A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Today I had a rummage in the buds I tried to pollinate, it was not a total failure I have one, and its a good seed, at least it replaces half the plants involved lol.

I am going to make sure the next one gets more mature buds pollinated with the Purple Paranoid Paralyzer pollen.

5 Likes

Hey, you should stop reading Mr. Sparkle’s thread, you’re becoming a serial killer frech|nullxnull, I would do a viking funeral to everything suspected to have the Borg, there’s no way to know it there are hidden remnant eggs somewhere, hope you will finally get rid of them, your cloner begins a new life and fills again your tents, keep safe … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I did another check on any suspect leaves on all my plants again to day, looking good atm, cant see any eggs or nymphs, haven’t seen an adult in 10 days, so optimistically cautious buddy. Just sprayed them all with some LABs as the RH is climbing along with the ambient temps. With the few plants I now have in each room I dont think PM will be a problem, but I am not going to wait for it to possibly show up.

I have 5X 10 gal and 3X 5 gal pots sitting outside atm, they all got the alfalfa chopped off level with the soil so there was no place for mites to hide, that’s starting to grow back now surprisingly, and I have added white clover to them. Another week and 3 might get some of Grease Monkeys, Purple Kush autos installed for growing in the Veg tent. Just need to increase the light from 18/6 to 20/4 slowly so as not to confuse the Orange Goji and Sebs Rev, vegging in there atm.

Still got no roots on the clones.after 9 days now. Took the dome off the cloner yesterday to see it that would speed things up, nothing has wilted so the RH in the cab must be high. Might be making them not bother making roots, if they atre getting plenty of moisture from the leaves.

4 Likes

Late Weedly Update.

Long weekend lost track of what day it is, being retired is hard on the memory.lol.

So this week in the clone cab.I re potted all the plants from 10oz cups to 16oz cups, not much difference but enough to keep the soil moist longer and a bit more food until they go out to their new owners on the 7th of June, and hopefully no more frosts.

The big bang are starting to gain some good size now, moved the 2 lanky ones to the back next to the Sebs Rev. My buddy should be picking that up soon, says he has a 30 to 1 CBD plant for me he just started growing. So that will be interesting to compare, cant remember what he called it atm lol.

The clones in the cloner, I have had the dome off for 4 days now, there are a couple with crispy tops, so I put it back on this morning, still no roots bumps starting on any, close to 2 weeks now I think :frowning: They look good otherwise. The 2 cuts in a pot of water, to see if that’s any better, but they are the same.

In the Veg tent, we have the Sebs Rev left and Orang Goji right, they got some more bending this week, and are just starting to pick up speed after their transplant last week. Dialed the timer up 30 minutes to 18.5/5.5 this week, so as not to stress them, for when the autos go in at 20/4. The alfalfa is coming into flower now with little purple flowers.

In the Flower Room.

We are at 2 weeks for the TER at the back and GRXWD at the front with their little pre flowers starting.

The 2 Caramel Candy Kush, at week 1, side view, are looking good, all the 10 gal pots got new bags as the others had leaked badly last watering, on my nice clean floor. :frowning:

Made some CBD RSO during the week out of the last Sebs Rev plant that re vegged halfway through flowering. I made 22gms from it in total which was 4 grams more than the last one :slight_smile: Next up I will be doing a THC run, My last lot was GDP but I am going to do a mix of GDP and Hog this time, 50g each for making gummies with. That was all blended and frozen Friday, going to mix in the alcohol today and let it sit in the freezer another 24 hours and extract tomorrow.

14 Likes

I am halfway through a freebie bottle of Microbial mass from Aqua Terra, one of our sponsors. Haven’t used it the last couple of weeks, it got moved out of sight, cleaning my area up. I just thought wonder if it would make a good tea, so got a fresh 5 gals of rain water, put a heaped table spoon of molasses in and stirred it up, added 2 teaspoons of Microbial mass 45 minutes ago, just walked past and its gone mad. It would normally take 24 hours to get like this in other teas I make.

14 Likes

Beautiful sunny day in Nova Scotia today, its gone from cold and damp to hot and sunny in less than a week had to put my shorts and sandals on today, and a sweat band for trimming the the plants in the sun, I hate getting sweat in my eyes stings like fuck.

Just had the flower plants on parade, for inspection :frowning:

The TER had 2 leaves with mite damage, found 1 adult no eggs. So it got a big defoliation as it was very bushy. Couldnt see anything on the GRXWD but did the same to her as well. Not taking chances, so I sprayed them both down with a 10% alcohol and water solution afterwards, hoping that will stop a re occurrence but will be spraying every week now. Could not find any problems on the 2 CCK except a bit of nute burn starting, after the Bio Mass tea that went in 2 days ago. If I make another tea using Bio Mass I will time it better, I wasn’t expecting it to develop as much bacteria in the time it did.

Finally got some roots starting on some of the cuttings in the cloner, 3 so far but I haven’t pulled them all out to check properly yet.

4 Likes

Weedly Update.

Well another lovely sunny day but its back to being cold again, frosts the last 2 nights and another coming tonight.

The Clone cab is filling up quickly now. No mite damage on any of these now for 3 weeks and spot checks with the scope show nothing, so looks like the cab is mite free now, but I will still be checking.

These 2 big Bang are stretchy little mofos, I topped them last week, but they are still refusing to engage side branching. So I wired them over, a little tricky in these 16 oz cups, so we will see if they still want to ignore my wishes lol.

The rest of the Big bang and Orange Goji, 3 GDP and a Sebs Rev at the back. I need to get hold of my buddy to collect it, tired of looking at it lol.

