A word about censorship

It’s a private joke and completely off topic. Its all good. :slightly_smiling_face: If it wasn’t for facetiousness and sarcasm I would never have anything to say.

6 Likes

If you think that is what I am saying here, you are way off base. :wink:

1 Like

9d42db39-8f4c-47c2-86a2-dab9bc017532_text
theres gotta be an admin/mod with a mean right hook :rofl: only kidding

1 Like

I’m opposed to having to read through one 1000-word post in order to say something facetious. :rofl:

3 Likes

It was not humor over lubricant that caused that thread to be closed IMO. It was the fact that a couple members turned a negative feedback thread into a chat thread and drove it completely off topic as far as I can tell. It became the raunchy humor thread. The negative feedback thread had 6 posts its first 4 years and a total of 19 posts after 7 years. Then someone made a post about Dr.Gonzo and the thread saw almost 500 more posts, most of which had nothing to do with negative feedback on trades. Now at some point, someone started flagging posts. Not sure if it was one person flagging posts or multiple people. I also don’t know if those posts were flagged as offensive or off topic but regardless, there were many flags so moderators had to take action. It’s not fair for members to have to scroll through hundreds of off topic posts in the hopes of finding one that is relevant to the topic of a thread. Just thought I would add a different perspective to that thread closing. :v:

20 Likes

I’m a newbie on OG but one of the positive aspects is the lack of political squabbling.

6 Likes

Perhaps this devolving of threads should be discouraged, because if it’s just continues on I’m going to stay in my lane for my remaining time to grow and not bother to engage any longer.

2 Likes

Well, this display :arrow_heading_up: is rather unusual so don’t judge Overgrow solely on this content.
…Perhaps we need some collective cathartic purgative or something to get back to what we do best…
…making bad jokes about @Foreigner:smile: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

11 Likes

If you can successfully get my goat you’ve got a friend forever :love_you_gesture::joy:

5 Likes

I keep trying to borrow his @Foreigner “goat” Sadly it’s a love story only for lovers of goat milk.

4 Likes

I think that your house, your rules and rules must be followed.

But we can’t forget what the human interaction comes with.

All moderarors have my support, and I had a political thing I brought up and some members reacted bad so the topic was hidden for my surprise.

Still I only complained about that with the most troubled user about my posts so I reached him and we wrote a lot to each other and both ended up understanding each other and I think that if I writhe him today he will respond, so we became friends thru that bad post I made and I learned a lot with him.

This to say that most of our disagreement can be talked over to a better solution or keep it in the closet but if wasn’t for that friend today I would be a worst person and I thank that user for his time and patience to make me write the answer so I could belive in the right choice.

Still your house and your rules and always will respect that if I want to be here. That’s how serious users should face OG.

We remain humans and our humanity shows when needed and not needed, and I have read many discussions not about weed and never complained because it is just human to discuss in order to evolve.

That being said, keep the good work and happy grows.

11 Likes

Thank you @LemonadeJoe and @moderators for all the hard work in making this the best forum on the interweb! You guys have made an awesome place, that I am so happy to be a part of! :raised_hands::fire::grinning::raised_hands::fire::grinning::raised_hands::fire::grinning::+1:

5 Likes

In other forums with political discussions,I am convinced there are characters there that are paid for thier devisive political content.Its the only reason they say the same line again and again.Those are not discussions, they are propaganda matches.I also recognize some of those characters here on OG.They are here,but not for seeds.Please keep a tight ship for the good of everyone concerned.HP

8 Likes

It got blowed up over here.,
In a few weeks I’ll be flipping some bud.
I have little babies.
@Coda. It’s all good.
I like green hits. lol

2 Likes

Well. Can’t say you’re not honest about yourself lol

2 Likes

That man will not tell you a lie. He might not tell you everything.
@Foreigner is a great guy to be around. You make me laugh man.

3 Likes

That’s just some paranoia. No one is a paid common person to go around being politically divisive. If they were, well hell how to I get a job doin that?

3 Likes

It is descorouged. If you go through that thread, you will see it was closed down in Dec. This happened after a buch of heated comments and name calling. Loki closed it, cleaned out a bunch of posts and then opened it again. 12 days ago a member brought up another member for not following through on their promises. Then came approx. 300 more posts, the majority of which were off topic. At a point I mentioned that the posts regarding trade feedback were getting buried and the banter slowed down but then another comment was posted and the mess continued. Since it’s difficult to stop such a train when it starts rolling I would guess that the decision to close it was the best way they could figure out to stop it. Moderators pop into threads and ask folks to keep them on topic and also move lots of off-topic stuff out of threads. I would bet that takes up much of their time. Would be good for folks to moderate themselves, knowing that not doing so can cause a pile of unnecessary work for the mod team. There is always the OG Discord if folks want to just banter back and forth all day long about whatever. @toastyjakes takes great care of the Discord server, and I am sure he would welcome all members to join in.

11 Likes

That was good @DougDawson . very true.
@LemonadeJoe @TeamOG i get lost sometimes.
My apologies.

3 Likes

Some do, some try to be a little more lax before they say something and some go hard immediately…

When it comes to most things, the community stays and keeps itself in check. Sometimes things happen and things get posted and it goes a little haywire but it usually runs its course and things continue as normal.

To those that say that all the threads related to non cannabis material should be removed, I would disagree…

It’s true that the diversity of our community is what makes us great. We are here for a purpose and that is the plant, but we’re also interested in other things as well… vegetable hardening, chickens, fishing, hunting, camping, horse riding etc… and we welcome that because there is a place for people here where our main hobby intersects side things with other people. I enjoy the absolute trove on almost any topic you can think of within our member group and the information that it holds that’s helpful on many different levels.

We welcome all of that… but I/we cannot let topics continue that are divisive. We are strong as a community but when we divide people lose friends and respect and that just isn’t right.

I like to treat the site like something my grandpa used to say to me:

“You don’t talk about money, religion, or politics with people unless you’re looking for an argument”

22 Likes