A little Help PWM Late flower Indoors

I have a plant a week or 2 from finish that is showing small spots on some leaves of PWM , I use potassium bicarbonate to prevent such a break out but stopped at 4 weeks into flower. Now I am so close. took off most affected leaves I could find and applied very dilute spray of Greencure (Potas/bicarb)
Mostly on the leaves and shook and fan dried completely.
That did the trick for a few days, but humidity has been in the 60’s again at night lights off. I now see very small spots on a few very few leaves close to the buds, what would you guys recommend or do at this point?
Thks never had PWM indoors before .

2 Likes

Amazing info here, at this point i think your out of luck though.

4 Likes

@Slammedsonoma420 is right in once it’s there, you have few options, but to slow down the spread:
Fans to keep the air moving 24/7.

A small dehififier would be good too. We have this in the bathroom. Sucks out of the air about 2 cups of water before needing emptying.

EDIT
If you can take the plants outside, i would spray (mist w a spray bottle) affected areas w 10% nonfat milk to 90% water mixture. It should be room temp. Not cold water.
Let plants dry in sunlight. The milk plus sunlight will slow down (or stop) the PM spread. Repeat in 3-4 days.

Not promoting amazon but this is a good size dehum. for reference. $38 on sale.

Found the brand: Eva-Dry brand is what we have.
Eva-Dry EDV-1200 it works great.

5 Likes

Make sure you break the cycle before your next run or that shit will come back. Get your hands on some elemental sulfur. Once you break it out, the mildew is extinct.

4 Likes

@STIGGY before I got rid of PM with @JoeCrowe 's sulfur method, I used one of these in flower all the way to harvest. It staved the pm off, and left no residue, but never got rid of it like the sulfur. I still had to wash the buds to get any dead pm off.

I could let the Clean Light go, lol!

1 Like

This is a single plant that I moved in from outside into a spare room,as the weather became bad
Needed more time to finish. I will be setting up my grow room this winter .
Different location, with dehumidifier. I have sulfer for a burner but no longer have a burner, is there a way to dilute the chips to add then to water?

1 Like

Or better yet How can I make a sulfur burner for a one time use?
I want to clean this room .

@STIGGY He just used a potpourri burner in the vid.
Might work for you.
:v:

3 Likes

You can grind up the pellets and mix them with water. It works just as good. When you get them made into powder, just mix 1-1/2 tablespoons per liter, and spray that all over the plant material in the room. Spray it twice to make sure. Or when you start growing plants in there, spray them twice, two weeks apart and it’ll finish that shit off.

4 Likes

Never tried this before. Can the flower still be used after treatment?

1 Like

Oh sorry I forgot that part. Never spray in bloom unless you aren’t smoking the buds.

3 Likes

I watch that one , may work if I can get the holding vessel hot enough with tea candles? Thks

1 Like

It’s not the end of the world to harvest a week early.

Giving the whole thing a little strip might not be a bad idea.

2 Likes

I did strip it , it is holding at no PM at this time.
But I sprayed it with a very light misting of Potassium Bicarbonate already
5 days ago.
I sample dried a small bud that was coated with the mist last night ( no mold insight) It was very nice no bad tastes at all.
This is for my own head
What to do, what to do,

1 Like

^^^^^ see above Thks

It’s a judgement call at this point. I’ve used bicarbonate and it buys 4-5 days.

Either take them or hit it again or harvest.

I’ve smoked these treated buds and it was fine but I would consider a good hosing down before harvest.

3 Likes

I may try to do the water spray right before harvest or a bucket wash
Thks you sexy beast

2 Likes

I would wash those buds in 8oz baking soda per 5 gal of water for anything that made it through the treatment.

1 Like