Advice needed on Breeder and/or seed selection, asap

Nice, another one for the bookmark folder. Thanks for your suggestions.

I will take a look at your thread tonight. Thanks BigMike55.

1 Like

@Nitt yea fat cat is a u.s. breeder… Doctors choice is canadian…both has awesome strands . solid genetics

1 Like

I did not expect this amount, nor level of great feedback. Now I’m overwhelmed by the amount of choices. Thanks everyone.

I had a very quick peek at firecutz, and the Legendary Larry sounds like a good kush, by description. Except the pine (pinene). Is pinene a very common terpene to find in kushes? I can’t describe, or remember, what the kushes I most enjoyed smelled like, but it wasn’t pine. It was just what people around would call “kush” (smell). And you could always recognize someone had good stuff from 30 feet away when they had ‘kush’ with this fragrance (even a gram, in a bag, in their pocket or backpack).

All the clone strain images on firecutz look amazing, haha.

3 Likes

Yup and emerald mountain legacy I believe is Kevin because they carry the royal kush line that came from Mandelbrot edit this is probably the kush you speak of it’s pretty famous lol

1 Like

Here ya go :slight_smile: I’m fond of the royal Maui berry I haven’t grown it yet but damn I would love too so if you do please tell me all about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would suggest Fleur Du Mal seeds, the breeder is a very reputable user here named @Baudelaire he has a thread about his offerings. He ships to Canada. One of the heirlooms will be consistent and inbred, and much of his work is with Cinderella 99 which covers your Haze hybrid. He just said here in the thread that he’s releasing some Ortega preservation soon, that’s the oldest school of kushes:

6 Likes

@DougDawson @BigMike55 Thanks for the love. Appreciate you both. I’m here to help if anyone needs anything. Sorry I wasn’t around for the original conversation.

7 Likes

Fraser Valley Beans is great. check them out on Facebook.

2 Likes

So, for shitseeds, one needs to ‘register’ or create an account?

1 Like

Well, I duno what’s up with that ‘Ortega’, where it is.
For firecutz, it might be best to wait until after xmas for a cut/clone.
I’m considering coastal mary. But in the mean time I picked up a pack of beans to have on hand now.

1 Like

How do those of you with seed stored go about properly storing them? “Long term” seed storage.

2 Likes

Lot of great threads on here about that Nitt, here’s a couple! :+1:

I’ve read a lot & it seems a mini-fridge, some briefcases & cryotubes are the top tier.

5 Likes

Yup @Nitt that’s about it, if you want to set up the whole system for long-term storage (and it’s great for bud and hash too!) that’s basically a mini fridge at 40F, sealed breeder packs (Eppendorf tubes with silica gel beads inside or in the sealed mylar), sealed in food containers with the gasket with some extra dessicant like rice. That’s almost as good as deep freeze without the risk of a thaw and refreeze that destroys seeds.

3 Likes

If your interested in Haze hybrids @MAHAKALA is my personal favorite breeder. Been working hazes and NLDs for literal decades… message him if interested and tell him I sent you :grin: His Mindblower Haze is my favorite plant I have ever grown.

6 Likes

Dr. GreenThumb.com – outstanding genetics with a gret selection _ sned for hos catalog and get a $10.00 off order _ has some interestimg strains – worth a look !!!

1 Like

It’s true, Tom Hill seems to have joined up to OG just to talk to Mahakala about his haze work, I can’t think of a higher compliment for a breeder of hazes

6 Likes

I would personally recommend you to try White Label Seeds. White Label Seeds are some of the most original and unique strains out there. It must be stored in terpene bags. They have some awesome strains that, believe it or not, they have been working on since the 70s. I have a couple of their seeds and they have been doing some amazing breeding work to create some very unique and interesting genetics.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the continued suggestions, and advice on seed storage too. I’ve been wanting to get a second fridge, one of those ‘apartment’ sized ones. Hard to find locally.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Guys, when you get a 5 pack of seeds, do you always pop them all and look for the “best” pheno, then cull the rest? Do you pop maybe 2 or 3, and save the rest for later?

What’s your approach to this, and why? I’m curious. I’ve never not germinated all 5. But it’s a bit of a hassle having to keep them all separate, test them all, and then of course choosing 4 of them to cull.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I pop as many as I’m able to pop if the intent is to breed with them. I treat the seedling quite bad and are stressing the as much as I can. I cull everything that can’t keep up with the rest. Then I’ll take clones of everything I might wanna use for breeding. Flower everything out, saving the pollen and smoke testing the females. Take the clone of my favorite smoke female, start to flower her and hit her with pollen of each male, one male per branch, mark it down with which male used.

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes