A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Its getting warm outside fast now, the clone cab has been sat at 81F all day, the veg tent is better at 75F but I got my replacement light driver from Digikey today, so I just moved all my clones and seedlings in there, heat will probably increase in there now as well.

All the Big Bang seedlings, GDP and OG. These big bang are bastards to get lower branches to grow, they have all been topped the 2 that were topped and then wired over are still refusing to cooperate.

CCK clones from the cloner, removed these Monday and potted them up, 3 look like they will make it the other 3 look pretty ropey. I slung 5 out the window, and have about 8 left. These are all from 1 plant except 1 of them. They seem to do better when the stems are split at the bottom.

I moved the drivers out of the Flower room as well as that has been at 83F most the day.

9 Likes

Weedly Update.

Well temps are up and down at the moment, but the nights are frost free now, got rid of all the Big Bang and the 2 GDP plants. Its the emptiest I have seen my grow in a while now.

All that’s left of the clones and seedlings in the solos, and now its just the Sebs Rev, as I potted up the GDP in a 4 liter pot and the Orange Gogi which is looking a bit sad, it got over watered. after it dried out too much, on Thursday when the temps shot up to 28C ambient.

The cuttings in the cloner mostly the #1 plant in the green pucks, 3 are just starting to root now and one has some decent length roots. so I should get some of both plants now, hopefully.

In the empty Veg Tent just the clones I potted up last Monday. Sebs Rev in front and Orange Goji at the back, never got round to wiring it down this week, been busy outside with the nicer weather, maybe this week.

The new caramel Candy Kush clones, bit out of focus had a bad hand tremor start just as I hit the button. Well 5 of the six survived, the one that snuffed it, was a #1 green puck cutting. The humidity dome came off yesterday.

In the Flower Room.

These girls are certainly liking the warmer weather, The 2 CCK grew about 6 inches this week, had to raise the light twice. They got a light defoliation this week, every day I went in, I took some internal leaves out for better airflow. Found a bit of PM developing on the inside leaves, mainly with big day temp swings, and big differences in day night temps, causing a lot of humidity. So I raised the night temps to 72F to keep it closer to the 82F days when its hot. Buds are stacking good and are over taking the other 2 for size already and they are 1 week behind at 3 weeks from flip now.

The TER at the back and GRXWD front at 4 weeks from flip, got there act together now and have been praying all week. I will be attempting my second pollination on the TER with the Paranoid Purple Paralyzer Pollen, this week as well as some pollen from the Harry Potter under the stairs TER male I had.

Cheers for looking.

19 Likes

Are those fabric pots inside plastic bags?

4 Likes

Yeah, I know it kind of defeats the object of using a cloth pot, but I got sick of mopping up the floor after watering. I refuse to pay over $30 each for a plastic bowl big enough to sit a pot in. All my 10 gal pots have had bags on for a year now, they were black bags so you probably didn’t notice.

6 Likes

Haha if it works it works I was just curious

3 Likes

Hey Shadey how old is your soil ?
CCK from Dynasty?
Your plants looks very healthy

2 Likes

Hi Ras thanks for dropping by and the complement, it’s not a Dynasty CCK, but I do have some of them also, I will be growing soon. It’s another grower’s here, Painted Fire🔥 version he also gave me the Dynasty version, these were at the top of the package, so I am working my way down the 5 strains he sent me.

The soil is just coming up for 22 months old now.

Are you growing no till yourself?

6 Likes

My Outdoor soil is 3 years old now
I mainly Grow outdoor
But I grew indoor for longtime with a mix of different composted manure and just water from a stream with awsome result
Today i can not Grow indoor for different reason…

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that you cant grow inside anymore, kind of limits your growing time :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah but its my way and i love it
I was tired of consuming non renewable energy for some plant

2 Likes

@Shadey was the bottle of microbial mass Concentrated?

2 Likes

Weedly Update.

Ambient temps are still going up and down in big jumps atm, I still have not replaced my big extraction fan in the veg tent yet, just running on a re purposed humidifier fan instead, trying to save money. DRizzle rain for the last 3 days pushing up the RH as well.

So in the clone cab, I took out the cloner, removed the last 2 cuttings potted one up that had a small root and chucked the other one. Not sure if the potted up one will survive but I will give it the chance. I also chucked out the Sebs rev that I was growing for another buddy, I could not take the chance with all my mite problems of giving them to him, even though I couldn’t see any problems, so will be starting another one soon, when I know I am clear of them.

Newly potted clone and 4 peat pucks with Grease Monkeys Purple Kush autos, they were seeded on Thursday, after my buddy said he was ready for them, the one on the left was above ground after 48 hours, the other appeared this morning, still waiting on the other 2, germinating another 3, just as a back up, in case these last 2 dont hatch.

