A few questions, Hope this is the right place to ask.

Got anymore of that staring at the wall herb lol.
Weed for pain relief is dubious IMHO.
I mean it’s no better for me, prolly not as good as
Advil.
Not poo pooin anyone.
I mean it helps some, but not what some folks
Crack it up to be, at least for me.
Better than nothing but that’s it for me.

1 Like

i’ve always said it doesn’t take the pain away so much as makes it very easy to ignore. that’s much better than actual relief anyway, at least in my opinion. if you’re in pain, your body is trying to tell you something. i have been injured on painkillers after losing that message and trying to do what my body was telling me not to do before. i’ve got a pulled tendon/muscle/ligament that never did heal right and still gives me trouble if i get out of my truck too fast.

3 Likes

Exactly what I think.Pain Is the thing that keeps US alive,for real,It tells something Is wrong and removing this warning at times results in worst conditions.But sometimes like tootaches or spine and you re treating It with the therapy It Just Is bothering,so we could make use of weed.That Is how I see It.Or also when headaches comes

1 Like

Wow. Looks like a bunch of seedlings.
I think @royal has a good option for you. Auto zamal is likely a good pick. There is indeed a reason you remember those old varieties with fondness. They have a great kick to them and they don’t make you paranoid or sleepy. For me they can offer pain relief, in that I don’t think of the pain when smoking sativas. Of course flowering time is an issue with those old strains… So the next closest thing is an auto sativa like you are growing now. Maybe that red hair will stretch when it starts to flower. Disappointing look to it so far as height goes.
Going outside of the auto zone, a good Traditional Kush region strain could be helpful. While some Afghan and Paki strains can be extremely narcotic, I have found some that are not. These Traditional kush varieties offer a full spectrum of cannabinoids, one or more of which could be very helpful for your pain without making you sleepy. Kashmir comes to mind. Soon it will be easy to find seeds on OG. A little duct tape seals holes…or facing the zipper away from a direct light source should be dark enough. My buddy The Cruelty Desk swore that light leaks didn’t matter as long as the plants deal with them from birth. I have to say my experience echos his. Modern designer strains can be fussy, so these I wouldn’t mess with. As you found out they probably don’t have the high you are looking for anyway.

4 Likes

That’s my spot too. All cloudy with an occasional amber gets me in the zone. I’ve never been happy letting them go longer.

4 Likes

There are some good genetics here to grow. I recommend you try as much variety as possible. I grow regulars pretty “regularly,” and it’s better in a lot of ways. Usually seeing a male show up is a relief because that means I can spread out the plants a bit.

I think Mephisto is a great place to get terps, but I haven’t tried Auto Zamaldelica (Ace) and that sounds like an awesome strain to me.

I grew some Fastbuds a couple of years ago that acted a lot like stretchy sativas. Also you might look into Frost Brothers too.

If light gets out of your tent it’ll get in the tent too. I’m waiting for my tent to wake up right now so I can feed the cat. My zipper broke and now I can’t close it all the way. I think given your situation, autos make a lot of sense.

3 Likes

How to fix tent problem in one word. DUCKTAPE . :joy:

5 Likes

I know right! but nope its one plant that is 27 days old today.Now I have been using LST and staking her down and spreading her out tho. Trying to make sure light hits her evenly and that there is not under canopy that isnt getting light.

3 Likes

Several rolls of Duck Tape brand duct tape on order. :+1:

2 Likes

Maybe I should be more clear, the Light does not come out the sides of the tent, just the vent holes and the Zipper. So no need to duck tape the sides up and shit lmao.

2 Likes

Me too - just that damn plastic zipper.

2 Likes

Well mine is a metal zipper but ya, its an iPower brand tent off amazon, its what I could afford that had all metal construction and no plastic connectors inside for the pipes.

1 Like

I wish, what ever that shit was I was feeling NOTHING at all, Like i was outside, In OHIO in JANUARY and I could not even feel the cold. It Most certianly DID work for my pain, cause I felt NOTHING lol. But hell I dont even know what the strain was and the Brain dead part I did not like.

3 Likes

I blacked out my windows with Plasti dip and blankets. I open the tent at times with the room light on and use my phone light to show people, but quickly, fwiw. You could drape a blanket or something over the zipper, or sew a flap on one side and velcro to other. for my vents I have 4 in ducting draped down outside the tent like elephant trunks.

3 Likes

A little light leaking is fine.

I prefer photos.

7 Likes

Its the red power on leds on the Tower fans and gear that is what you want to watch out for.Like a shining little beacon of not hope but laser beam of Herm inducing light.Got to black that shit out or desolder the led or its franks and beans for you

3 Likes

That’s all pretty normal bud.

1 Like

I keep hearing good things about this company. If I was looking for auto seeds I would start here.
@Ace71975 You could always duct tape a refrigerator sheet of cardboard over a whole entire side of your tent to block out light. A box outside of your box… Leave two sides on it so you can drape it over your tent and cut holes in it for your fan. The fan should hold the cardboard in place for you. If you get imaginative you can take care of those light leaks no problem without spending money. Of course, with autos, you don’t have to worry about that, so you have some good common sense for sure. Just don’t let that little light leak stop you from expanding your horizons. It’s fixable

2 Likes