Addiction to Certain Consumption Methods

Well, I find myself in an odd position today. I smoked all my flower up, all I have left is carts. One good, one less good. But able to medicate me. Yet I still find myself craving flower like I crave my Benzos. I originally theorized that it was maybe that I just loved my bong too much. Beautiful 12” 18mm thick lab glass. Just holding it is therapeutic. Anyways, so I’ve tried carts through it with an adapter, and I even mad a sort of whip, so you can hold the cart upright. But it isn’t quiet as good and it’s ridiculous expensive. You get HUGE hits that way really easy. Get me higher than I need, so don’t do often.

Also tried a vaporizer- admittedly a $70 one. I can’t stand it. It tastes light licking weed (the plant itself) while inhaling warm plastic vapor. Weak but usable high- but at twice the flower as smoking. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, other than cheaping out.

Anyone else have any experience like this?

4 Likes

I have heard/read that you get as addicted to the ritual/method as you do the drug itself.

3 Likes

For sure. I’m just curious why it’s the smoking… actually even not from the bong I prefer flower. Joints, blunts, any combustion is more effective. Maybe it’s the head rush from the O2 drop. Addicted to the endorphins of suffocating… well that would suck.

Addiction comes highly back to endorphin addiction. Which you can get from anything.

3 Likes

For the life of me I can’t get high off of carts

2 Likes

Distillate or live resin?

TBH, I was nervous about going back to combustion after a 35+ yr hiatus from Cannabis entirely (My employers always drug tested, and I made my choice willingly to stop). After retirement…I was free at last to do what I pleased, and not have it cost me a good job/occupation. Even though it’s illegal…The gaming Industry in Nevada kept an executive “blacklist” of sorts.

I was very nervous about the possibility that smoking flower again could get me back on cigarettes! Quit that stuff a long time ago, but was still nervous at first. Happily no urge to ever even pick up a butt.

Edibles are also my go to night time medicine. That plus flower + some Rosin Dabs make for a perfect restful night’s sleep.

3 Likes

I hear you loud and clear. Well last night I just did dry sift and it’s great but tonight I just rolled big fatty of UFS18 because I wanted to smoke a joint.

Ugh, to pack a bowl with some budder on top, oh fuck. That’s my go to treat.

3 Likes

I kind of came to the conclusion I can quit flower if I can take on the expense- but should I? I use to hack up a lung every couple hits, I’ve gotten better with my rig and just get dry mouth or throat tickle. How do my lungs feel I’m comparison? About the same. Dose length the same. So just wondered if anyone else was more or less addicted to combustion. Only way I can switch to live resin is by increasing my costs. I’ll be making it at home soon, so not dispensary prices but still.

1 Like

Distillate. I make my own concentrates now for that reason.

1 Like

I mean… damn. That sucks… theyre like, decarbed right?

I assume so, they’re black market. I don’t really like carts anyway, if I’mma vape, I’mma hit a flower vape. Dynavap is the closest that feels like smoking to me. Love it. Though you look like a crack head with a huge butane lighter (or MAP torch in my case) and a metal pipe.

Exactly, I’m looking to go with like a Boundless Terra. I’m tired of my quartz banger, whipping out a blowtorch out for every hit. Fuck that.

1 Like

Peace All. I too have a certain addiction to the burn of bud rather than a vapor . I had attributed that to my cigarette habit (addiction) but on truth I dont even like bongs compared to a blunt or paper. Still may be just my smoking addiction in general, but I did notice it myself and question why​:thinking:. My 2cents… Be well All…:pray:t6:
Peace

1 Like

Yeah, maybe it has to do with cig habits… I was a pack a week smoker, mostly socially or if family was getting too much to just get a break. So it was super easy to quit. I hadn’t smoked in 5 months cold turkey, then I went out one night, smoked 5-6 like it was nothing, and haven’t touched them since. Fucking weird. I use smoking weed the same way, to just take a break. Problem is tobacco is cheaper than cannabis until you grow your own, lol. I don’t know why it HAS to be combustion. Maybe it has to do with reduced oxygen in the brain. Although plenty of oxygen to the brain improves mood and critical thinking. Hence why deep breathing is now scientifically found to calm you down.

1 Like

Ditto. I had a CO2 extracted pen from a dispensary and didn’t work. I mean I was getting vapor off of it and everything, but the shit was weak. I vaporize flower and rosin all the time, and it’s fine, but never again the CO2 vape carts for me.

2 Likes

That very well may be true but after dabbing for few months, flower tastes …dirty?

idk, I’m on a break for the next year at least, but I’ll dab flower rosin when I start again.

2 Likes

This is extremely true and your sense of taste dramatically changes when you stop smoking, and you effectively breathe, taste, smell different. Dabs taste super clean, so it doesn’t cause as bad “smokers tongue” as lower purity material like flower. I noticed this after stopping cigs several times. Same for anything you irritate your respiratory system with.

4 Likes

I feel exactly the same way! I mainly smoke hash so when I smoke a joint I get a bit of a gross feeling.

1 Like

I’m kinda Making myself bite the bullet by just not buying flower this week. Then get an eighth and try it. Once you associate that bad taste it’s way easier to stay abstinente.

2 Likes