A glimpse into my garage

Threw that hat off like a champ. Now what, Stretch?

4 Likes

Put her under an hps, or led, or even a florescent light setup(inches away) with a slight breeze from an oscillating fan… That plant will turn into Hercules!! :wink:

Good luck buddy! :grinning::+1:

4 Likes

Her single parent was a child of Hermes and Aphrodite. They were as strong and tried as Hercules.

You copy @Hephaestus?

1 Like

Another glimpse:

@CLOSETGROWTH, you see a place for the long legged lass here?

8 Likes

@AllOra I have never seen someone cut the root mass like you did. That is some interesting stuff. Did she reveg for you?

4 Likes

@Mongobongo
I was following a pattern from this excellent post which BTW was how I found OverGrow.com. Bonsai Mums by Oldtimer1

The recent ColombianGoldxPanamaRed downpotting didn’t take. I frankly didn’t expect it to. The herm had a life of torment and neglect. Spent August and some of September in the middle of my GF’s study 15 feet under a 3’x3’ skylight with another window near. Water waiters and no augmented light, no schedule. I visited two or three times a week. We were also away 3 times in August. 7 to 10 days each time. Their lower branches had already died off before the cut so there was little green to sustain life.

The first downpotted CGxPR, has settled in well. A bonsai mother, source of cuttings. One happened by accident two days ago, you can see it hanging on her side.
I will have two more chances. One today if the GSCxOX shows signs of recovering from the shock of my take down and the light change. After a life in the sun, she is being asked to reveg under LED SILs.

4 Likes

Whats this? My ex is getting jiggy with an lgbtq?

Ok well no effin returns! :smile:

1 Like

@Hephaestus, no talk of Greek deities is complete with out the forger of lightening bolts.

You know why a divorce costs so much? Because its worth it! :smile:

2 Likes

Mine was relatively cheap and painless. The moment the clerk signed the divorce stipulation was more joyful than our Hawaiian Honeymoon.

2 Likes

Lmao, 6 years 6figures and I still haven’t gotten that piece of paper.

1 Like

Potted down. Added a drop of Superthrive to the 3/4 gallon of water.

Gonna test the Superthrive on half a tray of seedlings.

2 Likes

A Dora (GSCxOaxacan) clone, finishing up.

Another. This one is special. I will keep her around if she’ll let me.

12 Likes

Where did you get the gsc x oaxacan seeds?
Cross just sounds good. N looking at that little clone i think theres potential there.

lay that thing down n tap that plastic cap with hammer to crack it. Under it the leds are flat against the back. You wont hit em. Then i just grab it (the busted cap) with pliers n twist n wiggle til they pop off. They put out some light for what they are once that cap is off. They make heads to hold 5-7 of those bulbs in em
I got a backup light made of 100w(equivelent) 2700k led floodlights from walmart with caps popped and a 150w(eq.) cree daylight flood as center with cap still on it. Spreads the white in the yellow better. Whole light was like $30. Itll grow something though.

1 Like

Sounds just like mine, even down to the Cree. I will take a shot later. Coming up on time to make a flowering space.

1 Like

GSCxOaxacan seeds came from a friend who had a friend. I have a small few left. I have asked for more but they may not be available. Hoping the Mama makes it.

Her yield was ultimately on the low side, maybe 5 oz. But she’s sticky and packs a kick. Spent 20 minutes napping in a drained bathtub because getting up seemed like a bad idea.

4 Likes

That seems like a very dramatic reduction of the root ball.
Do they usually survive that, or was this an experiment?

The one in that picture did not make it. I have three more. One with a somewhat less dramatic reduction is doing quite well. Two are struggling but I don’t think it’s because of the root ball reduction. One-trick may be to harvest on the early side, so that the plant hasn’t begun to die before you repot it
My belief is that as long as the demands on the root system are reduced along with the roots the plant has a good shot.

3 Likes

Temp in garage is 58° RH 48.

Bonsai Mother, ColombianGoldxPanamaRed still looking good. May pull a few clones to keep her working.

Two more struggling. Third in front was just cut down. No repot.

These were doing fine under the dome for about 5 days. When I removed the dome they started falling over.

Lights are far away.

These are doing fine. Potted at the same time as above but no dome, ever. Closer to 2x F20T12 lights. Gal in front started on a windowsill.

All the sprouts are CGxPR fems from Korin. Unless one or two show stunning qualities I expect to pull them all up before they mature. Just want to know what happens to them when I max out on LITFA.

Current plan is to fertize half of them when they show 3 blade leaves. Let the others ask for ferts. See what that looks like.

7 Likes