Acapulco Gold Repro

Those are beautiful plants @wny61!

What is your plan for growing them out?

-Grouchy

3 Likes

The 4 big one are auto’s 2 twizler up front upper left sd upper rt poison cookie devil and ag on bottom if female will flower them out
Got more seeds so see how it is thanx to lamchopped for the seeds

5 Likes

Ag moving along second set of leaves coming hard to see next pic will be closer
Ag popped 3/22

12 Likes

Don’t be like me and cull any stretchy AGs that maaaybbbeee have a male preflower prematurely, until you’re 1000% sure. Because this stretchy bastard is a female :roll_eyes:
And so is her less-stretchy, but still long-internodal sister behind her

Don’t talk shit about the mess, that of which is my flower tent atm :sweat_smile: everything in here was R&D. I will however clean up the bottoms now, and try to keep some snips in case she blows me away.

Also…. I’m getting overwhelmed. I have a crop of Cannavores Absolute Units ready to flip — was gonna let them fill in the holes as I moved out the male Oaxacans (courtesy of Upstate)… but it’s looking like only 2/12 are males, 8/10 are females, with two still undetermined; i.e more than I planned for :upside_down_face:
But that’s one of those ”good problems”, right?

edit: also sorry to anyone that’s having low germ rates. I’m not liking the numbers I’m seeing from others that already popped theirs.

All I can say is that I tried to get ahead of yall with popping mine, to hopefully preview what’s encapsulated in the beans.

31 Likes

I had 2 out of 6 pop. But cheap is good free is better thanx again lambchop hoping for a girl

13 Likes

I dropped three of your AG beans using @JohnnyPotseed’s worm castings technique and two jumped up the next morning and started stretching into the light. They are just about ready to transplant into their final dirt.

Try it you’ll like it!

17 Likes

Coming along good

15 Likes

I’m out of likes, but they are looking really good so far!
Hoping you get a female too !
Sending good vibes
:v::blush::green_heart:

5 Likes

Coming along

14 Likes

Thank you @lambchopedd, I can’t run these today but they will have a go in my fall grow. I have a plan in the works.

15 Likes

@lambchopedd these showed up sir. Thank you!

15 Likes

Thanks again Edd,
I soaked 8 beans for 24hrs, 2 of the lightest almost white ones were still floaters . Two or 3 had a small nub poking out, a couple others were swollen and split at the seam. Moved them all to a damp napkin plate samwich and back in the cupboard, we’ll see…post results in a few.

11 Likes

Oh sweet! I love seeing so many of these grown out. I can’t wait to see the updates.

Sending you good vibes @iggypuffs

:seedling::herb:🪴 :evergreen_tree:

:v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Hey @lambchopedd I’d badly love to run some Acapulco in one of my tents, would be the first time flowering such long flowering variety. Is there a way I can get some of those seeds?

3 Likes

@lambchopedd
I have never had AG, I’d love to give some a go and spread the genetics thru Europe.

2 Likes

Two AG babies transplanted to their final homes, one in 3gal supersoil and the other in a Micro Octopot as an experiment. They’ll both live inside until July then move out into the summer sunshine to finish. The smaller one has been that way since they sprouted, likely not related to the transplant.

17 Likes

Im getting jealous, everyone starting some and I just have to wait, my closet’s are full. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Not the worst problem to have :laughing:
But I feel your pain

2 Likes

@lambchopedd

Seeds arrived! :grinning:
Thank you!

10 Likes

Took pics as I was running out the door… here’s that one male I mentioned way back when — still in the same 1gal pot :sweat_smile:
He’s been close to death (& brought back) a few times! But nothing a few enzyme teas, ferments, LABs, and misc organic amendments cant handle!

He’s already been clone-tested (i.e took a shitty clone to see if it would root; it did)
Probably gonna take proper clones of him today after work… and then after rooting, I will FINALLY put him to rest :pensive:

As far as “why”, and what’s my plan…. Fuck if I know haha

Extra: if you go back far enough, if I remember correctly…. This male had terrific internodal spacing (comparatively), dense clusters, took the longest to drop pollen, shorter structure :pray:t4:, vigor, etc etc

25 Likes