99's Fling in the Tin Foil Forest

5 Likes

You almost got me to get up and photograph my hippie/yuppie/happy soap!

:laughing: :camera_with_flash:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Hahaha

Yeah, you might wanna give up the palmolive bro

3 Likes

Well it’s still a sodium based soap so you might notice some adverse affects, but theory doesn’t mean much if it works in practice. I’ve still got @ReikoX on a pedestal for extracting saponins from soap nuts with glycerin. :joy:

3 Likes

I may start with a tween (polysorbate-20/80) or a yucca extract since I happen to have them on-hand. Both are non-ionic. Apparently, the proper way is to match the hydrophilic-lipophilic balance HLB but doesn’t hurt to try brute forcing a stable emulsion.

One of interesting things with the detergent you have is that it includes two different biocides. One of which is also a fungicide (and a possible sensitizer with no established safe level). The other we found being added to mouthwashes for a short period of time (recent years) which was subsequently banned for that use over safety concerns.

Also, it would be interesting to consider the effect of the surfactants on the waxy coating on leaves. I’ve used a rosemary oil emulsion in the past and whatever was in it clearly stripped some of the protective wax off. There is probably a good balance that can be achieved by finding a compatible emulsifier. Whatever that may be, maybe it is lecithin.

3 Likes

when I use Neem oil I use Safer’s soap spray as the emulsifier - usually a few squirts is enough for the oil to mix in. it’s never caused problems - it’s made of “Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids”???

4 Likes

@99PerCent Wow you are one busy guy.

Respect my friend.

And people say pot heads are lazy…

Yeah have a run through this thread then🤔

2 Likes

I emulsify my neem oil with silica. The high pH starts the saponification process, essentially making it a soap. Coots posted on IG a while back about using D-limonene to emulsify the neem as well. Perhaps the lemon oil is working in a similar way?

@Worcestershire_Farms please dont put me on a pedestal, I’m afraid of heights. Seriously, I’m excited to try it, it’s still extracting. I shake it every few days and the color getting darker.

5 Likes

Would explain why they be holdin’ out.

3 for 3 ?? Was hoping for one dude.

8 Likes

Sprouts are fine…

Veg is fine

I think the GDP Mutant Clone is OK

I don’t think the Cheri Almondine Clone is OK, probably lose this one

The Agent 99 F2 Project is flying along. Looks like a mix of males and females this time.

The 3 Grandaddy Purple x Orange Hill Specials are all females and set for the long haul.

A few minutes ago, I pulled two Agent 99 F2 females aside and ran them in the male shack. The Blurple light is a little under powered, but it works. Like the purple pics.

15 Likes

Thanks for reminding me to get my gray walmart cat litter pan out of the shed. :thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree: :joy_cat:

2 Likes

These fit perfectly in 2x2 areas and as well in larger 2’ square sections. Walmart cheap!

5 Likes

Your name is so fitting you can always see you give at least 99% to your plants. Keep kicking add and taking names.

Peace

Bonged

5 Likes

I started using Turkey trays for 12l plant pot coz they are oval I turn them which makeshand watering from the bottom so much easier.

2 Likes

Moved 3 female Agent 99’s into their final containers.

6 Likes

Keep seedin’

12 Likes

What’s the linkage on those Crater Lake F2s by Muleskinner? They look real nice. :+1::seedling:

1 Like
6 Likes

Looking sexy as always. Keep being 99.

Peace

Bonged

4 Likes

Hoping the Northern Lights #5 back crosses yield that happening lemon/pine flavor.

Looks like the only hope of getting Cheri back now is to ask a friend to pull a flowering cut out of his tent and see if he can get it back to root and re-veg. He said he would try it. I owe him a nice big bud of Cheri (got it). The next best thing is to run some seeds from her original cross as well as some of her offspring. See if I can find a sweet substitute.

(XJ13 x Penny Wise) x Agent Orange

Cheri Almondine F2

10 Likes