AK bean brains catalog

Haha. God damn auto correct🤙

4 Likes

Here’s my current Ak Beanbrains grow.
I’ve got about 6 Americanna x Black Domina not found in the catalog.

Here at day 29 of flower.

20 Likes

Great album I probably haven’t heard in 15+ years!

5 Likes

Pantera is one of my favorite bands of all time. Listen to their catalog on a weekly basis. I often wonder if beanbrains named that cross after the album or if it has a more significant meaning then that.

6 Likes

The band named it after the strain!

4 Likes

Haha. I doubt that. I think its a texas thing. Not sure. It has piqued my interest now. Google here i come. Lol

3 Likes

They were a southern band. I believe the title is saying the album was a tendkiller. Going against the grain at the time. Numetal was taking over the radio and pantera was sticking to its roots. The Great Southern Trendkill. Thats essentially what i get from the lyrics of the song with the same title.

3 Likes

I was going on what @TheShowMeHomie wrote in post #30 above. That actually popped up when I just Googled it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Going off the lyrics in the song its definitely a reference to the mtv and radio metal scene at that time and about going against the trend. I will post the lyrics.

6 Likes

Pretty sure the strain in named after the album.

2 Likes

Album came out in 96. I wonder how long the GSTK cannabis line has been around?

4 Likes

The first time I ever heard that name used for a strain of weed was when akbb became super popular around 2019 so I’m guessing if that strain which is supposedly an unreleased skunk from Alaska would have nothing to do with people in Texas. More likely just a respect thing or nod to a great band.

5 Likes

My thoughts as well. The interesting thing is that those lyrics could be applied to the cannabis scene nowadays to an extent.

7 Likes

Would like to see more of AK bean brains work. I have a few Romulan Bx and Blueberry Indica that are about ten days old now, and they germinated and popped above soil quite vigorously.

7 Likes

I live in the Ak and test some of his gear.

Here’s PHK BX from a few months back.

So/Rom (SoHum Black Domina x Romulan)

!

31 Likes

@Grohio
I dont listen to much metal anymore, but ive got a drive to make in the morning so I’m gonna find this album to listen to. I always go back to 90s music that I grew up on.

Had a realization last week that made me feel old. When id ride around w my parents listening to oldies from the 60s, in the 90s, that music was ~30+ years old. Well the shit I grew up on in the 90s is approaching that age, so are 90s alternative and metal going to become this decade’s “oldies”?

Just had this realization- pretty sure '96 was when I smoked for the 1st time (13 yrs old). Knowing the crew I was hanging with then, I’m almost positive we’d have listened to great southern trendkill the day I first tried cannabis.

This entire post is totally not relevant to the thread!

11 Likes

Here is Ak Beanbrains cut of Americanna, grown by myself.

Here is the “Big Fuck” pheno of Tk/NL5 Haze that I found in a pack last winter. AKBB has used her in a few crosses.

33 Likes

Reinventing The Steel is my favorite Pantera album. But, they are all gold in my book.

2 Likes

Those look grade A man!

1 Like

+1 for Vulgar Display of Power

5 Likes