A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Now that there Sir sounds intriguing… Must Sleep…

Sorry about pulling you in to the middle /other thread

2 Likes

You’re going to need more than a new pair of scissors to hack thru that jungle! :slight_smile:

:peace:

4 Likes

I am amazed at how well these new teflon coated friskars work, I only had to clean them 4 times when I trimmed the Blue heaven yesterday, down side is not much scissor hash but saving about 40 minutes of scissor cleaning is better. Hows it all going up in the great white north man?

3 Likes

ok so i am old and just recently heard about this style of growing …can you please give me a brief description of what it means ? …after looking at your pictures and reading some realized i had pictured something quite different in my mind …not sure i could handle big containers like that …do you need to have that size to grow this way?

2 Likes

No problem Stiggy, I enjoy upsetting people with my tin foil hat :wink:

Send me some of your dogies pics.

1 Like

Hi River Lady thanks for stopping in.

Unfortunately bigger pots seem to be essential for no till, it helps with PH buffering. Basically No Till means No digging, all your supplements go straight down on the surface, to be broken down by the worms and bugs and bacteria. You need to add 25% of your plants back into the soil when the leaves are green, to keep the system running without deficiencies, you can also use cover crops to aid in this. So all my rough trim and defoliation goes straight back on top of the soil, and add stuff as and when they need it as well. Most of the time its about creating and feeding bacteria which then ion turn feed the plants.

7 Likes

Meh. Sick of winter and how low I’m feeling. Can’t seem to get anything together.

Keeping the plants alive at least but need to organize things a lot better and get some going to try the STS on.

Tomorrow for sure. :wink:

:peace:

6 Likes

this would have been wonderful back in the day when i was younger and had a greenhouse …now days i need to stay small as i live in a tiny house and am older with MS … but it sure looks fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Its a good way to grow organically, but heavy pots make it hard on my back, neck and shoulders, I try and move them when they need watering, they weigh 50% less :slight_smile:

4 Likes

have huge pots on my deck and some times i need to move them … got my self a cheap dolly at home depot it works great …not sure if that would be at all practical for you …

2 Likes

Not really, they go from my veg room in the house to my flower room in my workshop 25 ft away. My workshop has 2 x 6 in plank flooring which is a little uneven on the edges. Nothing rolls smoothly across it.

3 Likes

Weedly Update.

Under the stairs the clones doing well in the cloner, just over a week now probably 50% have root nubs showing so far, Not had to spray water inside the dome for the last 4 days now, what manages to come through from underneath keeps them good at these temps and theyn dont seem to expend a lot of energy.

In the clone seedling Cabinet, things going OK as well, temps have been on the high side this week 80-83F, as ambient temps have been above 0 during the day. I still haven’t changed the blurple for a SIL configuration, so I can lower the heat with less light.

The Sebs Rev seedlings going strong.

Orange Goji have jumped in size this week the late comer to the group is a little slow still.

The TER boy doing good I wish it was a girly its got such a thick trunk and close nodes.

Turned the blurple off for these, the 3 Big Nosed Kate going well, I told my buddy he will have to have some from the cuts in the cloner as these will be massive by the time the others are ready, he only has 1 light and tent, I keep telling him togrow just one strain at a time to keep it easy but he wont listen and then moans at why some do well and some dont, he will learn eventually.

The 3 Big Nosed Kate 3 will be going into ten gal pots this week as I have more clones coming for a mother fingers crossed. I want to try and train them, to bush them out more this time, instead of just topping a few branches. They could be a really good producer from what I am seeing with the one in flower atm.

Caramel Candy Kush, middle one has a Phosphorous problem, probably PH related in these small pots. I only half filled them so I can add more if they stretched too much, going to add an inch of sheep manure to the top of them this week.

In the Veg Tent the plants are settling into the big pots now and putting in some fast growth.
Mothers in the corner looking very happy atm, Nitrogen is still a little high, but at least they have stopped burning up.

Green Crack at the back and 1 TER at the front.

1 TER at the front then White Diesel X Ghost Ryder and Mighty Grape at the back. I had to start spraying for thrips again this week little fuckers cant quite seem to fully get rid of them.They are all around 18 inches atm. I was thinking of putting them into flower this week but, I am going to hold off for another week.

In the Flower Room.
Heater died a few days ago so they all got night chills again for a few days until I noticed it was down to 47Fin there the other morning before the lights came on. So I moved the heater from the veg tent to the flower room and got another little 200w heater from Canadian tire to go in the veg room. The Big Bang and Blueberry cough got some defoliation this week to open them up to the light a bit more.

Blueberry Cough, what a yummy smell coming from this plant, I thought it would have been done now but seems to still be gaining size and weight, some buds hanging down the side now. I had to put 2 more stakes in to support those buds. getting a nice fade still on more leaves.

Close up of those lovely frosty nugs.

Big Bang #2 I thought she would be done this week as she wasn’t drinking too much but that may have been due to the cold nights with a broken heater, as she is still throwing out new little buds. Trichs are starting to improve now as well.

Close up with a lighter for scale.

Bad Big Bang #1 found a fewmore little male flowers this week and some seeds here and there. her trichs are getting thicker now as well as throwing out more pistils.

Close up.

Painted Fires Big Nosed Kate. Still growing, they will all get another week, she may get 2 she is still a thirsty girl, and not losing to many leaves anymore. I had to put extra support tape higher up as all the branches are struggling to support the buds atm, except the center stem…

Close up.

Blueberry CBD looking great now she has gotten over the burn and going strong.

The G99 this is going to be a very bushy plant, still got a bit of nitrogen toxicity causing clawed leaves in places but I am hoping when she hits the stretch immanently, she will use it all up and level out more.

That’s it for now cheers for looking.

22 Likes

Looking Great in here as always,
I just added some Cherry candy flavoring to a 2oz dropper bottle of everclear tincture and now it goes down much easier.
taste good to, kinda like the old cough syrup with codeine we use to get as kids .

4 Likes

Send me some pics of your doggie man.

2 Likes

Let me get some thing good
But just to see, you are way to busy , I know where you are going LOL
Thanks

2 Likes

Hey The Doc said the bullet has moved down and may be able to get out.
I know something is going on , I was thinking clear as a Bell the past few weeks.

3 Likes

That blue berry cough looks like it’s gonna end really nice. Your SR was massive. Such a wide plant!!

Yeah save yourself the headache. The worst is pulling something down like that and having to trim it when you hate it haha

5 Likes

Yeah I didnt bother, I only trimmed up the Blue Heaven, the rest just got the stems run through my fingers and stripped everything in to a bag for oil :frowning: 12 weeks of flowering for a bunch of frosty trim really, waste of electric and better plants that could have gone in, but it was a learning experience.

Well dont over do it, if you haven’t been used to using your brain for a while, you might over tax yourself :joy:

6 Likes

LOL I was Thinking the same thing

3 Likes

Damn 600w HPS bulb died this morning, luckily I have the other light I can rob one from. Looks like there is a years warranty on the bulb and its only 11 months old, lets see if I can get a free replacement, probably have to send the old one in which will cost more than a replacement lol.

3 Likes