Air Cooler in grow tent?

Arctic Air Ultra Portable in Home Air Cooler in grow tent?
Has a lower than ever used something like this for your grow space?

Are you trying to stay cool and comfortable, but you?re feeling hot and sweaty? Running the air conditioner all day is noisy and expensive! And fans only blow the hot air around you! Introducing the new and improved Arctic Air? Ultra: The personal space cooler that transforms hot spaces into cool refreshing places for just pennies a day! Now better than ever with twice the cooling power! Arctic Air? Ultra cools, humidifies, and purifies any personal space! The secret is Hydro-Chill? technology, that pulls in hot air from the room through its evaporative air-cooling filter and turns it into cool, refreshing air instantly! Simply add water to the top fill water tank, press the button and begin feeling cool and refreshing air! Arctic Air? Ultra can run up to 10 hours per fill! The new and improved evaporative air filter is made from a sponge material with an anti-microbial coating! Arctic Air? Ultra?s multi-directional air vent is adjustable to point the air in the area you want! Three fan speeds allow you to customize your cooling experience with low, medium and high settings. The whisper-quiet fan and soothing night light make it perfect to use throughout the night for a comfortable sleep! Arctic Air? Ultra is eco-friendly, energy efficient and Freon-free! Never worry about a costly electric bill again! Best of all, Arctic Air? Ultra?s lightweight and portable design lets you take it anywhere! Enjoy cool and fresh air in the living room, den, bedroom, office, kitchen, bathroom, basement, and more! Even bring Arctic Air? Ultra outdoors! Enjoy a cool breeze on the hottest days! Cool any space fast and easy with Arctic Air? Ultra!

Seems like a humidifier evaporative cooler to me… These won’t lower the temperature in the growroom.

There is no shortcut. If you need to lower the temperature, just use properly sized ventilation system. (preferably dual unit) Air condition could work, but the costs are high.

6 Likes

It’s an air cooler I got something similar.
I was looking for an air conditioner and this Spanish company advertised an air cooler as an air conditioner.
When I clarified it was not an air conditioner I cancelled.
There was a cyber attack at the courier and it got sent after I had cancelled it.
They were kind enough to let me keep for nothing.
The main problem with air cooler is it creates humidity an air con will lower humidity and temps an air cooler will make humidity go up. So not advised for flowering but maybe fine for veg?

1 Like

It is an evaporative cooler. They can be quite efficient if you live in an arid climate. I have a giant one on my roof to cool my home in the high desert.

2 Likes

I helped a guy put a wet wall in a large commercial greenhouse. We basically turned the whole intake wall into a swamp cooler. I wasn’t sure about the idea the first place. Turns out he ended up with quite a bit of bud rot. We are in a humid are anyways which negates the value of a swamp cooler anyhow. He stopped using it within a month.

Here is my question. I can see venting a grow tent into a house, and it keeping your Temps appropriate. You are still running an air conditioner in a roundabout way. What about if you want a growroom or growtent in a shed or something like that? In the summer ventilation will only do so much with outside hot air. What would you do in this situation? Just do the best you can?

2 Likes

Are you asking me? I run an AC in my grow room, but cool the house with the evaporative cooler. Even with the evaporative cooler running my humidity is only around 30% RH.

4 Likes

I was asking anyone that would answer. We are wanting to set up a shed, and I’m trying to figure out the best way to do it.

Try to keep the shed under a tree or somewhere shaded. Full exposure to sun + lights would turn that thing into a sweat lodge/hotbox.

It is already built, but the property has plenty of trees. We should be in pretty good shape on that aspect.

I’m sorry fellas, I neglected the site for a couple days.

LemonadeJoe. I thought it was a humidifier as well. I Ordered a Infinity T4 off of Amazon and the the thermostat was missing. There was only one left for sale and it was Renewed. I guess someone bought it and returned it. Kept the thermostat for them selves. Pain in my a$$. That should have done the trick to bring down the temp in my tent. Gotta order another one. I will never buy a renewed item again.

1 Like