A glimpse into my garage

Seeds going in water.
2 (all) C99 (F6) (Mosca -> @Jetdro)
3 Angel’s Breath Mr Nice-> @AlmostDone
3 GSC (F2) @cogitech
3 Durban F4 (Cannabiogen -> @Lefthandseeds)
3 Heri mine. I should call it B1.

(more in a bit… Gotta pick an “OG Kush like” strain. Wanna see if crossing with the Durban gets me anywhere near the GSC)

6 Likes

I should call it a B1. For Bottleneck #1. The decline begins now. Maybe at this point it becomes just Heri.

OK little ones, who wants to be in a contest?

1 Like

Pulled three Deep Chunk x Herijuana seeds from the Mama and put them in wet. Probably dunk some WCS x Heri too.

Edit: 4 hours ago this was plucked from an immature bud. Somebody wants to be in the contest.

20200630_204523~2

6 Likes

What’s the game?

1 Like

This just started. If you don’t mind being a couple days behind and you have a seed to pop I suspect you could still sneek in.

1 Like

Maternity Ward:

Not shown, BMcBF and harvested WCS (and WCS crosses)

6 Likes

Deep Chunk x Herijuana top

This morning I found a candy cane stalk about 3/4 inch sticking out. Thought for a second that it had lost its head but realized it had lost its way. Roots up, head down. I put on rubber gloves and pulled gently. It came out and I grabbed the tap-root “hook” with tweezers and pushed it in right-side up. We shall see.

The one “surviving” C99, below has stalled.

7 Likes

I’ll post daily pics of the OHuck girdling experiment here.

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6
The control is catching up with purpling. Not seeing gold except on the margins of a few leaves.

Day 7

Day 8

Cut their heads off today. Picture doesn’t show but they’re getting brown. Girdled pheno seems to have MORE green.

Day 9

Day 10
The apical buds are getting dry and ugly pretty evenly. I am pruning those.

One noteworthy observation, the branches below the girdle show far less purple color and age. I wonder if those branches are receiving what is cut off from the top. Could be powerful.

Day 11
Ideally this would be done with clones rather than sisters. Relative to the deep purple sister I get the distinct sense that the girdle has slowed the onset of senescence.

The girdling is visible right above the large flower on the main stem.

Day… May have missed one. Call it 13. Everything continues to age except the buds below the girdling.

Day… Don’t remember… Think this is done.

7 Likes

Here is another interesting experiment. I took a flowering, unrooted cut (OHuck), that had been sitting around for a week or two. I swabbed it through some DC pollen, and poked it and its sibling into the same pot.

It has survived several months (the unpollinated control didn’t fair as well) and there will be seeds.

This demonstrates the possibility of simple, unplanned seed propagation in a situation where I don’t want to risk partially seeding or otherwise interfering with the mother (beyond a three node limb removal.)

As with the OHucks in the previous post, this one is purpling up nicely.

6 Likes

Bushy Herijuana and Deep Chunk mamas went in flower tent tonight. Hoping DC Mama buds up fast. I have a rapidly aging DC boy who would love a last fling.

2 Likes

Project: Herijuana with Deep Chunk and Wild Canadian Sativa.

Explore dominant/recessive traits on Indica/Sativa spectrum. I want to watch how traits are passed using a Herijuana keeper.

All three of these have the same Herijuana Dad (not shown. No longer with us). Mothers were - Left: Deep Chunk, center: Herijuana, right WCS.

Back row. Deep Chunk Mama and Heri Mama. Not going to grow more WCS. This project is to add to the list of known unknowns. Given the current knowns I intend to repeat this with the Cannabiogen Durban as the sativa exemplar.

5 Likes

At least it happened while hanging with the woman who gave it to me.

1 Like

Sad days :weary:

1 Like

Bummer man, but to quote Skunkman Sam, “glass breaks”, that’s just what it does. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

This one is better. Heavier. Easier to clean. Kept the old bowl.

6 Likes

Introducing Rhinopple

These five seeds and one seedling are all that remains of my attempted White Rhino x Sour Pineapple CBD cross. Crushed another 50 of them between my fingers.

White Rhino is reported to have the requisite high CBD genetics. Sour Pineapple is an 18/1 CBD IIRC. No SP female made it to the cut.

Edit 7/30 - all five popped. In plugs now.
Edit 8/8 - all five crapped out. Seedling is still going.

3 Likes

OHuck x Deep Chunk

… though perhaps not many. Still, proof of concept for pollinating a flowering cut achieved.

5 Likes

And what did you learn from this “girdle” technique? I kind of came in toward the end. I put a sweater on my pug in the winter but I never heard of a plant girdle. Can you make a bra for my big plants? What are you Smokin’ these days brother? Might consider some LITFA on that shit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:
All love…

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Brother @AllOra. I see your plants in mainly solo cups. Do you drink beer in 3gal containers? Sorry man. I’m quite high at the moment. Gonna LITFA for 5 minutes. :rofl::grin::sunglasses:

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes