A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

OK Power came back on after 3 hours last week, and has been good since.

Clones and seedlings going strong, I need to get a humidity controller now the cabinet has been up in the high 90% this week with lights off, 80% lights on, but we have had a lot of rain. Temps are staying up around 78-80F days, and 68-70F nights, as ambient temps picked up this week, but today is not bad. The cabinet is filling up, and I have 5 weeks of Veg left before they will be going into the big pots. I may put some of them in the veg tent.

Small clones and seedlings. Painted Fires C99xGHP are doing well, and have come out from under the desk light, and the 2 Sebs Rev have gained 50% in size. Another week and I will top them.

Bigger clones that will be heading out to the veg tent shortly.

In the veg tent we still have 6 plants I was away seeing friends yesterday and I have a hangover today so the 3 going to the flower room can wait until tomorrow lol. My truck is still off the road so I haven’t got what I need to extend the tent yet. Temps and RH have been the same as usual but its going to get hotter soon.

The turbo clone is in the veg tent with 6 Sebs Rev cuttings. I took the lower branches off leaving the top 4 sets on Monday. The veg plants have grown quite a bit this week. After topping all the branches I could find on the front 3.

Sebs Rev plant got topped and trimmed Monday, every branch got topped and I have close to 40 when they eventually split, it has 5 weeks left and I will probably top every developing branch on the secondary branches as well before they go for flowering. This could be a monster lol

The ISSXBB with 5 weeks of veg left the cutting has still not shown sex in the flower room yet but its only been in there a week. It will start to get some training soon.

A hog that got topped Monday all its little branches are now splitting into 2.

In the flower room Things are hotting up, the exhaust fan is running pretty much constantly during the day atm, with temps 70F nights 82f days RH 60% nights 40% days. Probably have to put the aircon in here next week. What I save on not having to run a heater at night now, goes into cooling during the day. Moved some plants about to make room for the next 3 coming in.

First 5, now at 6 weeks from flip.Starting to look very frosty and starting to bulk up, I always get a bit disappointed at this time, thinking the buds don’t look big enough for the amount of time. lol

Next 4, at 5 weeks now from flip, they should be just finishing their stretch now.

Blue Heaven close up all sparkly, damn lower fanners are doing this burnt looking crap again, same as the last one. Apart from that they look perfect, so unless they just start to die off this early in flower, I don’t know what is causing it yet, but its annoying.

GDP close up, all frosty. Starting to stack up better now they are shorter.

15 Likes

Temps are up again today getting warmer. Just checked the buds, and the laser thermometer says 82F, so I have put the window aircon back in its place and start it up tomorrow, I need the refrigerant to settle down after turning it upside down, and on its side.

5 Likes

Weather is getting harder to predict it seems. After 2 weeks of mid 90s, we got a weekend of pop-up showers and today at noon it’s just 82 with low humidity. Feels like spring. It will change back tomorrow though. Keep’em cool Shadey.

3 Likes

Great grow show @Shadey I’m liking what I’m seeing for sure!

5 Likes

Got my aircon operationall today, it got up to 91F in the flower room yesterday, those girls certainly get stinky at those temps.

It’s a much cooler 76F today in there now. It will soon be the place to hang out, if I want to get away from the heat.

Cheers Tiny, the shows getting bigger, 3 more plants went in on Monday. Starting to get cramped up in there. So another Blue Heaven, a GDP and a Hog :relieved:

4 Likes

The aircon was on this morning when I went in just as the lights came on, it shouldn’t have as the room temp was only 72F. So I am going to have to tinker with its settings, may have to let it run the room a bit hotter so it shuts down over night or switch the night heater off that is set to keep it at 70F over night. Always a few teething problems when starting to deal with a different time of season.

Some pics of the new plants in the flower room.

9 Plants in this one with the 3 newbies on the outside bud less atm.

The first 4 doing good apart from the BH I am going to try extra calcium with these, they have plenty of everything as far as I can tell so I will apply some cal/mag with their next watering, see if that helps…

Clones and seedlings got some room to breath now, the hog on the left was the one removed with the dying branch its almost come back only about 10% of the leaves have died on that branch. although they still seem to be smaller leaves developing. Topped the 2 Sebs Rev seedlings on Monday and will probably top the 2 C99XGHP from painted fire in about a week, once they hit 6 nodes. They are the 2 in the red party cups front right.

In the Veg tent we have 4 new plants chilling and growing fast front right and behind the cloner. I may take all their tops for clones to keep them a bit shorter, they still have 4 weeks before they go into the big pots. 6 cuttings in the cloner of Sebs Rev CBD 1 has good roots and 2 are just starting, the other 3 have white bumps appearing on the stems hopefully they will root up.

The ISSXBB has taken off this week with some very rapid growth, I am going to pin her tops down today they dont like making branches even if you top them. I want some clones from this one its not got the fast stretchy gene the others have had, that I have grown.

The Sebs Rev that I kept to 4 main branches and now has lots of secondary branches all got their ends topped last weekend, as soon as the branches on the secondary ones have grown a couple more inches I will top all those as well. Its starting to fill out nicely.

11 Likes

The wife just gave me 2 avocados that were over ripe, so I have chopped them in half and put 1 half in each of the 3 pots in the veg tent, and one half in my worm bin, to see if I can get a rough head count, I only put 5 worms in there before Christmas, not sure how many have survived winter.

I was wondering if avocado would be good blended up, and added to the water for the plants as well as the worms.

4 Likes

OK missed last Sundays update, not sure why, other than being retired, I cant remember what day it is LOL.

