A little help needed

ok so got 2 Apollo 13 plants growing in organic soil I transplant them from 3-5 gallon, then I start seeing droopy tops and burnt tips ,stems are red/purple. figured it was overwater so I let them dry back watered a little with some compost teas and they are still looking pissed off.

using organic soil (same soil I have used before no problems)
temp 25C day and night is 18C
humidity is 70% jumps up a bit at lights out

5 Likes

Looks to me like it maybe PH issues.

3 Likes

Pics will help with this, typically u will have transplant shock and should give a some water in it’s new container but not uncommon that the top of the plant will fold over for a day or two, with plants there is never immediate fixes, just got to give em a day or two to show of it worked

1 Like

When was the last time the soil was amended? Have u checked pH?
Def looking at issues with new growth and possible nutrient lockout, did your soil sit and cook all summer before using it?

1 Like

Also how’s air flow in that room, I had issues towards the end of veg after a watering with some leaves looking like that, from not getting enough airflow in my room and to the root zone, things got a lil stagnant

The over watering is apparent but the yellowing of the outside leaves tend to be a PH problem with lock out problem. If you have a pH meter check ur runoff then adjust accordingly and always pH the water or feed prior to feeding.

1 Like

soil was mixed in the summer and sat in a drum till now. same soil I always use. Never had problems with these plants till I transplanted to the 5 gallon and that was 2 weeks ago. ph of the water going in last watering was 6.8

1 Like

Obviously overwatering, but with those dark leaves, possible nitrogen over abundance? Are you adding anything else beyond water? extra nutes? Anything high N in your soil mix?

3 Likes

Soil seems a little hot as I can see the tips burning.
Other than that I’d say over watering.
pH is usually the culprit when plants freak out like this but soil usually buffers to the correct pH. Maybe check the pH of your runoff if possible as buffers do eventually wash out :v:

3 Likes

Humidity isn’t the issue causing your problems at this point, but you better get it down before your buds start bulking up. If not, you’ll be dealing with far worse issues, like bud rot…

3 Likes

yea I was guessing that ph was off and over watered after transplant and soil might be little hot but I think I would have seen signs of that earlier in veg
They are feed only water and a few tea’s

2 Likes

Reconfigure your pH meter. My current grow I got lazy as usual and didn’t take my own advice. Got a horrible zink deficiency. I got it back in order now. 2 of my plants are doing excellent and recovered well but I’ve got 2 not doing so well. Expensive seeds as well :roll_eyes:
You live and learn.
What I’ve learned in my years of growing any issues I have is to first check the pH. :+1:

2 Likes

What is your water source? RO?

Using a mix of rain water and town

That was what I suspected, that soil cooked up nice, almost to nice, flush your soil and give it a few days with lots of air flow and see if things improve

First of all, be at peace.
Second of all, be at peace.

These plants grow in the desert.
Stop watering and get that humidity down.

Also tell us in detail how you make your teas.

Could also be the light perhaps, move it up a little every day until the leaves point upwards, then stop. And 11 hours is enough for flower.

One more thing I noticed, that’s a pretty big bush for that size pot, flip to flower a little earlier next time.
I flip when the plant is the same size as the pot.
As above, so below.

1 Like

Do check runoff pH, 6.8 is too high, soil could be now alkaline and missing Iron for that reason … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Agreed. pH issues. Runoff pH is what you need to measure. Water until you get a few tablespoons of runoff and measure that. I prefer pH drops, they’re never wrong, or make sure your meter is calibrated.

When the whole plant starts looking like crap suddenly, it is almost always a pH issue. Usually low, rarely high. Yours looks low to me.

I’d switch to pure tapwater, rainwater has no alkalinity (resistance to pH change). Or add calmag. Either or.

Bingo. Went out and got a new ph meter, ph was low. She’s looking much better now, perked right up after a ewc tea. and yea probably a smart idea to switch back to town water.

3 Likes

Trimmed up the lowers and put her into flower.

looking a lot happier

2 Likes