Albannach - Satori Grow

Caught a few tiny fliers in my tent today so it seems i have a fungus gnat infestation :rage: Had to order Gnatrol from an ebay seller in the US cos itā€™s not available in the UK for some reason. You cant get mosqito dunks here and the only other product i know of that contains BTi is Fungus Gnat Off and itā€™s out of stock everywhere i looked. Next grow iā€™ll do coco again but in hempy buckets with a layer of perlite at the top and bottom. That should make it more difficult for the wee shites.

Think a pal has some hydrogen peroxide i might blag some off him tomorrow for a quick kill off job cos itā€™ll take some time for the Gnatrol to get here.

3 Likes

Make sure you have sticky strips and use the 3% hydrogen peroxide, iv been fighting the bastards for a good while now ( being perpetual does not help.! )
Good luck with your pestsā€¦
Off to my bed now ā€¦
Talk tomorrow bro ,

Gaz

2 Likes

Cheers Gaz, iā€™m going to let the coco dry out a little then iā€™ll do a hydrogen peroxide flush. I have some sticky traps on order, not needed them in a while, probably been lucky :grin:

Hope you are on the mend btw bro :thumbsup:

2 Likes

They got a hydrogen peroxide rinse today, not much sign of activity, just the odd flyer and at the size these bushes are now iā€™m not too concerned about it. I hope to keep them down till i chop the plants in roughly 4 weeks time. I had limbs collapsing against the tent walls at the sides and back so some got tied up and a few lower ones got chopped. They are an early, already resin laden tester :sunglasses:

These plants are a revelation thatā€™s for sure , i have never seen bud and resin production quite like it :astonished:

6 Likes

I have a clippers lighter too mineā€™s black with pot leaves in Rastafarian colors lol fucking awesome great for packing those blunts

1 Like

I always buy clippers but the original ones were much better. Folk will still pocket them though (never on purpose of course) :laughing:

4 Likes

I got mine free as a promo for the nearesr dispensary from me
Your plants are looking great fyi

2 Likes

The hydrogen peroxide did a job, i found 6 wee grubs in the tray today and and another bunch under that airpot. Those things are an open invite to flying critters. I removed a load of leaves today and several more collapsed limbs. These Satori are uncontrollable, they are growing into each other, buds crossing over etc. Iā€™ll likely remove the infested one in the airpot fairly soon so i can properly finish the other one. Itā€™s madness to try finishing 2 bushes this big in a 1 X 1M tent but i will have plenty of early satori buds to mix up with the mrs high CBD Kush. Itā€™s a very nice sedative but iā€™m missing a spaced out buzz :grin:

2 Likes

15 Likes

You might make out a little bit of leaf damage, burnt edges mainly on the infested one. Other than that, and the infestation oh and the collapsing limbs it seems very healthy and laden with resin. And iā€™m covered in it too now :laughing:

3 Likes

@anon58740919 Remember me saying i would use a spare HLG-150 for a couple of solstrips in our seedling/clone box. That plan had one tiny flawā€¦it was bollocks :laughing: It wont output less than 3.8A (min) i kind of overlooked that part lol. I have an HLG-40 on order, so much for not spending any more cash on kit for a while eh :grinning:

2 Likes

Lovely plants there @Albannach if you defoliate a wee bit then just kp both, as when theyā€™re finishing up thereā€™s gonna be less leaves and more weedā€¦?!!
Big luscious buds on these :+1:, i hope your able to keep both ( as the bud looks worth it broā€¦)

I hope youā€™re Mrs has something good growing in her auto tent :tent:ā€¦
Anyway im on the mend ( ribs, elbow etcā€¦) , howā€™s the shoulder, hopefully youā€™ll be back at work soon .

Well Iā€™ll be using a 5 x solStrip with a 250 w driver v. Soon, so im pleased with thatā€¦

Talk again soon mateā€¦
Happy growing/smoking ,
Gaz

2 Likes

Cheers pal glad your on the mend :thumbsup: The pics donā€™t really show the full madness or size for that matter, they are monsters :laughing: I took a shopping bag full of leaves off them the other day. Iā€™m trying to defoliate gradually to reduce stress but they just keep pumping out more. There is a big cluster of colas clumped together and crossing over each other in the middle and several are collapsing at the front. Got more tied up to the roof bars today and i removed a few more leaves. No way i can get proper air circulation through this lot and iā€™m already pushing my luck when it comes to mold. Iā€™ll wait a few more days then iā€™ll remove more limbs from the infested one to create a bit of space for the healthiest one.

Good call on that solstrip rig btw, i recon you will be amazed by these things bro :thumbsup:

Herself has a baby green crack and a wee blue amnesia xxl 1 and 2 weeks old. They are her favorite plants (so far) and she wants to see what they can do under her solstrip rig.

They have me doing stuff with a giant rubber band now. Apparently it will fix my shoulderā€¦ her CBD Kush turned out well though :grinning:
We are down your way next week, she has two appointments so itā€™ll be a long day. Iā€™ll give you a bell if we get time cos it would be good to meet up for a coffee somewhere pal. I still havnā€™t got a decent phone btw, spent all my money on artificial sunlight :joy: Beats an aye phone any day though lol.

3 Likes

I did another hydrogen peroxide rinse on the infested plant, itā€™s had quite a bit of leaf edge burn on the tops lately so i thought another dose might be needed. After the rinse a load more larvae things appeared and a load of midges so i decided it had to go before the problem spreads to the other plant. I was pushing my luck anyway so it got pulled today.

3 Likes

Oh noooooo soooooo saaaaaaaaadšŸ˜¢ glad you used your judgement before things could have gotten worse

2 Likes

Itā€™s a shame but i didnā€™t want to take any more chances. The buds are quite full now and laden with resin so iā€™ll get a few ounces of slightly premature but very potent bud from the infected one while the good one gets to finish properly with loads of space to breathe. Itā€™s a ā€˜bat phenotypeā€™ for those that know these plants and when warm it smells of lemons :grin:
Here she is now with the place to herself, the tent got a good clean this afternoon. She then got a good feed which included some Gnatrol.

A quick pic of the infested one just before it got chopped. The rootball is in a bag to contain pests but on close inspection it didnā€™t look that bad.

11 Likes

Shame but hash and edibles will do that justice. Maybe have a crack at an extract too eh bro

3 Likes

Yeh it could be worse bro. The buds are better developed than they look in my pics for some reason. Iā€™m smoking a force dried sample and itā€™s making a mess of me already :laughing: The remaining plant is looking dam good btw :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Iā€™m loving these solstip grows more and more. I canā€™t wait till mines ready :+1: Iā€™m hoping they yield enough so I can do 2 grows a year instead of running constantly.

2 Likes

They are without doubt the best investment iā€™ve made in many years. We would have had to shut down completely this summer without them. The quality/flavour of the gear they produce is a very nice bonus :thumbsup:

2 Likes