Afghaniganza 5: Auto Cherry Queen

53 days, 7-10 to go.

19 Likes

Here’s one of my Cherry Queen @vernal cut. Starting to pull out of my clone abuse and start growing normally. I’ve hit a tenting conundrum, so I’m actually setting this tent to 14/10 and seeing if I can get Lebanese to flower and delay the flowering just a bit on this one. Lol it’s wild times over here.

Here’s the auto Hindus I’m male hunting on. 4 popped and are cruising pretty well. 2 took a bit longer to germinate – one seems like it might grow normally, the other might be a mutato. I think we will find what we’re gonna need here.

15 Likes

You must be full to the gills over there :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

It’s a mess dude. I don’t know how all of this is even going to work out! :man_shrugging:

I feel like after this week, I’m totally winging it. :rofl:

Worst case scenario, I’m going to have to put those little autos outside… which I should be able to do in a couple weeks.

4 Likes

Yea the weather is getting there, but around here Eastern Canada…the weather is all over the place. It can be +10 in the morning and by late afternoon -2 like wtf???

3 Likes

5 auto HK coming to life this week. They’re looking very happy. 3 finger leaf patterns are very cute. Big middle digits.

A little @vernal cut CQ F2 hiding back there looking on and her potential suiters.

Here’s the bigger @vernal cut CQ F2 that is being held right on the precipice of flowering at 14/10 light schedule. Another week and we should be getting pretty close to action zone.

9 Likes

Yuh. Looking choice.

Do I spy a SSC #9 cutting next to it? Looks just like it with the purple stems and dark green, slightly clawed leaves. Don’t assume she’s unhappy, that’s just what she looks like haha.

I too use the cat litter buckets to grow in. They’re a wonderful volume, dimension, and sturdiness, and I get to reuse instead of waste. I have 2 cats and I’m fanatical about clean litter (they’ll piss outside the box if they are even mildly displeased with the facilities) so we go through a bunch of those.

6 Likes

Yup! @vernal here’s the biggest of the three. Crazy how purple the stems are on this thing. I’ve been wondering if she’s pissed at me for some reason… glad to know she just has a poor disposition. I think I’ll slam this with the auto HK pollen as well.

I’m actually using the cat bucket as the “control” bucket on my hacked together flood/drain. That’s where all my buckets are draining to in my smaller tent and I pump back to the reservoir.

10 Likes

Action is probably going to start this week. 4/5 are sexed, and thankfully 1 male. I thought I was going to get skunked again and come up empty handed. 3 females, one looking really good. Last one is a bit of a runt. I’m hoping it snaps out and shows male.

I changed the res and upped the ec to 1.6. These were getting starved a bit, but responded well to the nute bump. I need to move them up to square pots in the next few days. Root space is getting tight.

12 Likes

WEll, I don’t know how I missed the beginning…but, I’ve read up to catch up lol and now I got my walker over here in the corner outta folks way, just a-watching :sunglasses: looking nice there!

2 Likes

It’s a rule or something, there’s always a runt! :rofl:
…Mine turned out to be a male.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Up-potting today. Made room in the 4x4 tent for the male auto HK. Also in there is the CQ and SSC (super silver cough) cuts from @vernal.

In the little tent, I moved the female autos and the other 2 cuts from deepots to square pots. Hopefully it’s sufficient room for them to flower out in there. For the girls, I have a selection of pollen in the freezer and in dry storage. I’m thinking about pulling out my Durban pollen (male of “triple durban”), Ace Malawi/Panama pollen and PPP pollen for the dusting. I also have some other pollens, but I think I’ll use these to get a head start on some auto sativas. I can make @8k_feet pretty happy if I get an auto Malawi x Panama strain going. I’d love to put some sativas outdoors and know they’ll finish with plenty of time.

15 Likes

A bit of bad news here, but my auto Hindu male shot of pistils and it looks like it’s gonna be sterile too. So I think auto is not gonna happen on the CQ.

Looks like it’s a good time to dig around in my pollen stash and have ourselves a good old fashioned pollen chuck. I’ve got some really old stuff in the freezer. Some of it’s probably not even viable.

But we’re gonna find out :joy:

Pretty sure I’ve got some:
Major indica
PPP
cannabiogen Durban
Malawi/Panama
Everyday haze
Black leb x black afghan
Black/blue Lebanese

:thinking:

13 Likes

Ha, we’re thinking alike. I’m not sure that I have any of the Lebanese seeds so I been thinking of the pollen and where to assign it. I’ll find somebody good. Bummer about the Hindu. Onward and forward! peace

3 Likes

Well, I ended up killing the male. As you can see, lots o’ intersex going on. I let it go long enough for 1-2 early pollen sacs to open, and used them on a single branch on the CQ. If the females come out clean, then maybe I’ll run a test grow on a few plants and see how they look.

But mostly, I’m considering this a good idea for another time. I’ve got my hands full anyway, so I’m going to keep it simple and just use up some good pollen I have in the freezer for some pollen chucks.

13 Likes

Did you decide on which pollen you’re going to use from the deep freeze? Durban?

1 Like

I think I’m gonna branch pollinate with Durban and Malawi/Panama. Those are both pretty old at this point and I’m actually not sure if either are viable either. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

CBG Durban x CQ sounds incredible. Dump the whole vial, worst case Ontario, it’s just sinsemilla weed haha.

Sorry the Hindu Auto was sterile. It be like that. I’m learning more plants than one would think are sterile to a degree.

You could always try reversing the CQ…

4 Likes

Lol, hopefully they still are viable so you can use em up. I’ve only ever use pollen that’s <1 year old now, cause the last time I used pollen that was 3-4 years old it didn’t take. And the one seed that did come out of it was white and underdeveloped…

2 Likes

:+1: I’ll give it a go, and hopefully it’ll take. The Hindu Auto actually wasn’t sterile, I was wrong about it. I pollinated a branch with it, but there were so many pistils on him that I don’t know what to expect. I tossed him before he created any real amount of pollen, but you always get those 1-2 flowers off the main stem that open early. The CQ was far enough along that I could grab those flowers and tap some pollen onto a few buds and mark it with tape.

But that CBG Durban male that I kept pollen from was good enough to be memorable like a few years later now. I’ll give it a try and see how it goes. I think it would make a pretty awesome 50/50.

I do have another CQ clone that I’m still managing in veg. If I put it into flower and reverse it, it will pollinate the other CQ (probably too late) and also the SSC. So I can’t do both, and I think the ship has already sailed for the more mature CQ cut I have in the tent. I might try to get some potting soil and stick it in a 2x2 tent and grab cuts off of her later. Not quite sure where this is all going lol.

5 Likes