good. Did the bubba terps dominate?

5 Likes

That first cross was your BlakDak, right? Any names for the crosses or BX to find some posts about them? I hadnā€™t realized thatā€™s what the BlakDak was, great choice of F1 parents there putting the BD against a Bubba/Hindu that could actually stand up against it. Iā€™m going to have to go read your logs when I have a chance, since Iā€™m curious to see how that went with the two very dominant types (BD and Bubba) duking it out.

6 Likes

Thanks! No, I didnā€™t take any cuts of it. I just had reversed a cut of Dakini Kush (Bubba/Afghan Kush) at the time, and made a small number of seeds with it. I was growing two other Black Domina females at the time ā€“ those were both more berry types than this one. The pepper was definitely my favorite, although the smell doesnā€™t really stick around long during the cure. The best time to smell it is in flower, and sometimes itā€™s pretty strong.

Yep! Exactly right. Weā€™ve been hunting out the pepper phenos the whole time to try to keep that coming through. @man-bot used a pepper pheno when he made the cross to 88g13hp. I grew some males and picked one from that population, and me and @8k_feet grew 16 more BlackDak females to select for BX. I got the most pepper from #1 (earliest finisher at 63 days) and #7 (70+ days). The #7 was closer to the Black Domina overall, while the #1 was kushier.

The cross brought out a lot of typical Afghanica ā€“ big, dominant, leafy plants with big dense buds and good yields. The leafiness really pops out of the Black Domina, which is not really unexpected given its heritage. Thereā€™s no doubt still going to be a lot of variation in the BX seeds (with another pheno from the 88G13). Iā€™m probably going to spend time with #1 for earliness and because the kush lean keeps the leafiness down.

Domina definitely holds its own against the kushes though, no question. Personally, I like Kandahar/Helmand Afghans Iā€™ve tried more than Kushes, but thereā€™s no denying that Kushes have some great qualities, especially when it comes to bag appeal. But I prefer the smoke from the Domina. Even though it doesnā€™t look as strong because it doesnā€™t have those long resin stems, it has more depth and complexity and I find it more mentally devastating.

Iā€™m calling the BX Black Pepper Hashplant, and BlackDak x 88G got the name ā€œMajor Indicaā€ which was given as a joke based on a misunderstanding. But I gave out a bunch of Major Indica pollen, so it might pop up around here on occasion if anybody used it.

Anyway, currently weā€™re here:
(Black Domina x Dakini Kush) x ((Black Domina x Dakini Kush) x 88G13HP)

where Dakini Kush is pre98 Bubba x Afghan Kush from Centennial Seeds.

21 Likes

This is awesome to see interest out there! Would love to see the black pepper hash plant line keep moving forward :slight_smile:

If anyone has an interest in growing some Major Indica - I have seeds, just let me know!

12 Likes

I have a very small amount of pollen called ā€œMajor Indicaā€ here is whatā€™s its made from:
50% 88G13HP, 25% Black Domina, 12.5% Pre98 Bubba Kush, 12.5% Afghan Kush.
I belive @LeftHandSeeds is the original creater of this. Despite a bunch of us jokingly calling it major indicaā€¦ @man-bot

7 Likes

This is what Iā€™m referring to exactly.
@lefthandseeds now i believe my description in the post above this is likly not correct :neutral_face:?

ā€œMajor Indicaā€ is made up of:
50% 88G13HP
25% Black Domina
12.5% Pre98 Bubba Kush
12.5% Afghan Kush

Have I mixed this one up? @lefthandseeds

7 Likes

Youā€™ve got it right. :+1:

5 Likes

Awesome :ok_hand: thank you. I will be using some major indica pollen on some CHOCOLATE strains soon, Aka possible name = Major CHOCOLATE?

5 Likes

Yup - thatā€™s what I know as well.

I have the Black Dak x 88G13HP cross seeds. The pollen you have came from @lefthandseeds making a male selection from this batch of seeds.

4 Likes

Very niceā€¦ I know its gonna be some amazing Geneticsā€¦

Iā€™ve also got some BlackDak x 88G13HP pollen as well.

You got photos of that grow @man-bot ?

5 Likes

Thatā€™s the grow log with the pollination of black Dak w/88G13HP.

I havenā€™t grown the seeds out - Iā€™ve only seen @lefthandseeds grow on a male hunt.

5 Likes

Started to trim up some of the '95 Black Domina bx tonight. Iā€™m getting a bright sweet fruity berry terpene combination on the smell. The smoke reminded me of a spicy and hashy version of NL#1. With the NL#1 adding a sweet and sour afghan perfume. Still need to get a good jar cure before everything mellows out. Nice indica full body relaxation smoke.

no flash

28 Likes

Nice looking buds brother!!!

3 Likes

Itā€™s camera tricks like the tiny chick on the average dick :rofl:

:evergreen_tree:fisheye lens & shit :wink:

2 Likes

strong text
Oh mate Iā€™d definitely put my hand up for some if thatā€™s possible? Sensational mix of quality strains. :ok_hand: itā€™s very kind of an offer mate :+1: peace brother :facepunch:

1 Like