A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Chopped the Green Crack and the Mighty Grape although I still think I labelled them wrong, what should be the green crack has some purple in it and smells very fruity. I just looked a description for it at a seed bank and its looks like it is Green Crack.

Well here it is in all its not so glory, more like a frigging big mess lol. Great smell to it though so looking forward to trying it out got an early tester bud to try when its dried in the next few days.

Before Trim

close up of the trichs, about 25% amber on them at nearly 11 weeks from flip.

Trimmed and gutted, with the trimmers for scale. Hopefully get 2-3 ounces from this one buds are fairly dense.

Close up .

Mighty Grape.

Before trimming.

Close up bit out of focus :frowning:

Close up of the trichs but not focused well either , bloody camera has auto focus, If I get within a foot of the branch it cant handle it and lies, saying its focused. Very good trichs though, this one was about 40% amber.

Floor shot with trimmers for size. Hopefully get 2-3 ounces on this one as well.

My bucket of cleaning water after washing them, it was crystal clear before they went in it. Makes me wonder how much crap I have combusted and inhaled over my smoking weed life. I think most of the yellow is from the sulphur dust I put everywhere to kill of the mites.

Buds and looking and smelling fresh and tasty now dont think I will go back to not washing buds now.

10 Likes

Weedly Update.

In the clone cab things are moving along the 2 larg Orange Goji are now moved into the veg tent leaving the 8 Big Bang seedlings, 2 Orange Goji 3 GDP and a Sebs Rev in a pear tree lol. Christmas flash back.

Moved the cloner back in here on Monday, with some GR X WD, BNK and TER cuttings, hoping to get something out of this lot.

In the veg tent, the TER and GR X WD are out into the flower room. So now we have in here the 2 Orange Goji 2 different phenos, an Indica dominant and a Sativa dominant version now in 10 gal pots front and back right. Yesterday I re potted the TER into a 10 gal pot from a 2 gal pot, back left, and the Sebs Rev is front left.

On this side we have the BNK inthe little pot and the 2 Caramel candy Kushes which are probably growing an inch a day atm. I tried bending a stalk yesterday but it cracked, not badly but I am waiting now for them to dry out a bit more before I attempt it again, dont want to fuck them up. They are staying in here for another week maybe 2 if I top them for clones, and then will be going into flower.

In the Flower Room.

We have the messy corner, not so messy now as the Green crack is chopped and drying.

These 2 BNK are at week 9 front and 8 for the runty at the back, from flip.

Close up BNK bud.

Then we have the 2 newbies TER at the back which will have some branches pollinated with Paranoid Purple Paralyzer pollen, kindly donated by Left Hand Seeds, as well as some TER pollen. In front is the Ghost Ryder X White Diesel. I have been chasing what I though was either deficiencies or nute burn with this plant, I keep forgetting how strong these Bridgelux lights are and I am letting the plants grow to close and they got light burn. I need to hang some string from them like HardRock does to maintain the correct distance.

The last 2, TER left at 9 weeks from flip, I dont think she has any seeds from my pollination attempt with her, I think the low down buds were too immature when I did it. The Big BNK on the right is doing well at 9 weeks, I will be checking her trichs this week as well as the messy one.

Cheers for looking.

16 Likes

Hey buddy, do you have a link to a tutorial or guide you followed for washing your buds? I’ve seen this done before and always wondered about it.

Plants looking heavy!

3 Likes

BNK sure is nice. I might have to plant a couple of the beans I have. I get pissy about how many plants I have to constantly water/spray/babysit etc, but seeing your grow with so much going on makes me feel a bit better haha

3 Likes

Yeah it’s good and bad lol, one thing I noticed is when they flop over, the lower buds develop better. I prefer to see them standing up, if I attached yoyo strings to them I would probably end up getting tangled in the strings and tear branches off lol.

It pretty simple for the cleaning, 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1/4 cup baking soda, in a 5 gal bucket of water, dip and lift half a dozen times, then into a 5 gal bucket of water and dunk up and down again. Then repeat with more clean water for a second time, give them a little shake and hang upside down, so the water doesn’t collect in the little leaves and can run off. I just hung these ones on my drying rack instead of the washing line, as it was raining, they dried off in about 5 hours, to where they were before washing.

3 Likes

I followed this advice kindly given by Tinytuttle, used three buckets, the dose looks stronger and the remnant water scary … :sweat_smile:

Do you want to produce seeds? Thought you always breeded with mothers and clones. Looks you pretty recovered fast from some failures, hope those nasty bastards mites are gone for good … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yeah so do I George, I haven’t seen any evidence for a week now, but I am being optimistically cautious.

