Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Santa Cruz? Sacramento? LA? Santa Barbara? Where is REALLY born original haze?? Who know? Lol

1 Like

:blush: supposedly Corralitos , who knows. But it’s indeed true that as time passed by all games were betting on mid/mid hybrids many of them very nice but not we fellows are searching for.
Like… she goes strikingly in 3/4 hybrids as we all fellows know

doesnt matter where it was “born” it still matters what the lineage is as far as what climate it will do best in , eg , cross two thai plants in finland , does this make them more suited to the finish climate ? of course no , its the lineage that matters and dictates the best climate for best results …

7 Likes

Agreed :100: , much of respect

1 Like

Yeap. I was just talking about as this lineage came through surely came from breedings where extreme sativa’s wouldn’t do well, see?
Like… NH and O. Haze are hard for indoor piloting but they still thrive with care.
See? somehow this “lack” of overpowering necessity calmed down

1 Like

Does anyone know or would anyone like to speculate where the Colombian types were imported from and the population relationships of these drug type varieties as they relate to their introduction into Colombia during and before the time of the Haze Bros seed acquisitions?

Does anyone know more about how the Haze Bros sourced their Colombian? Did they actually go to Colombia? Were they on the mountain with the indigenous or did they score through a middleman? If through middlemen it could explain the different types.
An accumulation of different types through different transactions or if the middleman would purchase from multiple farmers and subsequently they have variety in one place. I’ve read that the Haze Bros were surfers who happened to come across some good weed during their travels, but not part of BOEL? Is that accurate?

I’ve been wondering the possibility of Indian and West Indian types as well as ancestral throwbacks of whatever was being grown and imported into Colombia during, around, and before the time the Haze Bros collected their seeds. From what I’ve read, the indigenous groups growing in Santa Marta didn’t smoke or consume the weed they grew and instead did so to use as a way of bartering for money. It was also supposedly grown in the Cauca Valley. There’s record of Spain requesting hemp grown in Colombia, there’s also the proximity to Brazil, as well as the Panama Canal infusion of people laborers and their cultures nearby. It could really be just about anything. Then to consider the potential genetic contributions of Thai and Indian during it’s progression in Santa Cruz with the Haze Bros and Sam. Which sort of breeding schemes were used? How accurate was the pollination and labeling in Santa Cruz?

I’ve read a compilation on icmag back in the day when first peeking into this rabbit hole, it was a compilation of quotes on haze by Sam that some member posted up. I thought it was pretty helpful as a base to start from reading his perspective on things. Much love

5 Likes

Nice point. In the past what flooded to Colombia and also northeast in Brazil was Indian hemp (not exactly hemp)

1 Like

Do you guys remember that Haze Mist from TFD
Was a o haze crossed with a Kerala sativa

1 Like

Surely sativa’s from south America have a India background, Brazil also but with Africa

1 Like

I would guess the Spanish brought cannabis to South America with their tall ships as did many other nations to other parts of the Globe when they were opening up new trade routes or were Colonizing new worlds.

Cannabis back then was hugely important for shipping for sails ropes so on.

3 Likes

Would they just have sealed barrels full of seeds? How did they transport the seeds otherwise?

I like this pheno of A78 x P420 the best. She is stacking beautifully. I like another but not enough space. All are stinkers.

21 Likes

What epi traits have you observed that relate to cannabis?

2 Likes

Almost enough to write a book about it. In bonus to be a leverage i’m particularly liking it to highlight genetic subgroups this way (let’s call it allele patterns and occurrences), so the list contain both artificial (not existing in nature) and natural epigenetic factors (in artificial and natural environment).

Cannabis is pretty much responsive (like all annuals actually) to a wide panel of indirect leverages, from the soil to the light in passing by the air exchange and transpiration. It’s a breeding leverage only if it hit the vital functions and that if it generate a high rate of mortality, most of the time it’s more a tool to map traits and combos not being expressed usually.

6 Likes

The fact is that the story has changed so many times, with the addition of new details, more and more lies, that you no longer know what is true… There were two brothers, or rather three, there was also a sister, not they were really brothers, Sam was one of them, they were three inexperienced growers to whom Sam gave the genetics, 4 sativas, or rather only punto rojio, or rather three different Colombians…
You could make a book, a film…

5 Likes

Tom Hill said Mexicans have dirty muddy high they cannot be the best sativas of yesterday. And you only need marry a thai girl, ladyboy or man then you can grow thousands of plants, easier than growing 100 plants from degenerated Haze stock for 5% in illegal countries. Your kids will even be 20 times more Thai and more authentic than any 25% Thais diluted for 10 generations with Colombians, Indians and Mexicans.

I confirmed what you wrote only said that Mexico is not Thailand, Central America not SE Asia, Mexican farmers no Thai farmers, Mexican weed no Thai weed… and the USA not the center of the world.

1 Like

The movie should be called the Haze Runner :wink:

2 Likes

@Budderton so glad to see the mm rockin in your hands brother :raised_hands: sorry for the delay in responding I’ve been dealing with some horrible health issues with my wife but I just wanted to drop by and say it’s great to see them progressing!! Keep up the amazing work mate :+1:

3 Likes

Early 70s Mexican seed were imported into Colombia according to a 1979 HT article about Colombia.

In 1977 there was an introduction of Thai genetics into Colombia.

5 Likes

Yes, also a lot of genetics from Lebanon and Nepal with immigrants…
In the same way in late '70 people introduced a lot of Colombian/Mexican and later Afghan genetics into Jamaica…

3 Likes