ABushOfKush's Cannabis Adventure - Michigan

Hello everyone, this will be the thread where I post my daily hijinks. I grow mainly outdoor on my land, but I also run an indoor and a greenhouse grow for an old gentleman. I am a true seed whore, I make thousands every year and try to work from my own stock as much as possible. I love all cannabis, but the jars that get smoked most heavily are the skunky ones.

Currently I’m working on pheno hunting a few of my seed lines, cloning seedlings as soon as possible and throwing the clone into flower right away.

Here are some photos so everyone can see what I’m working with!

82 Likes

Very cool. I’ll sit back and enjoy the show here. Welcome my friend

2 Likes

Hi there, great looking garden, I’m jealous of all that space! :smiley:

@TopShelfTrees1 @alex
Thanks!

Here’s the newest batch of babies. Multi-planted into pots by strain until they are large enough to clone off of. Also a pot from a month-ish ago that I just tossed a handfull of seeds into, ready to clone.

23 Likes

Nice set up!
Another Michigan outdoor grower. :v:
What part are you in?
I’m in the thumb. :raised_hand:
Following along…

4 Likes

@Bobgrows
Central Michigan!

6 Likes

I bought a 24 pack of autoflowering seeds and these 3 made it…got lucky with a boy and two girls. I hope to breed these with my favorite photo period plants and make auto versions of everything. It will be exciting to see what the seeds do when sown directly in the ground.

21 Likes

A very nice setup you have there @ABushOfKush!

4 Likes

3 Likes

The back of the garden is mostly planted now.

I just put in this girl that I plan to vine across the ground. She’s a cross I made last year of Hillbilly Skunk and Ethos The Vineyard. The Hillbilly Skunk I have taken four generations on my own after purchasing off of strainly. The lineage is Dominion Skunk crossed to Bodhi’s Appalachia Super Skunk. My favorite phenos have a used transmission fluid smell to them. Very stinky. The Vineyard smelled like crunch berries so I’m excited to see what comes out. A couple of my volunteers that came up early April are looking nice and stocky. Just took their heads off.

That’s all for today!

14 Likes

The joy of being able to grow outside… :sun_with_face:
May legalization happen in my neck of the woods.
Awesome to be able to follow along here. :+1:

3 Likes

I hope you can grow outdoors soon. It’s truly the way to do it. Nothing like seeing the plant out in the environment. Not to mention the absolute ease of growing in the ground. My soil happens to be extremely fertile so I pretty much do pruning maintenance and that’s it. They grow themselves. I have a small creek about 50 feet away at the treeline that creates a nice water table in the soil.

5 Likes

I’m pulling up a chair to watch this! Looks phenomenal mate :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Alright, alright, I’m back. Day job got in the way and took my little crappy car to the racetrack on Monday.

I culled a few males that showed in the back of the garden. I’m flush on seeds at the moment and am focused on having even more variety of flower come harvest time than I did last year. So far this years Hillbilly Skunk generation looks pretty consistent, and very stout. The female ratio seems to be very high in the seeds as well.

The Vineyard X Hillbilly Skunk is taking well to being staked to the ground. The lowest branches have started to shoot up nicely.

I have so many plants growing at the moment at so many places that it’s hard for me to remember to take photos. And then harder to keep them straight after in order to show them here with explanation.

Here’s the aftermath of the mole that I’m at war with… I planted a line of AG Northern Lights #2 F2s. 10 of them. 3 came up. Biggest and strongest gets hit by the mole…

Maybe some big bad castor bean plants will deter them.
Alright I’m a few beers in and ever more bowls roasted so that’s all!

14 Likes

best outdoor ive ever smoked was some MI outdoor grown in west mi
tagging along

2 Likes

plants that keep moles away - Поиск в Google

Some plants help deter moles.

"Try marigolds, alliums, fritillarias, daffodils, garlic and shallots".

Dot them all throughout your garden, like the stars in the sky. :nerd_face:

“Castor bean plant also works, but it’s poisonous and should not be used anywhere around pets or children.”

Coffee grounds have an overpowering smell that deters moles, so place them in a few of the tunnels or mounds to drive them off. You can also spread them over the top of your garden (this is what we did) as it’s perfect for your garden and makes an excellent fertilizer.”

Grounds are not acidic; the acid in coffee is water-soluble so the acid is mostly in the coffee.
Coffee grounds are close to pH neutral (between 6.5 to 6.8 pH).

5 Likes

Looking good bro, sucks about the mole I immediately thought of a caddy shack x cheech and chong movie :laughing: hope you get on top of it! Peace brother :v:

2 Likes

Quick update photo of greenhouse I’m tending. Plants are just starting to shoot up. Been topping them hard for the last couple weeks.

My small creek in the back has a nice bridge for vegging plants. Might name it Shit Creek since that’s what I’m up with all these plants…I’m the cheapest man I’ve met so I’m running into soil shortage for up-potting.

Crazy Mouse

Pineapple Express

Caramelicious

Gonna see what these taste like…wish me luck

21 Likes

Poking my head back out of the dirt.

Here are a bunch of plants and what they are…

Hillbilly Skunk x The Vineyard

Volunteer Hillbilly Skunk mystery cross

Three AG NL#2 F2. One is a runt.

Hillbilly Skunk

Hillbilly Skunk x The Vineyard

Angola Red x Columbian Black

Hillbilly Skunk

Hillbilly Skunk

Candy x Hillbilly Skunk

Hillbilly Skunk

Russet and Red Skin potatoes

The golden boy