Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Love it, especially the Nag Champa phenotype :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s more reasonable that places which such a climate would scare the shit off. I live in south America where African sativa’s where also brought by afrikans and etc.
Nothing can be compered with a “kiss of the sun”.
But things that are coming through is that terpenes also contribute to psychoactive effects whereareas high temps would simply destroy them all.
Old timer, first time with LEDs , resin remains intact and also those supposedly guns.

3 Likes

Pretty plants with lots of resin coverage are fine but the right chemotype is what I’m after not just how frosty they are. Now that most are using LED these lights require our rooms to run warmer, 80/85f.

“The THC level does matter, in general, the higher the better, but it is the terpenes that make a 10% THC weed with the right terpenes better than a 20 % THC with all the wrong terpenes. It is not the cannabinoids. The terpenes also determine the type of high”.
-SamS.

6 Likes

Terps are important for headaches.

1 Like

The best plants I have are very terpy and potent. One without the other is not what quality is for me. Smoking anything that taste like shat regardless of the potency is not for me. The best plants ever to cross my path since the 70s were very tasty.

8 Likes

@MrRevolution
Vietnamese black is f3 from Snowhigh I received from @DesertHeartGardens
Clear high, med high potency, no ceiling
slightly energetic, intensified visuals
Some old pissy smell, piney, metallic back end on exhale , 3-4 hr high

THH
Pine, citrus, incense,
A controlled racy, no paranoia, higher sensor sensitivity, see smell hear
Euphoric, mind bending, long high
Sit too long and forget your high, take a few step then, wham" hey remember your blasted", " oh yea, shot, forgot", lol
Hapi Haze growing

17 Likes

That seems to support allard’s claim that hemp is a very self-compatible plant

6 Likes

The 2023 glorified Thai genetics were selected among hundred of thousands plants? Did they grow Thai stick from clone in the 1970s ? Why was the seed quality consistent 40 year ago and not now?

Tom Hill said that 1 to 1 is degrading genetics! But only if they are not already degraded. Or with open pollinations you will only further degrade them.

7 Likes

Gatekeeping is lame. If someone wants the best haze they should be able to easily find a cut not have to sort through a hundred plants. All forms of gatekeeping serve to only dilute interest, energy toward the hobby. Open all the genetics up like a free library. It won’t kill the market, people will always want to buy killer crosses, seeds, cuts.
The gatekeeping, secrecy, clubs and dick measuring in this hobby is the contaminants in the pure bubble hash of growing lol

15 Likes

3 Likes

Sam’s classic (edited) answer…
Deep down we all know that he only used three punto rojio phenos… Ehm, no, three different Colombians, with a bit of Thai influence…

4 Likes

I don’t understand your point
I don’t know “thai 2023 glorified” lol
I only talked about what I know
I have visited crops in the mountains of hundreds of plants, I have been growing sativas for 25 years and I know what i’m talked about.
how can you say such a thing?
with open pollinations what?
Well, unless you have no experience, but you do have the opportunity to plant thousands of plants.
(there is no one like that in the world lol)
you may not do a good job
But if you plant thousands of plants it is because you have reached a certain point of experience.
Here in my country there are places that continue to plant the same seed as always for years and the marijuana continues to be consistently very good.
I advise you to experiment for yourself and not blindly believe what others say, no matter how famous these people are.

12 Likes

iirc Allard mentioned that repeated open pollination tends to bring a line back to its average. That is to say - your quality isn’t degrading, it’s diluting. The rare combinations you made more common with your previous selections are simply getting mixed back in to the general pop, and now you have to work to bring those averages back in a desirable direction

13 Likes

Well fellowship, preserve what we still have it’s simply the best applied solution we have

2 Likes

People are using vapes… the scenario won’t be creepy, it is already happening

My only issue regarding true haze lines is when those has no ceilings… scared off :flushed:

2 Likes

That is what happens to me with haze. The oh am I high? Yes I am higher now.

3 Likes

I see pointless to argue about a polyhybrid. As the whole history suggest. Whatever she’s Thai dominant or Colombian neither shit.
I see efforts to preserve something creepy as historical issue.
This last season I’ve two F2 of my antique cross and both were very similar in appearance although both different in the hit.
Although I can state, heck of a lineage.
A heck of lineage that was brought by I heck of climate.
I still remember a post from FET (spice brothers) answering to Ben from Sensi.
Dunno the exact words but the essence:
“You keep discussing about equatorial sativa’s grown on a climate more suitable to mushrooms”

2 Likes

But as we know till now is that Haze was born in SoCal. So… not an equator zone. So? She does well in many climate zones :wink:

2 Likes

CentralCal

4 Likes