A question about smoking habits

Hello everyone. I was just curious about how much and why does everyone smoke. Other than being a little off in the head,lol,I have no actual medicinal reasons to smoke. I could probably claim PTSD from my military experiences,but I don’t.It happened,I survived, I thanked God,I moved on with life.Sorry,I digress… On an average non work day I smoke about a joint an hour. And a joint is the only way that I consume.I don’t really like pipes and don’t use any type of tobacco so blunts are out.I am sort of super old school so I still use scissors instead of a grinder. Also in my area, we have no access to any type of wax or oil’s, so again, its the old tried and true doobie,fattie,hog leg,splif, or joint for this crusty geezer!

2 Likes

Nice idea for a thread… I myself mainly smoke because I like to but I feel it’s medicinal at the same time. I do have an inflammatory liver disease that I believe it helps with as well but being in a state that doesnt recognize it, I have no evidence for that. Lol usually i smoke out of a Sherlock bubbler. Glass is my preferred method but I do occasionally roll a joint. When I’m off work and only I probably smoke a half gram every two hours… Like like a full pack of the bubbler and I just hit it and set it down and just puff one when i want. Like you @Stonervet68 I don’t have access to any kind of concentrates but I tried dabs once here and we’ll, I don’t think it was purged or anything… it was harsh on my throat but I was ripped! Lol I wish I had access to really good rosin. That seems to be the way to go.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your liver problems Mr Eddy. And I hope your use of the flower helps to alleviate some of your symptoms. I am sort of smoking a lot right now because I am in between harvests and all I have is dirt weed right now. However I’m fixing to cut my current crop of grape Kush and Blue Dream Haze and am very much looking forward to finally having some quality smoke! I plan to start a thread with the Harvest and show a visual record of my experience on here. This will be kind of weird for me because of my worry about security through my entire growing career. Because of the very name of the game I have no one to share my interest(other than my wife, who doesn’t smoke) in this great journey of cultivation we all have embarked upon. I cannot thank OG enough for giving me this platform to meet other people with the same weed growing mentality. But at the same time I cannot help but think and worry that the Norco Fuzz are out there reading what we put on here. Oh well, I guess everything in life worth having or being a part of is also worth the risk too, hooahh! lol.(sorry, Army thing,lol.)

1 Like

Typo correction : Narco Fuzz

Joints of flowers. Pipes vapes are all novelty or special events things for me. Stopped smoking hash (a 15 yr. habit) and stick to 2 -6 joints a day during the week, weekends depends on who’s around. I smoke it because it has always given me 1 the ability to soften harsh emotions, and being able to empathize with others. 2 is a great social lubricant 3 feels great in mind and body 4 eliminates the need for over the counter pills to deal with aches and pains from being old. Among other things LOL

2 Likes

Lol,thanks for adding to the thread Canna.Empathizing with others is always a good thing, but in reference to the people in my neck of the woods,sometimes ya’ just can’t fix stupid, lol.

It is possible to empathize with the stupid, without fixing it LOL. Herb does take away the desire to slap some sense into them (which doesn’t work either) ! LMAO I’m a city boy who lives in the sticks, so…right on the money Stonervet68! Cheers.

1 Like

Well, I am a very very country boy who lives way way out in the sticks,(ya know the whole,"skin a buck and run a trot line kinda thing,lol)and you are right Canna,there are few things good herb cannot help!Praise the Lord(or your preferred deity) and pass the Happy Stick,lol!

1 Like

Luckily i have access to all your extracts and edibles along with all the great strains here in California. Still i mostly smoke joints or hit my bubbler. I eat a few edibles every other day or so. Last time i checked i was going through about an ounce a week of flower and at least a few grams of hash. Of course it will fluctuate.

1 Like

Oh Mr.ryasco, how I envy thee!,lol.Ah,the beautiful West Coast, virtually paradise for an old country geezer the likes of me! I have clearly recollected all the times my ol’ pappy awarning me 'gainst dat sirens call of of da Babylon out West: Calafornee! "Hell boy,you liable to go have fun out dare, n use ain’t agoin! Lol Only made it as far as Arizona.

1 Like

Ha! Ha! It can be paradise if you can deal with ego and greed. My ego can get inflated at times and California definitely feeds into that. That’s why this site can be good. You guy’s can help me stay peaceful and grounded hopefully.

@Stonervet68

1 Like

Always remember my weed brother that happiness and tranquillity should only be a joint (or in your case a bong hit or dab) away.Stay grounded by Flower Power!

1 Like

I like blunts… Fat Grape Ones

3 Likes

Who would of thunk it.

2 Likes

pipe, vape, bong, edibles, joints, anything really. i started using it to get high, then found out it helped my insomnia (cept this damn haze i fell in love with :wink: ) i smoke about 2 grams a day maybe more some days. it just tastes soo good ya know?XD

The only time I like to smoke more than once a day is when I am sampling my harvests.

Confining myself to a daily evening smoke assures very little tolerance buildup.
This is more enjoyable for me.

I almost exclusively use a well broken in corn cob pipe.

2 Likes

Dang Mr.Wavels,if I only smoked once or twice a day,no one could stand to be around me! Lol For me the flower truly soothes the savage beast.With out it I revert back to Sergeant mode and before you know it, I’m giving orders,assigning work details and threating to cancel leaves, lol.Then my wife smacks me behind the head and I wake up.

3 Likes

My boss made a wooden pipe out of Red Oak two years ago. It was an “emergency pipe,” because we ran out of papers. It was fast so we used it more and more, until it got broken in. Know it is just about all we use on the job. It is smooth, and no harshness. That break in period though was a little rough.

1 Like

Yes Sir,
It takes awhile to break in a corn cob.
But they smoke smooth and cool.
I think they provide a better taste as well.
Corn cob has been my go to smoking implement for many decades now.

5 Likes

I live in a state where weed is legal if you’re 21+ so I have access to everything, but I mainly smoke flowers out of a glass pipe, sometimes bong. I smoke about 2 grams a day depending on who I’m smoking with. My favorite treat lately is the 10mg peach marma candies. They’re cheap and they do the trick!

2 Likes