Five CCK clones starting to grow, one did not make it and was chucked out yesterday.

In the almost empty Veg tent. Got rid of the Sebs Rev this week, found more mites and eggs on 5 leaves, so chucked it out, the Orange Goji is looking good mainly because I stripped 90% of its leaves off and have been spraying every couple of days, just in case anything remains.
Orange Goji, got round to wiring it down as it was starting to get a bit of light burn, as well as Nitrogen toxicity, probably from haveing to expirate through only a dozen leaves after being stripped down to this on Monday.

After defoliation. at the top.

After 5 days back to this.

Orange Goji on the left getting a bit of wind burn and Grand daddy purple on the right fairing a bit better, having the fan a bit closer to deter the mites moving around and breeding. Once these are out I think I will shut this tent down for an extreme sanitation. It seems to be the epicentre for the mite problem.

In the Flower Room.
CCK at 4 weeks, still stretching, I am still taking the odd leaf here and there out from the middle of the plant for better airflow and light penetration, had to raise the light another 5 inches this week, apart from wind burn they are looking really nice and stacking well. Starting to get stinky in here :slight_smile:

The White Diesel X Ghost Rider at the back now, and the Tranquil Elephantizer Remix at the front, both at 5 weeks.

the Tranquil Elephantizer Remix got pollinated with Paranoid Purple Paralyzer pollen on a these branches, this Wednesday gone, the pistils are browning up, I may give them some more pollen tomorrow again to make sure. I also pollinated a branch on the other side, with the Tranquil Elephantizer Remix pollen as well.

Thanks for looking.

12 Likes

Yes it is the concentrate version.

2 Likes

If you like it that’s good, I fully understand the not liking the electricity use though, that’s why I swapped to LEDs, my bill has dropped considerably this year so far :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Last night I found more mites and eggs on a couple of leaves on the Orange Gogi in veg, so I removed them and sprayed the plant with safers end all, and gently rubbed all the leaves with my fingers to make sure it was making contact. This morning I found more mites and they were still alive, so they must be resistant to the safers.

So I thought fuck it, chopped her down and threw out all the CCK clones as well just in case. So now I just have the PK auto seedlings which are going out Saturday to my buddy for his outdoor grow. The GDP which is still clear after a thorough check, and the other OG seedling which looks clear, but had a mite egg on it last week, has gone out on the deck just in case. I might grow it outside just to see if I can actually sample some Orange Goji bud.

The veg tent is shut down and I will be wiping it everywhere with lysol wipes and steaming the inside and everything in there. Then I will move the pots that have been sitting out side, in there, and get some predatory mites, and release them in there in a few weeks as well as in the clone cab and the flower room. I hope this resolves the problem, its doing my head in.

6 Likes

my friend I feel your pain :frowning:

good luck

Dequilo

2 Likes

This nightmare is lasting too long :sweat:, hope with that deep cleaning they will be gone for good. I don’t know if it is safe to bring back indoors something that has been out, that.was the Trojan Horse in my case, never more! :sweat: Good luck … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If it were me I’d spray the whole thing down, equipment and all.
Including wires coming in or out with iso but that’s me or bleach

4 Likes

I would go nuclear on the empty area myself. If you can stay out of there bomb it, maybe use a No Pest Strip. I know these are harmful chemicals, but used correctly they can be a lifesaver.

EDIT: do you know how they got in there to begin with? Look for the source and treat that as well.

5 Likes

Yeah it will be staying outside lol, going to plant it in a 5 gal bucket, so I can move it late August into my garden shed, to kick start the 12/12 early.

Yep I have all my empty plastic pots soaking in 25% bleach and water atm, thinking I might empty all the soil out my cloth pots onto a tarp and soak them as well. I will be doing everything.

I was looking at those on Amazon when I was looking for the predatory mites, After the lysol and steam I an going to bomb it with DE leave it for a week, and then vacuum it out. Then go for the predator mites when the pots go back in just in case there are any hiding in the soil.

No not sure, I got 2 Blueberry Cough clones from Trippy Hippy late last year, one had no problems but the other one, was the plant that had them first. I checked them when I got them home, could not see anything, but sprayed them with safers end all, just in case, and kept them separate for 2 weeks. That plant was 10 weeks old before it went into flower and I didnt see the mites until another 4 weeks later.

My Veg tent and clone cab, are in a room that the back door goes out into the back yard, the dogs and cat are in and out all day as well as everyone else in the house. So they could have got in that way.

Post 1000 :slight_smile:

6 Likes