A word about censorship

To quote the great Roman Roy.
“discord makes my **** hard”

Honestly I tried discord “once” 20 mins of my life I’m never getting back.

3 Likes

Calling out individuals because they ‘got away with’’ something that you got called on not only rude and wrong, but IMO pretty f-ing immature…
If you don’t like the rules, you shouldn’t have joined…period.
There’s always Rollitup or about a dozen other forums you could have joined… Your FREEDOM is to frequent the one that best suits your needs…not to try to impose YOUR NEEDS on hundreds of other members that also agreed to the same rules.
And if your NEEDS are to stir the pot, bitch about rules, and whine every single time someone says or does something you do not agree with–or gets something you didn’t…or ‘‘get’s away with’’ something… and YOU aren’t adult enough to discuss it civilly and in private with the Mods instead of turning it into a huge public argument, THIS is probably NOT the place for you!

25 Likes

I don’t think I have ever heard you be so opinionated. I like it. :100:

7 Likes

@ColeLennon LOL-- I’m having a ‘Mom’’ Day… :scream: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :exploding_head:

10 Likes

I was going to make some witty comment to that affect. I won’t though. :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s ok…I’d deserve it!

But if I have to deal with any more rude, entitled, bitchy tourists…

Duck season-Wabbit season…TOURIST Season!
elmer season

5 Likes

Very nice. I like it

4 Likes

Clean and concise. Thank you very much, @Lady.Zandra63.

5 Likes

Thank You for stating this the obvious for those that can’t comprehend Lady! You go girl.

:green_heart: :seedling:

9 Likes

Not paid hun…brainwashed …either side…
Anyone that just repeats shit and refused to see or hear facts or proofs against their POV has problems beyond politics

9 Likes

I appreciate this. I turned off pm and left the site for about a year after unwanted antisemitic messages from trolls, one was named scissor-hans (so subtle). I’m glad you guys have decided to moderate and get rid of the politics that were poisoning this site. There are a few voices I could do without still but the trolling is at a minimum now. Some people have to beat you over the head with it. It reminds me of crazy people screaming on street corners. Couldn’t have less to do with weed and the site is either for everyone, or it’s a playground for Nazis and other bullies. People should be afraid to bring up anything political or else be banned. Let the ban hammers rain!

10 Likes

Much love @Lady.Zandra63 :v:

That feels a little harsh. How about we just all try to get along? I get there is no place here for the things you speak of but still, I have been here for a while now and have not seen the nazis and bullies you describe. Perhaps I have been lucky, but I would suggest if you run across this to reach out to the MODS. They are very good at what they do.

9 Likes

It is just a silly idea, sometimes we face our destiny on the path we choose to avoid it, like lets ignore all the trolls and keep them appart and let their anger grow.

I will always think that if 2 civilized people can discuss a subject 3 things can happen: both remain with their opinion, one change the opinion or both change where they stand for.

Despite the original concept of legalization I think OG is more a growers community, we have topics on mushrooms and other drugs, but in the end the goal is to have so many growers that cannabis is legalized by default.

I don’t think clicking on mute can solve a problem, usually just aggravate over time and we can be sending away nice users for small unrelated things that usual are personal like your sexual orientation, or political orientation those little things are away from what bring us together still part of the equation.

Anyway you are free to stand for what you belive as long as no rules are broken and civism and respect rule the posts.

But if rules are rules and this is about cannabis we would need to remove so many good posts, like non political things - that are political but still a very enjoyable, like a meme feed there and I love it but also the mushrooms, spores, etc.

So maybe the answer is what it have been so far, rules enforced with some slack, because I might like a hamburger but the indians OGs may find it offensive, this place is what our planet should be, all cultures toguether in one place in peace, well done OG.

1 Like

I have a different thought about this.
I mean, here friendship and camadería are not really true. If it were, then could be free speech.
Here are an artificial friendship created based on limiting or censoring divisive thoughts.
I don’t want a real world like that. Perhaps here it works, or is forced to work.

Here we are all friends with the cannabis. That is what all have in common.

I would like to know how many people here could stay being friends if having one in front of another speaking freely. Probably not much people is still able to accept friendship with people they diverge.
I can, one of my best friends is full of things that I don’t like, but I think that is friendship about, knowing another one faults and accept them as is.
What I can’t stand off is people that are always giving shit and don’t talk to the face. Toxic people.

Big true. I think that debating have the power to grow us as persons. But for achieving that people must be open minded and not closed to only his/her toughts.

Somebody tell me that “Code” is inflexible, but “laws” can be interpreted. (sorry, this is missed in translation)

I don’t know how many people has to flag a post/thread to be censored, but perhaps censoring it by only one or two persons having discrepancies or flagging it is not very flexible. (I don’t really know how it is modered based on flagging so I’m talking on suppositions)

3 Likes

Thank you for addressing that @toastyjakes.

I started a thread on Artificial Intelligence just because the recent developments interested me. Many members shared their perspective and I thought the conversation was worth having.

But afterwards I wondered if a subject so unrelated to cannabis was misplaced on Overgrow. I have gotten to know a few of the folks here and I really wanted to hear what they thought on the subject, but it could easily have veered off into some form of partisan ranting.

Where is the line drawn on that kind of topic?

Respectfully,
-Grouchy

7 Likes

that’s half a century, like me at 53. i like your attitude. have a great day.

1 Like

I suspect most of the stuff that gets flagged and dealt with by moderators is pretty clear-cut political talk, or off-topic banter. It seems to me that most of us manage to exhibit some self-control, and pause before we post something that delves into partisan politics or is off-topic.

The off-topic bit can be annoying sometimes, but it isn’t necessarily divisive. The partisan political talk that people sometimes engage in is divisive and doesn’t further comradery amongst everyone. I’m sorry to say this, but sometimes when people post political opinions I can’t help but judge them. You would probably judge me if I posted my opinions too. I definitely have them, I just try to shut up about them.

As a community, we have one major thing in common - cannabis propagation and cultivation.

Regardless, we can debate all we want, but when it comes down to it Lemonade Joe gets to make the rules. If we all try to control ourselves and stay on topic there won’t be much need for flagging and removing of posts (I sincerely doubt there are many people who get banned for these minor transgressions).

PS: If anyone is receiving abusive messages or is being harassed because of their background, definitely say something. No doubt the admin and mods will have your back, and I’m sure a lot of users as well. There’s room for people of different viewpoints, but some things are not okay.

8 Likes

I’m new here and I don’t know what happened with these nazis and bullies that raided this site in the past, someone above mentioned it above that it was happening.That type of behaviour is definitely uncalled for and just wrong.If people were being anti Semitic that is grounds for dismissal on a permanent basis but to be perma banned for simply talking about politics sounds a little harsh and ironically is very Nazi like. I hate talking politics and I’m glad they will close or delete threads to clean up the site but to ban people for talking politics seems a little weird and Nazi like to me.

2 Likes

Here we go again lol

The most nazi jew anyone will ever meet, that’s me

9 Likes

That guy messaged me as well. I told him to put hyphens in between all the insults so I could properly appreciate them. Never heard from him again!

7 Likes