Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Very nice. I hope she smokes good for you👊

2 Likes

what I like most is starting the day with her, she kicks the door and everything that lies ahead, a lot of energy that makes you tremble if you abuse it :hot_face::hot_face:

3 Likes

wow!!!u pulled something there!!!:blush:

1 Like

I managed to get seeds here:

https://www.theseedsource.com/product-category/mahakala-seeds/

6 Likes

my thoughts, generally about haze x durban…

many of such crosses were made in the past. I am sure that skunkman made one durban x original haze, but I dont see anybody would grow it till these days… SSSC made M3, if you look to their old catalogue, they called it durban thai highflier, it is durban x thai, sometimes it peaks out somewhere, but again we cant say it is polular.

dutch flowers made NLhaze x durban… I saw also durban x a5/thai from e. t. or durban x colombian gold, even bandaid haze x durban made by randycalifornia…

dutch flowers description:
“Crossing a NL x Haze female to a Skunk male produced incredible successful plants like Jack Herer, Super Silver Haze and Cinderella. We thought substituting Durban in the formula would correct the long flowering period and stretchy nature of NL x Haze while keeping things very sativa, especially when many people suspect the mysterious father of Cinderella could have been a Durban. Our result is a very desirable hybrid with a Haze/Durban double sativa character, haunting licorice/sandalwoody taste, short manageable phenotype with long chunky colas the size of 3 beer cans end on end, and a soaring edgy high which is nevertheless cool, fun and social (if you don’t overdo it).”

description of durban thai highlfier:
“The Durban Thai Highflyer high is very cerebral in nature, with heady effects that begin almost as soon as your first exhale. You’ll feel a lifted onset that fills you with a sense of creative energy and motivation, allowing you to focus on any task that you may have at hand. This is accompanied by a clear-headed feeling that allows you freedom from any negative or racing thoughts. With these long-lasting effects and its high 15-23% average THC level, Durban Thai Highflyer is said to be perfect for treating chronic fatigue, depression, chronic stress, nausea, and headaches or migraines. This bud has a super sweet fruity berry flavor with a lightly minty exhale. The aroma is of earthy herbs and spicy fruits with a hint of mint that intensifies the more that you toke. Durban Thai Highflyer buds have piecey bright neon green nugs with dark leaves, bright orange hairs and a sticky coating of chunky clear crystal trichomes.”

I am interested in it as I just popped around 30 durbans, and will try to make some cross with my thaihaze just for fun and to see what is this cross durban x haze about… if I will find some outstanding individual of durban.

there are reports which says durban is okay smoke, some say, like SSSC, that it smokes like mild thai… most of reports, but some reports talk about super powerful effect, that is more rare. look what DJ Short says about DP:

"Durban herb has reached semi-commercial levels in the past. All of the South African herb that has made it to market that I have tried has been a bit too powerful and speedy. I always get that heart racing effect similar to the Jamaican. There are, however, very many people who enjoy a good carnival ride herb, and Durban is a very powerful choice, indeed.

The seeds of Durban that I grew during the early to mid-80’s produced medium/tall Sativas with spear shaped buds – uniform plants in both structure and finished product. Although production was good, the flavor was a sharp, astringent, chemical odor that burned the nose and sinuses."

I got my durban seeds from Oregon breeder, he breeds it from 2002… this is pic of his durban:

19 Likes

Looking forward to the durban x’s. I like the durban thai highflyer its self as it was selected well but for breeding I find the skunk comes out to much cause both the durban and thai used had skunk in them would love to see some pure durban x thai.

sharp, , chemical odor that burned the nose and sinuses."
And this is how I remember durban too astringent being the first word to describe it now I don’t see that in any durban any more

3 Likes

Exactly my take on DTHF, too much of a skunk and not enough of a Thai or Durban.

4 Likes

that is interesting guys, I would not await that, dont you grow version which is crossed with C99???

I had many conversations with durban lovers and fans of south africa sativas, it means also regions like swazi, lesotho, transkei etc… as Durban is just town, where crops from regions around are concetrated for selling.

now there is one important point that we have to understand, in case we would like to compare SA varieties with varieties like thai or malawi, and that point is that SA climate is subtropical zone, not tropical… and that can make difference. so logically sativas grown in subtropical zone will have different characteristics than sativas grown in tropics… as plants response to environment and are selected by human beings for doing the best in certain environment… so shorter flowering time and resistance to cold. thats why plants like lesotho can finish in northern Europe quite fine with better autumn, while true thai has problem finishing in Italy for example…

another point is that durban genetics orginated in India probably. and in India they have everything, all varieties. not only hashplants, in both southern India and northern India, charas sativas in northern India, or various sativas in southern part. but also plants which are similar to plants we can find in Myanmar or southern China. there is theory that these plants which are something between nld and wld, so called missing link plants, are precrusors to sativa or indica. simply before cannabis came to tropics and transformed to sativa aka tropical cultivar with its amazing psychoactivity, it had form which we can see in souther China and similar close regions.

and that is maybe genetics which got to SA, so not tropical cultivar really… and true durban is maybe missing link. plant which has more broader leafs, especially in veg and shorter flowering time than cultivars in tropics…

I think a lot of durbans today, are crossed with skunk yes. I think that colorado cut or norcal cut are these, as they flower for 8/9 weeks… it is possible. as skunk made it earlier and more yeild, hey friends I remember that time very well when everything was crossed to skunk1… literally everything…

but sure even pure durban doesnt flower for so long like 16 weeks.

another good example of quick flowering SA variety is Ciskei from swiss seedbank Herbaria. they selected it only short flowering phenotype and now it is 60 days variety… you cant do that with thai LOL

hey @Jimdoors I let you know if my durban is astrigent. :smiley:

11 Likes

Good afternoon

I have a Haze related question for all you Haze experts. I recently bit the bullet and purchased a Haze cross from the Diesel Kartel. I was wondering how long this particular cultivar will take to finish.

The information on the Seed Source is minimal to say the least. As I only have one tent, I’m trying to plan my grow schedule for the next year. The strain I scored was Fidel Gastro (Original Diesel x Cuban Black Haze).

Any advice would be most deeply appreciated.

3 Likes

Can’t be sure until you grow it but plan for at least 13 weeks in my humble opinion.

4 Likes

Thanks. That’s what I suspected.

1 Like

The Doors (NL5Hz x HzAC)
Breeder: Shantibaba

34 Likes

THH #5
I cut off some seeded lowers already

Hapi joy

23 Likes

Colorado Sativas offers the Ace of Haze :wink:

3 Likes

Vietnamese black

Hapi joy

28 Likes

What smells are you get from The Doors been curious about that one for awhile haven’t seen many grows.

1 Like

Lil Citrusy, more piney, tad earthy…so far

3 Likes

The Vietnamese black looks so killer what smells you getting from her :star_struck:

3 Likes

These are my (original haze x original nevilles haze) x goji og

3 turned out to be males, and they were super early males. So I kept none of them.

3 girls remain. :green_heart:

20 Likes

Do you got any seed stock? Wanna trade some I need VB for this “spirit weed” project I’m working on if you want to trade me for something just let me know and I’m in no rush either I got plenty time I’m just looking ahead :slight_smile: thanks @hapi

3 Likes