A word about censorship

11 Likes

We are probably talking about apples and oranges here. Any debate about growing methods are not an issue and science behind GROWING is always evolving. I will go out on a bit of a limb on thinking the ā€œscienceā€ has nothing to do with growing in this reference. I said it and Iā€™m done on this letting any kind of political discussions be it red vs blue, weather, bud light, or a laundry list of many cultural issues being hot topic fodder that will only cause issues here. Some will use benign topics not grow related as a Trojan horse to leverage it into their pet social justice warrior cause.

1 Like

And when they do, the mods take action. What are we driving at here? The rest of us can not enjoy ourselves with civil conversations about other topics because of a few bad actors?

8 Likes

Yeah I have to agree. Iā€™m in a thread about chickens. Hahaha. And not one time has anything gotten uglyā€¦no weed pics just chickens. We can act like adults every once in a while

7 Likes

I didnā€™t get that one either. We appreciate you toasty. Youā€™re honest.

2 Likes

Truth!

Just to be off topic in a thread, hereā€™s Barb (short for Barbecue) striking a very judgy pose.

14 Likes

It is funny most times real peer reviewed science agrees with the boron guy. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

You are kind of twistin words, and missing many pointsā€¦
They are NOT saying to remove all catagoris not pot-themedā€¦because many, like music, art, food, etcā€¦are directly affected bythe use of pot- and/or the experience of a good high influenced by your activities and sensory input.
THOSE are NOT the same as Politics, religion and ā€˜anti-this-that-and-the other thingā€™ā€™ rants against certain groups of people someone seeā€™s as a threat to their way of thinking or way of life.
YES- rants about laws and groups directly connected to growing/legalization are supposed to happen here, and MAY get heated-- but are NOT the same as people ranting against political figures/groups, religions, incomes, races of people, LGBTQ etcā€¦
.THOSE are what are a NO-NO.
If you wouldnā€™t (or shouldnā€™t, but are too dumb to know better) Start the argument with a group of strangers of all ages. races, etcā€¦ in person- then donā€™t do it here.
THAT was the pont.

12 Likes

Interestingly, I donā€™t recall ever seeing this before -

Iā€™m not really sure I understand exactly what that means. Clearly it does not mean individual posts by different OGs must be 4 hours apart. Iā€™m going to do something people often say not to do - I am going to assume it means a particular individual must wait 4 hours between post, or something else Iā€™m just not seeing?

I will attempt to make a second post immediately after posting this one. You will hear back because I want to know. Itā€™s obviously all about me! :rofl:

Update - I was correct.

8 Likes

Itā€™s in slow mode and has been for a couple days now for everyone to keep from going sideways but seemingly weā€™re all kinds of off topic in some posts lol

But yesā€¦users can only post once every 4 hours, so if you post now, you have to wait 4hrs to post in here again but I can post immediately after you but then I have to wait 4hrs to post again as well

It got me too lol

5 Likes

Phew itā€™s a good thing they slowed Jake down he was getting out of control!

I canā€™t believe the abusive boron sock puppet master is being defended (not by jake). It boggles the mind.

8 Likes

Itā€™s everyone. I havenā€™t posted at all yet in this thread and I have the notice Its not punitive for certain ā€œbad kidsā€ weā€™re all in 4 hour time out.

3 Likes

But Iā€™m a mod so the cooldown doesnā€™t apply :wink:

But yeaā€¦ someone coming in and calling everyone idiots and flaming people for the way they grow simply because it doesnā€™t fit westcoastcroppers, or whatever name they are lurking around as now, view of how things should be doneā€¦

I agree that calmag is a little overused and overstated constantly, but no need to be a boron butthole and type one gigantic post calling themselves a grow God and above all the lesser mortals that use calmag and similar ā€œfixesā€ and then just stop talking.

Not saying they donā€™t have great points, they just state them in such a passive agressive way that causes arguments and then the threads get out of hand and yada yadaā€¦

Itā€™s not all about Boron and molybdenum and sulfur and ā€¦etc lol

Seriously thoughā€¦ f*ck boron haha

11 Likes

See what I mean? Iā€™m not even talking science, and youā€™re already belittling me because I mentioned it. Thatā€™s sort of what I meant in the second paragraph.