In the cloner some doing better than others, some have roots yay, I will be thinning the herd this week, anything that looks exhausted with no roots will be out the door.

Just starting to root

This one is further along.

This one is even better, another week and they can go into soil, need to check the rest properly, only looked at 5 so far.

In the Veg tent, the Orange Goji on the right, has straightened up so she will be getting wired down later, its a constant battle of wills and bending branches. The Sebs Rev on the left, is better behaved and does as asked lol, she got all her branches topped this week. Another 2 weeks and they can both go into flower. No mites found on these since I burned the TER, so looks like the veg tent is clear once its been emptied and no new mites found in the clone cab, I will have another wash down and disinfect. Then it will be auto time.

In the Flower Room.

CCK are starting to stretch getting a little wind burn here and there from the fans, but its better than giving mites the opportunity to breed. They are starting to stack up well at the end of week 2, starting to get very bushy, so I may have to do a light defoliation. I dont like doing it whilst they are stretching, but we will see how it goes.

The TER now at 3 weeks, on the left, seems to be OK, after her massive defoliation, she is praying, but with the mite I found on her I want to keep breeding opportunity to a minimum, until chop time, going to be pollinating her in the next week or 2, I want those buds a bit bigger than my last attempt that failed.

The Ghost RyderX White Diesel at 3 weeks, got the same treatment just in case and she looks like she handled it OK as well.

Thanks for looking.

11 Likes

I’ve thrown them in dirt with alot less roots than what you’re showing there, Shadey.

1 Like

I see you have them ghostriders x white diesel going, how do you like so far?

Yeah so have I, and they died lol. Your skills are better than mine :slight_smile:

I am being over cautious atm I know, they are more an experiment to see where my cloning problems were at.

I have found when they get potted up with little roots they still seem to need the humidity dome and more care, more than when in the cloner, and that’s the period where I usually lose them, between the cloner and going into soil with roots. Probably my fault for paying less attention to them.

I dont have room in there for another dome, until I can get shot of the Big Bang to my out door growing buddies. I guess with all the room I have in the veg tent, I could put a small table in there and stand them on it to free up some space.

Thanks for making me think about it, always options when you sit and think a problem through.

As I am now getting some, with roots actually developing again, I want to increase their survival chances with bigger roots, but its working out how much root development, to how much energy they have left to survive. I tried misting the previous lot with a low N.P.K mix to help with that, which is maybe why they didn’t bother to produce roots, getting well fed without them.

I have one of each plant now, so which ever is the best will be kept as a mom, provided they survive. Then I will either give the rest away or maybe flower out a couple more if they are nice, I like to run at least 3 grows, 2 grows being cloned of a strain, to give them the best chance to show off what they got. As Painted Fires last 2 strains have been amazing for me, I will probably be wanting to do more of these as well.

Just the one and it got light burned, but its starting to look good atm, seems pretty stress proof a little slow on growth speed but that may be my fault not realizing they were getting light burn thinking it was a dificiency, smels good though.

4 Likes

Perseverance, you’ll get there, brother

1 Like

Hey Shades,
It seems like you’ve tried almost everything to get rid of the invaders in your garden. But I was wondering if you gave the diatomaceous earth a shot? It’s organic, pet and people friendly, it’s kinda messy, but fuxk is it effective.
Like $10 at Home DePot.

2 Likes

Thanks Tappy I do have some, used it on the soil to try and get rid of the fungus gnat problem I had. Never thought of using it for mites on the leaves. I will have an experiment if I find any more mites, cheers man.

Just spent 40 minutes messing with the veg tent moving the plants out the cloner and lowering the light. I switched the light off a couple of weeks ago when I moved the CCK out to flower. Just plugged the driver back in and nada, not a flicker of light, tried the light on the other driver and it works fine, so has to be the driver. Took the plugs off each end and re did them, still nothing :frowning:

It must of died some how when I unplugged it 2 weeks ago. Well at least I found out before I started the autos, that would have been a real pain. I will have to get one of the home made lights back in there temporarily, and see what is required for returning it, I think it was 3 months ago I got it. probably be cheaper replacing it than shipping it back.

2 Likes

Well I am glad I got this driver through Digikey, 2 minutes in chat with customer service and I have one arriving on Wednesday and I dont have to send the old one back. Thats great service, they will keep my custom.

5 Likes

Damn that’s two drivers I’ve heard of issues with now. Well to be fair, they are alot cheaper than the HLG series so there must be some compromises made somewhere. Glad to hear Digikey is covering it, they really go the extra mile huh.

3 Likes

Yeah I was surprised I didn’t have to send it back, it may have been my fault I had the two of them side by side touching each other, it was quite warm when I took it off the top of the clone cab, and why I messed with the light for 10 minutes checking the connection’s on it, as I thought it was working. Then I thought plug the light into the working driver to test it lol.

It worked fine on that one. They were also sitting on plywood which doesn’t dissapate heat well, so I think it may have over heated.

1 Like

How strong have you been mixing the microbial mass… it spills everytime I try to measure it so I’ve just started putting a splash in my jug lol

2 Likes

0.5 of a mil per litre, draw out with a 10 mil syringe. Have you noticed any benefits with it. The way it went when I used it like a tea, the bacteria must be very healthy as they multiply extremely fast. As I use LABs anyway, I cant see much difference in growth rates to be honest. I haven’t exactly done a proper test though, with different plants getting it and others not.

Maybe I will do a comparison on the CCK clones, home made against Microbial mass. I would say its definitely more powerful when compared to volume used though. Might try and propagate it with some molasses like I do the home made LABs.

2 Likes

I dont have enough experience or room/patience to do a side by side comparison. They ain’t dead, so that’s a good sign

3 Likes