Temps are climbing in the grow tents, and rooms at the moment, and so is the humidity at night. In the clone Cab its staying around 80F with the extraction fan running pretty continuous, and humidity climbs to about 90% at night after lights out. Noticed a few white specs on the leaves so I gave them all a misting with neem oil and water 2 days ago, and its all gone now. I need a humidity controller asap to keep the fan going when the RH climbs at night. I also increased the fan speed to max in the cab for moving the air around.

atm there are 2 TUT, 2 BH, 1 BBC, 1 HOG and 1 GDP, 3 Sebs REv and 2 C99xGHP and 2 more Sebs Rev to get potted up from the cloner.

Korean Style LABS, 1 week old atm and brewing nicely 10 liters all together.

In the Veg tent in 10 gal pots, we have 1 Hog, 1 ISSXBB being pinned down, and a broken Sebs Rev CBD. Really pissed off with myself, I bent the branches down on Tuesday and went a bit too far on one branch, and it has died off, losing about 20+ tops on the branch :cry::rage:

The tent is sitting around 78-80F lights on and 68F nights with RH 60-65% constant and the exhaust fan running several times an hour atm.

The other plants are doing good, they got a dose of neem oil misting as well, as a preventative for PM, just in case. There are 3 in 2 liter pots, 2 BH, and a TUT, which will get put into the 10 gal pots coming out of the flower room in 2 -3 weeks. I will be taking some cuttings from these shortly as well. I gave away 4 GDP 2 ft clones at the weekend, and a buddy just called, asking if I could make some up for him, for 3 weeks time, when he crops out.

In the cloner we have 5 Sebs Rev cuttings, one has been potted up 3 days ago, and there are 2 more getting done this afternoon.

A couple of pics of the worms under the avocado halves. They move so fast when the light hits them, 3/4 of them disappeared before I could focus the camera lol. There were lots of white babies, so it seems to be working on the 2 I checked.

In the flower room, temps are around 80F at midday, with the aircon working hard, and 68F at night, RH is 35-40% lights on and 80% lights off at the coldest part of the night which is not good, the extraction fan is set to run at 65% so its probably not coping with all the plants in the room atm. I have never had this may flowering before at once, hopefully when the first 5 come out in 2 weeks, the RH will drop down a lot more. So this Sunday coming, the first 5 will be at 8 weeks now, and the second group of 4, will be at 6 weeks, and the 3 newbies will be at 2 weeks. I am not impressed with this first 5 using the branch bending, as the buds are still looking small to this point on the last grow. I am going to give them 2 more weeks as some were topped just before flipping and took a week longer to get flowers up on them. Put another batch of wine on in there, to bump up the C02, running the aicon makes the room semi sealed unless the humidity goes over 65%, and the exhaust creates a a passive intake of air.

First 5 1 HOG, 1 BBC, 1 TUT and 2 BH.

Next 4 3 GDP and a BH, the GDP seem to benefit from this branch bending technique more than the shorter growing plants, like HOG, BBC, BH and TUT.

3 Newbies, 2 HOG and a GDP, just starting to produce flowers now. They could use more space as they are getting bigger and spreading out. I need to re bend some branches again on these. Hopefully without killing them.

I will be glad when these 9 are out and I will be back to 6 plants in here instead of 14 and I can move around.

16 Likes

Ya avocados work pretty damn good I tied a banana brothel awhile back seemed that it needed to set for awhile before they became interested but once that happened there were just as many if not more on the banana !

I just got done downing a watermelon over the past few days saved almost 90% of the rind with a bit of meat froze them up will try a watermelon slushy here soon!

3 Likes

Bananas are cheaper than avocados, we usually have one or two that go real black before the bunch are finished. Do you use the skins as well?

1 Like

Yup I just took a ripe banana with a knife and sliced the skin and slightly squish some out, bury banana , easy peasy!

5 Likes

Pissing down today, thunderstorms, heavy rain and back to 11C, glad I only have tomatoes out in it ATM, another week to 10 days and hopefully 4 germinated ReikoX auto’s will be out there for the summer. I put 4 in water yesterday and 1 cracked so far.

3 Likes

I have half an avocado rotting in my fridge, maybe I’ll see if my worms are interested in it.

5 Likes

Be prepared for an explosion in population!

5 Likes

Good, I haven’t seen many since this winter…

4 Likes

Fellow NS grower here just chiming in to give a nod. Garden and system looks good bud cant wait to see end results of your current run.

The rain today sucks eh? My big plants are loving it though.

Have you grown autos outdoors in our climate before? I have but have not had much luck in getting big plants that are worth the effort.

Grow on!

2 Likes

They will, its like crack cocaine for them lol, they cant resist it. I think its all the estrogen hormones in the avocados.

4 Likes

Hi Trevor, thanks for dropping by. I am in Hammonds Plains.

I haven’t grown autos before, at all. So I hope they will do OK, I tried photos last year, but with all the ambient light around it took ages before they went into flower, and in the end I brought them into the grow room to finish off. I wont be doing that again, got a good dose of greenfly off them on all the other plants. So I am hoping that the autos will do better than the photos, and finish up before the frosts hit.

4 Likes

They should finish up for sure. Key is good start and watering/feeding frequency. I know a local grower who does about 100 autos outdoor every year. Sucks about the ambient light, and I know all about it, had to black out windows last year, and still had some issues late flower.

Also bear in mind, not so much in your area but in rural areas of NS (I’m on the north shore), there is alot of wild and industrial hemp being grown and pollen is landing on our plants. I dont know a single grower here that didnt have a ton of seeds at harvest last season.

Challenges of growing up here.

Will be following along with the thread as we go. Glad to see more locals on here.

5 Likes

Yeah I was talking to local growers around here, last year, and they were having the same problems with their outdoor grows getting pollinated.

If you are ever in my neck of the woods and want to drop in for a chat, drop me a PM. Is that North Shore Cape Bretton?

3 Likes