Albannach - Satori Grow

Good to hear. I’ve been watching the solstrip threads here on OG and I don’t think I’ve seen one grow that isn’t mega. Talking of mega. I was gonna give megacrop a try but importing it the delivery cost is just as much as the product itself. I’m thinking im gonna give the Raw nutrient range a go instead http://npk-industries.com in hydro bubble buckets. Seems the next best thing to megacrop for us UK growers that I could find. Have you had any experience with them??

2 Likes

I havn’t tried their stuff but if it contains the right minerals it should do the job eh. I have tried a load of different brands over the years but i nearly always have some deficiency issues so i keep going back to canna. Their stuff works very well with the soft water we have in our area so i mainly use canna terra with compost grows. In the last 2 years i’ve also tried pm oldtimer bloom which was way out of balance so got the heave. Then floranova which is nasty muck to work with and it forms crystals in the bottle. Recently i switched to coco and tried AN sensi but i had ph issues and lockout so i’m now using canna coco nutes and finally i’m getting good results again :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. My last grow I used the vitalink hydro range. It worked very well apart for having a little to much nitrogen in their bloom base. It turned the roots brown in colour so I had to use my sense of smell to check for any root rot. The Raw stuff I can buy locally and it’s not that high of a price but also I’ve not seen on any forums people using it. Once my light is sorted I’ll start a new multi strain grow journal and we’ll see how well the nutrients perform. Thanks for your feedback :+1:

2 Likes

I believe if you use RO water you can use pretty much any of them with good results, as long as you add in some calmag of course. With tap water there’s a whole chemistry set already in there so it often comes down to what works well with your water :thumbsup:

1 Like

Just give me a call the day before your hospital trip and I’ll meet up with you or we’ll sort something else…
Or your welcome up for a coffee n smoke bud…
Let me know score asap… cheers see you soon, maybe,
Talk later on bro ,
Gaz
Btw; your Satori are fkn lovely looking… Nice looking weed there …!

3 Likes

My tap water is pretty soft. 150ppm and ph is 7.5. I don’t RO or de chlorinate it. I’ve not really had any major issues where I need to add any calmag to my feeding schedule. I had a WW auto that had a few rust spots here and there that I managed to cure with a bit Epsom salts mixed with plain tap water foliar feeding. I always check ppm and ph and the nutrients usually get the ph to around 6.2 so rarely have to break out the ph down but I do admit to pushing the ppm to the limit. We’ll see this next grow how the Raw range work alongside my monster light that @anon58740919 is currently building for me. Hopefully I do him proud and we get some insane results from the combination :+1:

3 Likes

Cheers Gaz i’ll give you a bell in a bit pal :thumbsup:

1 Like

I have also heard that having at least 4/5 inches of good soil for the initial taproot can encourage females. This all makes sense if you think that a seed has to decide if it is in fertile enough soil and the season is early enough to be a female. Light which is bluer suggesting early summer and soil which is very fertile would to my mind encourage more females.

3 Likes

So your tap water EC will be somewhere between 0.2 and 0.3 then. Mine is usually around 0.25 and our water has virtually no calcium or magnesium. I tried various cal-mag additives but finally cracked it when i tried canna calmag agent at 1ml per litre. This brings our soft water’s EC up to around 0.4 which is perfect when you add the nutrients on top. Have a read through canna’s blurb if you get a chance pal, some well worthwhile info there for soft water growers :thumbsup:

http://www.canna-uk.com/about-calmag-agent

I also use their so called organic acid ph down which is dam good too btw. Plants like to eat it as a nutrient cos it’s citric and sulphuric acid based. Good luck with whatever you decide to use bro.

1 Like

I hear you bro! i came to the conclusion years ago that just like river estuary Clams that can change their sex, some seeds are genetically fixed to be either fully male or fully female, if they survive. Some are not so firmly fixed and can decide what they need to be depending on the available nutrients/growing environment. This is just my own impression though so not exactly scientific :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve looked at the canna range but to be honest I’m aiming to use powdered nutrients from now on. It just makes sense to not have several different bottles laying around. I WILL have a look at the organic calmag you mentioned though. What’s the shelf life of it??

2 Likes

Do you meant their organic acid ph down? i’m still on the same bottle after nearly 2 years and it’s still fine, no real shelf life issues cos it’s mainly acid :thumbsup:

You will probably still need to add some cal-mag cos most nutrient manufacturers assume you’ll have some in your tap water and mix their nutrients accordingly. That calmag agent stuff they make is the dogs bollocks and you can use powdered nutrients with it too. It’s all about making our soft water (EC 0.2) into normal water (EC 0.4) which is what the makers assume most folk have. You can then chuck in any nutrients you want, including powdered, to bring it up to strength.

2 Likes

Yes the organic one mate. I’ve not really had to use the ph down I have here at the moment other than when I’m giving seedlings a spray without nurtients until they root themselves in. If they are organic they obviously shouldn’t be as harsh/chemical as this stuff I use now

2 Likes

I’ve been let down by an ebay seller, the HIG 40 driver didn’t turn up and when i notified him i got an instant refund, no message saying wait a few more days etc. Seems to me he didn’t send it :thinking: It’s for a veg box project which is now on hold for a bit. I can get one from mouser for almost £40 but funds are tight so i decided to take a chance on a cheap driver. Hope it doesn’t go up in smoke…

2 Likes

The remaining satori had another limb collapsed today so it got hung up too. The plant looks good but the humidity has been climbing cos it’s been quite wet here for a couple of weeks now. I’m trying to sort out a loan of a dehumidifier from a womble :thumbsup:

No sign now of any flies in the tent now so it seems they only infested the plant i pulled. Airpots are maybe not such a good idea with coco.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Some new (fem) starts - Chemdawg & Pure Kush kindly donated by @MadScientist also a couple Blackberry x Cookies Kush @Gaz29 donated (cheers pal). I tried to start the surviving Sweet tooth @shroomgod sent but it didn’t germ so i popped in a barneys triple cheese a non member pal donated. It’s not showed up yet but i’m hopeful :laughing:
The two in the airpots are the mrs next autos. Green Crack & Blue Amnesia.

6 Likes

Nice :+1:looking plant there bro when do you get to harvest it.?

Have a good lazy Sunday .
Gaz

Edit; @Albannach it’s Blueberry x Cookies :cookie:Kush bud…

3 Likes

Cheers bro! i’m kind of leaving it up to the Triffid to decide when it’s done. My new starts will have a few weeks till they will have to go in there so maybe it’ll just have to be done by then :laughing:

2 Likes

Edit; @Albannach it’s Blueberry x Cookies :cookie:Kush bud…
[/quote]

Cheers bro :thumbsup: bit too wrecked just now to be doin this :laughing:

2 Likes