Fast yellowing plants

Hi og

All my plants are yellow, it appears early in bloom around two weeks, I fed them pretty normaly.
I’m in coco bottom feed no ph check, nitrogen seems to be available on a huge scale so I dont know…
It could be that the light was too close, and so it fucked up nutrients assimilation.

I dont know, i m all ears out

Day 15, its been two days since i’ve switched from preflowering to 50/50 preflowering flowering nutrients

Day 19 only flowering nutrients

Day 26 i’m noticing yellowing, on low leafs and on some plants on top leafs also

While this one is already in finishing colors …

This one only have the low leaves yellow while the upper leaves are pointing upwards

Day 29, three days later only, during this laps I’ve been spraying leaves with various nitrogen mix, things just accelerated getting worse

Day 31

I decided to put the light higher but if it’s was the problem i guess the damages are already done

Day 36

7 Likes

Hey there mi amigo -

Can you elaborate how you are bottom feeding the coco?

I Bottom feed as well on a few of my plants but in coco you have to ammend with certain things as the SALTS buildup has nowhere to go.

So my assumption from imagining those plants in your pictures are mine are two things;

The lower leaves yellowing is pretty natural - they can’t recieve light so are unable to produce clorophyll turning yellow and dying off. but when you raised the light all of the leaves have fried.

Salt buildup; PH lockout is my guess. PH mainly because you say you don’t PH and coco needs a very fine PH value.

The Cal/Mag probably needed to be raised in early flower also - this is lead cause of poor flower development in cocos.

Lastly. This is under the impression you are keeping your coco wet like me. If your coco ever dried out on top then you have problems.

5 Likes

Other than that the colors on that last pic look pretty nice mane. Looks like the plant was dying faster than it was developing. Just need to dial it up a bit you’ve got a green thumb.

What are these “its been two days since i’ve switched from preflowering to 50/50 preflowering flowering nutrients”?

I second the PH. But might also recommend 1-2ml/Gallon of Mg if pH doesn’t improve things. I had issues with two lime cakes in veg and they started fading during week 3 as a result of the damage/stress to the oldest leaves on them. They are still turning out more than fine.

3 Likes

Looks like she is finishing early due to nutriment deficiencies.
Early shots look like she is running low on nitrogen.
Remove leaves that are showing necrosis and ‘baby’ it along, it will cross the finish line. I’d say you are too far into flower to do much, maybe one weak (1/4 strength or less) feeding.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Here is a single plant in pure coco (edit I lied it’s 20% perlite) -
just so you know I’m not pulling your legz.

8 Likes

My opinion up to day 36 on your pics those plants look great. Coco bottom feed im not too sure of. Most likely what youre seeing is a need for higher magnesium levels. Calmag or maybe just epsom salt flush from top to runoff. Coco is known to suck the calmag right off the plants spoon. Add either calmag or just epsom salt to your water. Run whatever ph you been running as they were doing great with that number. Almost for sure you bump the calmag or mainly mag up and water from top youll see improvement.

3 Likes

Hello Mr.grafik

I just throw 2L daily all five plants are in the same tank, now since they are yellow it’s 1L only…, I add few drops of ataclean which is used by ftw coco user, it’s a nodrain system as well, normally it’s for avoiding salt clogging into drip system

I’m using a special coco formula which is advertised as cal-mag supplemented, it’s called Flora coco from ghe/terra aquatica.

Coco always wet…no burn tips…

3 Likes

Hm… This is quite the puzzle.

I see salts on the botom of your pot -

The plants look chunky though… What is the strain?

1 Like

Hate to say it but - you may be overwatering the root system. They can’t deliver the N.

Did you get the roots established before flowering? You do this on coco by irrigating the perimiter of the pot until the roots are engulfing the media.

Once the roots are established you can do as you please…

1 Like

Check the pH, its likely high locking out nutrients.

1 Like

That’s my strongest guess! But this is kind of fun, being a puzzle! This guy just inspired my next thread -

Thanks Mr. Stoo

2 Likes

The nutrients I use, i’ve been following their feeding recommandation but I’ve make a transition between preflowering and flowering, using 50% of each instead of goin full flowering directly also I used a 70% dosage keeping an eye on foliage color

Nice plant btw but maybe too green :crazy_face::sob:

1 Like

That is interesting feeding… Not sure I understand what you mean by it. Ah yes! Yes well that is a plant at week 4!

I ran out of Magnesium so had to use on hand Cal/Mag which was 1-0-0

Good shot and better eye! Rather green than yellow :nauseated_face:

Best of luck!

Thanks to everyone stopping by, mainly it’s salt built up and ph

But what I dont get is that scale of nitrogen is pretty huge if not the bigger of all macro, from 3 to 10 ?

So how nitrogen déficiency could have his origin in pH ?

And on salt buildup that should burn the plants as well no ? Ending with a mix of overfeeding signs and déficiency signs I guess

Got it all figured it seems! Happy grows :sunglasses:

Nope. Its not. Its mag deficiency and lack of fresh oxygen at the root zone due to bottom feeding. But im no pro. The salts being built up are your mag being held by the coco

2 Likes

I notice the pots are too small for the plant, can that influence the shedding of leaves?

3 Likes

If it was a ph problem knowing that N got the biggest scale then it should show signs of déficiency of other micro / macro first, dont you think ?

Do you know your ph ? The water your putting in whats that ph.