Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

I love Blue Dream. We used to get some really good Blue Dream here in VA about 10 years ago. Really strong BB flavor with a super hazey head high and deeply relaxing body buzz. Made you feel cozy, especially sitting next to a hot woodstove in winter. Had to watch out or the woodstove weed nap would get you. The Blue Dream I’ve had since has sucked in comparison. Half assed bs copycat crap that just wants to cash in on the name. Like any other strain that achieves a certain level of notoriety, the fake copycat shit just floods the market. Just like Green Crack, GDP, Purple Haze, etc…Really happy I can grow my own now and get stuff I know is going to be legit.

11 Likes

Post up some pics to see when you do please.

I’ve got a pack of Metal Haze coming. Never grown haze. Anyone have any experience with it yet? Or the crosses that it’s in?

7 Likes

Some Super Malawi Haze from Ace (Nevils haze x Malawi) at week 5 from a while back.

I’m so bad at taking pictures and recording my grows this is the only picture I can find of it. I was sure I had some dried bud shots, but oh well. It was harvested at 86 days.

She was quite floral and “woody” smelling, maybe Sandalwood? I’m pretty bad with olfactory descriptions.

Anyways the high was great, electric almost, but without paranoia or jitters/anxiety. Made me want to get up and do things from clean the house, to exercise to yoga and meditation.

No trace of the disorientating / stupefying and heart racing anxious high that I usually get from the Ace Malawi line (which I quite enjoy) either.

Honestly was not a very big fan of the terpene profile at first and I culled the clone as I have been trying to keep my mother count pretty low and I really regret it and find myself craving the smoke, I’ll have to hunt through the rest of my pack.

26 Likes

I’m looking to grow some Malawi the first chance I get. I love the heart-pounding, balls-to-the-wall sativa effect.

2 Likes

I guess in one form or another the following are arguably pretty much different phenos of the same strain . Original Haze , Santa Cruz Haze , Oldtimers Haze , Tom Hills Haze , Nevil’s Haze & the A & C Hazes . Some have been worked more than others but IMHO finding the magic would take some serious hunting . Unless I missed the mark they’re better crossed with something to increase vigor as original stock is old / inbred , add structure etc. Then we get to the 16wk plus & not breeding true . Way past my resources , just in space alone to do multiple trays at one time . Like landraces , outdoors & plenty of room & of course the right climate . Am following thread for ideas that might work for me .

2 Likes

Nevils haze has nl#5 in it.

6 Likes

And Tom Hill’s has a BX using deep chunk in it iirc

6 Likes

I ran that one too. Nice strain. I saw two phenos, one had the big calyxes like haze, the other was more squat and hashy. I thought the haze pheno was pretty good.

8 Likes

This was definitely a hazey pheno as well, took a bit of a cure for me to really appreciate it and by then I had already culled the clone. As usual. haha. Impatience always seems to get the better of me in one way or another.

3 Likes

I love anything haze. Been stocking up on some hazes. Relic G13 Haze F3, RD GTH#1, 3x AKBB NL5 Haze crosses, Bodhi’s Metal Haze Preservation, and AG Seed Co Green Crack x ON Haze. Would love to find the legit hazey Blue Dream again. I guess that’s the SC BD?

1 Like

This is a cross with @ToddMcC 's Original Haze x Original Neville’s (I think that’s right) female and @lefthandseeds 4P Haze (Paonia Purple Paralyzer x Panama Haze). I got about 30 40 seeds and this is the only one I’ve grown, and it got pollinated by another plant, Malana I think. But, even with the seeds it held up well and has the most beautiful aroma when crushing a bud. It retains an oiliness that is still there after being kept in a large ziplock. I’ll be going back to the seeds I got and make it again. @lefthandseeds got half of what I had. It really seems promising. It’s a haze on steroids! It had really nice colors in the end as well. peace

42 Likes

Don’t worry about being so long-winded. This seems like a place for people to learn, and every piece of information could potentially be very valuable. I’m also a Haze fan. My first experiences were with sativa landraces, and Haze is the closest to what I used to get. My folks were hippies who got their weed from an even older hippie. This was back in the 90s, when a lot of hybridization had already occurred. I count my blessings to have had access to the old-school landraces.
Ultimately, I’d like to breed my own strain of pure sativa Haze. The climate here (the Deep South, about 32 degrees latitude, sub-tropical with a 7 month growing season) would be conducive to that.

8 Likes

Impatience gets the better of every grower at one time or another, no doubt.

2 Likes

Are there any pure sativa Hazes out there? It seems like they all have indica genetics in them.

3 Likes

@Herrsquidward Oldtimers Haze is pure. Tom Hills Haze if you can find it.

8 Likes

Now that could be interesting…
Nice plant😁

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Actually looks like Oldtimers Haze is a Colombian landrace genetically, but its Haze. Ace seeds and others have it.

7 Likes

Any idea where to get some tom hills haze right now?

3 Likes