Any way to save this?

is there anyway to salvage this? I made it primarily for seeds and edibles :frowning: I assume my seeds will still be good. Its an outdoor plant.

2 Likes

What do you think is wrong with it. Bud mold? Or?

2 Likes

pretty sure its powdery mildew

6 Likes

I see it now, maybe a light soap solution and do a nice rub down on them.?

2 Likes

Im looking at hydrogen peroxide treatment right now but if I don’t have any prolly do what you said

2 Likes

Just spitballing, but alcohol extraction should totally kill any spores. If the used in edibles I bet you will be OK.

I would eat a rice crispy treat made from those via alcohol extraction, solvent transfer to butter, then cooked/heated again when baking into the crispy treats…

6 Likes

Didn’t think of that. Like @Dirtron said if you use it for extract then it possibly wouldn’t affect the product. As well as infusion into butter into the oven…like he said shouldn’t ruin it. At least for extracts. Hydrogen peroxide I bet would do the trick.

2 Likes

I did the Cervantes method of washing in peroxide/water once… on light mildew… hated to injest it to be honest but I was low on smoke.

If that’s not an issue I’d told it after removing seed.

3 Likes

I’ve never tried it but here is the link to his wash method.

6 Likes

You can make bubble hash with it. Just trim off all leaf. Washes the buds, separates the trichomes from the material and the mold.

6 Likes

I ended up doing the hydrogen peroxide stuff, it didnt get rid of all the mildew but in the video the guy said it kills the mildew, all im worried about tbh.

prolly just going to make edibles with, after I collect the seeds of course.

3 Likes

I’ve tried this before you buds actually taste pretty good after you’ve done. :dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

2 Likes

Looks like a little powder mold. Sometimes hydrogen peroxide a little alcohol. Those videos on it on YouTube. Their was a post on ilgm where a guy use a touch it was interesting. Sorry about the mold. I use neem oil with fungicide. But even with that I still run the risk of having problem. I seen your answer after I already posted

1 Like

Next time…while they are growing…spray them down good with a 40% milk to water mix. Needs to be done in the morning…you want 5 hours of sun on them after. That pm will dissipate a little more with each treatment. I spray day 1 then day 3, then day 7.then every week after that. Then washing your bud in peroxide ala Jorge, will finish it. The PM starts on the fans and you want to treat it before the buds are infested and the milk will do that.

4 Likes

That’s a pretty good case of PM you’ve got there.

Bubblehash. I’ve turned some nasty looking plants into delicious hash.

2 Likes

ALL my outdoor plants have a slight case of PM, checked last night. Some worse then others (only like two) I already cleaned the one I posted here.

Boy oh boy…fuck lol

1 Like

sorry to hear it man. The damage is done.

But get some bubblebags and go to town. All is not lost.

1 Like

Sounds like you already did the wash with peroxide/water. It’s a solid method for your situation. Being that it’s diluted & then washed again in clean water you shouldn’t be worried about any health effects from ingestion. Not sure where this falls on the bro science scale tho lol

The only way to be certain would be getting a lab test done after a wash and seeing what comes up.

1 Like

I had 4 plants outside with similar looking PM.
I harvested:

And then made bubble hash:

Problem solved!

5 Likes

That’s what I would recommend at this point :peace_symbol:

1 Like