1 Like

I wish this would happen in a few other topics. Counted 73 posts within 5 minutes that had nothing what so ever to do with the topic. It should/would make it easier to follow. :confused:

6 Likes

Whatever, Iā€™m not going to discuss rules with you.
Rules are rules, and should be the same for everyone.

If you are favorable to some topics off weed, all right I never said you shouldnā€™t, I am not twisting anything.

You are twisting right and wrong and confusing with popularity, so if most would like child abuse it would be ok? Come on, I think you can do better than that and with less capitals on the text.

But you write as you wish, not my concern.

The point is the point, censorship and we have that everyday, no one speaks freely or will be judged by others and labeled as something.

In a dumb way, I started a post and got the best of it, learned a lot and most important, I changed about that subject because I was educated by someone from a different culture and with a different background.

So I donā€™t regret to write on OG as a understanding comunity about a exestencial problem that was grinding my gears, and I also made a friend, probably got the best of it.

And you? You share your concerns freely? Or you choose the words to express yourself in a way that you canā€™t be judged and aim at the weaker link in order to sucess?

Yeah, because I sure feel a weak link being told that I manipulate words and being a new member with small suportā€¦ Sure itā€™s not important.

Important should be how honest are the players?
I have been a honest player, the words are there I just read them and thought about some nice posts I follow and used it as an example of how dynamic rules should be enforced.

Sure now I know the OG limitations, some lines canā€™t be crossed, like hamburger, if an elderly Indian OG comes start complaining how cows are sacred and stuff like that and sure I am aware of that but where actually is the line between aceptable or not?

(Apologies in advance to all OG India members, I am aware of your culture, and you also should be aware of mine, I just used it as an example, nothing racial or personal)

In fact I am not surprised with latest shooting rampages we have seen on TV, when you are lost and no one ear you and you affraid to talk because you will be judged, all that is left is rage to share with others.

But not leaving the point of this message that is to tell you that I am disappointed with your answer to me, we may not agree with everything but we can agree to keep it in a civil and educated way, thatā€™s my point.

2 Likes

Wowā€¦really?
THIS is EXACTLY what the Mods and Joe are talking about-- and even what I stated-- if you have issue with someone- take it to THEM or the Mods Privately-- not rant on the boards because you took offence at someoneā€™s choice of words, or canā€™t handle people calling you out when you took what they said and misrepresented it.
So now-- personal attacks? Really?
And yeahā€“ask anyone hereā€“I state my concerns-- but I ALSO usually do so in private because THIS kind of shit DONā€™T BELONG HERE ON THE BOARDS!

3 Likes

I may very well be someone who posted at least one of those 73, and for that I apologize. I admit it, I got caught up in the moment and wasnā€™t thinking about the threadā€™s actual topic. My bad. On the other hand, it has focused my mind on keeping whatever the topic is in mind.

I totally agree.

4 Likes

i am timed out of editing a post somewhere so i guess ill just leave that inaccurate information up lol

1 Like

Thank you to LJ and the Mods.
One thing some are forgetting, 23 years ago, when OG came on line, from out of the newsgroups, if I remember correctly, the internet was the wild west, so to speak.
It was as if cavemen, could finally connect with each other.
The problem, it was all bash talk, bash replies, everyone came here, with fists up ready to fight, CAVEMAN era, if you will.
We NEEDED the Shark Tank, it HAD to be here, to try an gather up some type of house control, getting some sense, of this new thing, this message board, as it was, this place was just Fight Club!
Threads on how steal electricity, how to steal lights, all of this popped up, and had a time on the boards, until Shabang and company, had to do something. Yes, they deleted those.
Was that ending freedom? Was freedom doomed, nah.
Iā€™m THRILLED with the changes, myself.
I came here, to grow weed.
The most free cannabis website is PlanteGanja. Some of the sharpest minds Iā€™ve ever run into, are there. In the Political threads, lots of discussions, lots of bantering back and forth. I learned a lot from them. Well for 20 -30 active members still there.
Then much of that site is just crickets chirping.
This site, has come back, and ok itā€™s different than what it was, and Iā€™m glad for if. We are in a different time of the internet.
We do not need more wild west, but go embrace it if you want to, to me that is freedom.
Thanks Lemonade Joe and tribe.

4 Likes