The 1/4 cup seems to work well, I may up the measurements next time see if it improves the cleaning.

Yeah I am starting to move away from clones now I have seeds in abundance, and struggling with getting cuttings to root up.

I want to create a strain and name it after my buddy who died a few weeks ago now also.

I think I just saw a UFO, been sitting on my deck and saw a round black dot flying just below the cloud base. No noise, no vapour trail. Very strange :thinking:

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss, it wii be a good way to remember him.

I managed to take some clones and put them in my seed starter. Surprisingly they all rooted and now I don’t have any place free for them :sweat_smile:, they will die from their unexpected success … :stuck_out_tongue:

Now with the low pollution one can see unexpected things. A friend of mine who lives in Madrid told me he could see Venus and the stars from his terrace, never before, maybe yours was a drone? :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Yeah not sure drones fly at the same altitude as commercial aircraft, 25,000 ft a plane came past flying through the clouds like the black dot, only the black dot was about the size of the aircrafts tail.

4 Likes

Could be! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just been out and checked the 3 BNK in the flower room, we have amber trichs, so they will be coming down 1 at a time over the next 3 days, stagger the drying process so I dont have to trim them all the same day. Tried to get some pics but this camera is getting worse for close up focusing, everything was blurred.

Stripped the 2 Caramel Candy Kush yesterday to the top 3-4 nodes and bent the taller branches they will be going into the flower room Sunday, give them a chance to recover from the stress.

I threw out all the cuttings in the cloner again they are just dying off. Broke the cloner all down and washed out and sterilized everything ran the pump for an hour with the bleach water and again with plain water. Its now full of very healthy CCK cuttings from the sucker branches I stripped off them. If these dont root up the cloner is going to be broken down and re purposed. I will just stick with seeds.

Going to check what my local grow buddies want from these Big Bang seedlings whatever is left I will use.

I need to start cracking some more beans as well, I think the Jedi Glue from Kobracom and the Dragons Blood Hash Plant from Mongobongo will be next up for the photo periods and some of Grease Monkeys Purple Kush autos to go in the veg tent.

5 Likes

Just curious about the cloner, how far from the water are the stems, and if you pull them out are the stems wet ? How much light is on the clones ?

2 Likes

For water they sit roughly 4 inches above the surface, and water is sprayed on the stems for 5 minutes every hour, they never seem to be dry. as for light they go into a slightly darker corner of the seedling clone cab which gets 70 watts out of the wall in sils. when I had them under the stairs they had 1 x 12w sill 3 ft above them, didn’t seem to make any difference.

I think all the spraying with safers end all and bleach water before the cuttings are taken is not helping either, as the moms dont look in good shape so this should be the perfect test so long as I can keep the water temps down.These CCK have had no spraying on them and are very vigorous atm.

3 Likes

Oh sorry, thought it was a bubble cloner. In my bubble sometimes I turn down the pump by accident then clones furthest from the airstones shrivel and die. Ones that are a bit long and sitting in the water do just fine. Wonder if more frequent or constant sprays would make any difference ?

3 Likes

I am wondering the same thing, the first time I ran it, I had the pump run for 10 minutes, I had about 98% success, the next time, I dropped it to 5 minutes they stayed just as wet, and around the same success rate. From 3 onwards it’s got gradually worse. This is about my seventh or eighth run with it. It gets cleaned and sanitized between each run. The only variables are RH, temps, mother plant health, and light when I moved it under the stairs, both places worked equally well, but with these new mothers it’s gone downhill.

I also am now putting 2 cuttings in one puck to improve my chances with numbers, Getting desperate :sob:

4 Likes

Chopped the 3 BNK down today, I was only going to do one, but thought may as well do the small one at the back as well. The first was good and I trimmed it all up.

Before trimming, branches all tangled in a mess.

Close up, nice trichs 25% amber.

On the floor with the trimmers. 2-3 oz dry I recon, buds are dense 3/4 way down, but lowers are a little fluffy.

I went to get the small one. when I pulled it out there were 2 branches hanging down the back which looked like they had mite damage on, so I chopped off the branch, and checked it under the scope, it was crawling with mites :frowning:

So it got WHOOOMMMFED with a half a pint of gas. I made my stomach turn to think about trying to trim it, I wasn’t going to risk bringing it in the house.

