Small Portable A/C for Small Tent - Can't Find One

I’ve just spent way too much time searching for a small simple portable A/C that takes up very little room in a small grow tent. Have you found one? If so, where, please?

1 Like

There are threads here were folks put the ac out side the tent and vent in. Is that what you are thinking.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

I went with one of the stand alone AC , have to have a drain half inch, or out window, etc if AC sits higher. Doesn’t fit tent but does a great job of cooling the room down, intake pulls the cool in. One of the kind on wheels, about 3 ft tall, 2 wide, 1 and a tad from frt to back. Hope you know what I’m talking about , if not I’ll get a pic for you, be a day or so for the pic tho

1 Like

My tent is in the garage when ambient temps were still in the 90s. In order to grow then I had to introduce some AC. I found a good deal on a portable but I had to do some creative hacking to be able to put the AC outside of the tent.

I used an Inkbird to turn the AC on, and then the AC Infinity controller to taper the booster fan speed according to temp.

Edit to add: Watch your humidity with this method, the AC tends to dehumidify very quickly. I added a 2nd humidifer that came on whever the AC was running to compensate.

10 Likes

I have a room for the plants with a 3X3, 4X4, and a 5X5 tent so it fills the room and gets hot, I use a good sized portable ac unit for the room and then booster fans pulling in the bottom of all the tents, with a stronger in-line fan pulling out the top, it’s been working great, but I like the guys set up pushing right into that tent to.

3 Likes

Yea it drops the humidity quite a bit, when I moved here I thought maybe parts of the year I’d need ac and a dehumidifier, but the ac takes care of everything.

1 Like

I HAVE A 10X12 ROOM with a 5000 watt window unit and cetral A/C in the house as well as a humidifier all on timers for now but an inkbird controller is in the near future usually keeps the temp between 72 -80 RH averages 50! better pic

2 Likes

These were on sale at my local Aldi’s store, less than $75 but it’s a seasonal item though.

2 Likes

I did the same thing, located it out of the tent.
I made a plenum, set the AC behind it, so I could exhaust out through a window, after I enclosed it, in foam panels cut and fit.
Because I wanted my cold air to blow in through the top of the tent, I had to do some creative air moving.
As I did that, I found I could connect all 3 of my tents, with the 4’x8’x7’ tent getting the AC. It cooled my tent running 2- 1 K HPS through Cool Tubes.
Then in the fall, I’d suck cold air from outside, and push it through my tents after removing the AC. It was bit clunky but worked a treat.
Then LED’s killed my need of it altogether.
I got pics not great ones if the OP wants to see them.

4 Likes