Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Incense spice perfectly describes my Mango haze right now in the jar. I’m assuming the pine comes from Northern lights? I’ve only grown nl once from dutch passion, it was oasis. It had a more juniper berry smell. With all the nostalgic northern lights and hashplants making comebacks, somebody needs to cross them to some haze. Pnw hashplant x nevilles haze sounds lovely to me.

6 Likes

Thank you holygroveseed, much obliged!

1 Like

I only popped 2 so far and 2 distinct plants. My favorite was the tall unruly stretchy plant. It needed more time and space but it ended up being the best sativa I’ve ever consumed. I like it so much I ordered 2 more packs hoping I can find the same or similar pheno in the future. The other one is good too, but not in the same boat.

5 Likes

This tracks with the research/anecdotal info i’ve come across on this line. Do you know of any breeders that have worked with the pure sativa landrace Vietnamese Black or if there are any sources for this line?

4 Likes

Not sure to be honest, Pine is not a common smell I have come across in the plants I have grown.

Going by the little research I did, it terpinolene can be found in many strains.

4 Likes

From memory, Vietnamese Black was popular around the early days of Cannabis world and early OG days, but the Vietnamese Black they were working with was a hybrid.

Then came Delat that was a pure sativa said to have been collected in Vietnam.

I don’t know of anyone that offers it as a pure sativa.

You would think if a line was as good as it was claimed to be, it be offered in seed form.

9 Likes

From what Ive read the VB the Spice brothers used was not a VB hybrid. There listing links to the landrace VB. This info is easy to find. AI chat came back with VB Landrace as well. I’ve read every thread I can find about the Spice Brothers Lieu Hanh. No mention they used a hybrid VB. Do your own research.

“Lieu Hanh” is a strain of cannabis created by the Spice Brothers. It’s a classic Heirloom release.

The creators of Lieu Hanh, The Spice Brothers, grew out hundreds of Neville’s haze f2s to show recessive parental traits. They selected a very sativa dominant side of Neville’s haze that had a flowering time just short of 15 weeks and had a profound smoke quality with no paranoia or couch lock.

The aroma and palate of Lieu Hanh are described as 60% fruity, 20% spicy/hazy, 10% earthy, and 10% pine. The cognitive effects are described as 35% electric, 35% uplifting, 15% creative, and 15% spacey/trippy.

These will tell me if they used an Indica hybrid. Other pics do not indicate this.

10 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

I can understand your logic about lines being out in the market if they were outstanding, but i could see other explanations for it’s scarcity like being rare, most people interested in seeds (esp. commercially) are not looking for pure sativa landrace; there are also a lot of people that don’t participate in the online community or are reluctant to spread seed to strangers when some riddly type TLT outfit profiteers from what many consider prime medicine that should be shared pro bono. @romanoweed has done much digging on this line and believe has first hand experience with that viet black line (south x north)

4 Likes

Super Destroyer Haze
Week 5

24 Likes

The best cannabis to come out of Asia was the Thai year after year until 84/85.

I know that most don’t post online or even look at forums, and those that do, many are reluctant to share genetics because of the shady people that are mixed in with the good people.

It’s no longer just about the shady seed interests now people also have to worry about corporate canna getting hold of genetics.

15 Likes

The problem with that way of thinking is that the genetics just die when you do. I’m a great believer in sharing genetics for that reason.

11 Likes

Too bad more people don’t think like this. I could go on and on about genetics sharing. It’s a hype game just look back at the chems , tk, etc. It’s rather silly to me to hype stuff all day then brag about how they are the only ones that have it blah blah blah. Yall know the old hype routine I’m talking about.

9 Likes

You share genetics with people you know and trust, and they do the same, that is how you preserve genetics long term.

11 Likes

Share genetics with people you don’t even know.

11 Likes

You do end up sharing with people you personally don’t know but the people you shared with do.

3 Likes

It’s also a personal thing for me. I come from an illegal era so I still have some weird growing eccentricities and some PTSD. There are some things I won’t do but if I have the seed Im happy to spread it around. But always keep 2 breeder packs and put one at an offsite location :call_me_hand:

10 Likes

I have shared seed since the beginning what we did and still do no money was ever connected to seed.

I have come across some shady shit personally and heard of a lot more in the online community.

I still believe most are good people, but the reality is there are not so good lurking too.

11 Likes

True enough. I have to kinda know who you are.

5 Likes

So hempy since your in the sharing mood go ahead and send me a cut of that nevilles haze hahaha. I’m messing with you dude!

7 Likes

If I could, I would, I tried to share pass on clones to friends for years no one I know keeps clones all they want to grow is seed.

I did some years ago passed on some very special plants to a med patient I never met.

11 Likes