So I then wondered about the one I just trimmed and checked about half the buds with the scope, I couldn’t see anything mite wise so hung it on the washing line, as I decided to do the third one in case that had mites.

Checked it 75% of the buds could not see any damage or mites thankfully as its rather frosty, probably somewhere between 3-4 oz dry, maybe a bit more the buds are all rock hard. I have to watch them closely now they have almost no sugar leaves as they dry much quicker.

The clearest close up I could get in the sunshine and wind.

Hung this one on the washing line with the other and sprayed down with 1 liter water and 200 mil of 99% alcohol, just in case of any mites or eggs, I dont want any chances when I bring them in the house to dry, or jar them up and put them away, only to become a mite fest in a couple of months. I chose alcohol as it will evaporate off very quickly and any residue will come off when I wash them tomorrow, cant do any more today my back is really bugging me. Glad I didn’t water the pots before I decided to chop them lol.

I have checked the other plants where I see any damaged leaves, cant see any other evidence of mites atm, I am going to spray the flower room down again tomorrow, found some mites on the 2 of the GDP clones last night as I was tucking them up for the night, so they got a soaking in safers end all just before lights out, hoping it doesn’t burn them up. They are looking OK atm and are isolated from everything else, I was up to 1.30am last night checking all the other plants in the clone cab with the scope, everything else looks OK, starting to get paranoid now, any leaf damage, gets the leaf pulled and checked.

I think I may order some predatory mites or lady bugs for the clone cab and veg tent, I think lady bugs would be ok for the flower room but not the predatory mites they will get stuck on the buds like the spider mites :frowning:

15 Likes

Sorry to hear those fuckin’ bastards are still around :pensive:, better double check everything until they are finally dead and gone … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I know man its disheartening, but I am gradually whittling them down, they must have been egg remnants from the mother. I am now constantly looking lol.

4 Likes

Weedly Update.

Getting sick of waking up in the morning and seeing fresh snow on the ground, its supposed to be spring, the peeper frogs are back signing away, so it must be close.

In the clone cab, we have a cloner full of vigorous CCK cuttings for a test to se if my problems were just bad Moms, out on the lash every night lol. Dumped the little orange goji its still 6 inches tall after 6 or more weeks, these sativa phenos dont like my soil the seem to be just burning up all the time.

The 3 GDP clones and the Sebs Rev. Found some mite eggs and an immature nymph mite on the right side ones so I striped some leaves and branches out of it and sprayed them down last night again.

The 8 Big Bang and 1 OG checked them over, no mite problems but they are getting a bit P deficient in their little pots. I need to get some bigger throw away pots, they are not getting picked up until the 15th of June.

Cloner stuffed to the gunnels, fingers crossed some will root and I will have solved the problem.

In the Veg Tent.

Sebs Rev on the left and Orange Goji on the right, they are clear of mites atm. as far as ZI can tell with the scope.

So this week trimmed up the 2 CCK plants to just below the top 4 nodes, gave them a check for mites no sign of them on these, so they will be going into flower tomorrow, I broke a branch on one of them, lost 6 inches off the top :frowning:

Unfortunately the TER and OG that I potted up last week are gone, The TER had mites, and I am tired of spraying plants to no effect, so it got a viking funeral :wink: The OG has been sad for a while now, these sativa phenos dont like my soil, so I put it out of its misery, feeling a bit mercenary today lol.

In the Flower Room.

Its looking empty. TER in front GR X WD at the back

TER at 1 week now from flip. The other one got chopped today. Anotrher 3 -4 weeks and I will attempt another pollination but this time with the Paranoid Purple Paralyser Pollen.

The GR X WD 1 week from flip, looking a 1000 times better with the light raised up now. Having the light to close not only damaged the leaves, but created such tight node spacing the top 5 inches of every main branch is almost impenetrable with branches and leaves with a node every 1/2 inch. Hoping once they stretch more it will space out better.

Chopped the TER at 10 weeks 30% amber and the rest milky. Smells like exotic fruit, very heady, almost a rotting concentrated stink.

Before trim up, wide load, buds are not thick but very dense and heavy, lots of trichs.

Pre trim close up.

Another.

These are the branches I tried to pollinate with the TER pollen, I dont think it was successful, I will chop them of anyway and dry them, and see.

After trimming. Easier to see whats there.

Close up.

On the floor with the trimmers.

18 Likes

You’re still getting snow??? We were around 27 today lol

4 Likes