Alcohol Infusions?

I always use >90%. So far I just let it soak forever because I didn’t mind the grassy taste. This time I wanted to do it differently but then couldn’t get the alcohol :unamused: I think I’ll do an all-fresh tincture next time and let it decarb on the shelf. I have two mandarin strains that might be great if they are anything like I expect them.

2 Likes

“I went to OG for weed and all I got was a lousy recipe to make sauerkraut.” I just watched a youtube video about it and I think I’ll give it a try. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

There’s always Watermelon to help you out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent! I just had a smidge of Tangerine Dream and then watched it. She seems like a pretty happy woman!

1 Like

Happy, but maybe not high. I am not confident in her short, no heat, alcohol only decarboxylation. Gonna take more than a couple weeks, I think.

1 Like

I really need to set a weekend aside to re-read your Not Just Another Tincture thread again.

Based on your discussion of Lower Proof Alcohol, for someone such as myself that lives in (most of) Canada without easy access to Everclear, what would you suggest is a minimum % alcohol by volume?

2 Likes

The highest available :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Watermelon (Mary Jean Dunsdon) is definitely one of my faves :slight_smile:

The no-decarb thing is something that several of my fellow users swear by. I always decarb. Watermelon had Dr. Hornsby on one of these vids and he said that they had tested many home grown edibles and many were surprisingly high in THCA when it should be THC.

I wonder if she’s altered her process in later videos.

1 Like

Here’s the final summary of that. There’s also a link for the table of contents for that thread at the bottom of the first post so that everyone doesn’t have to wade through the 1107 pages.

Index/Table of Contents

2 Likes

If you used isolate or extract you’d be able to control more accurately how much gets infused than with herb where you’re guessing %s and thing.

Using 2nd wash or trim runs might be efficient but it would probably add some funky flavors, using better quality would be sort of a waste but might taste really good.

1 Like

I’ve got plenty to “waste”, and making extracts is not a part of the plan.

2 Likes

Found this site explains some interesting info on extractions !

2 Likes

The nice thing is it compacts it to a smaller footprint nothing worst like running out of places to tuck totes , or vacuum packs of buds open the sock draw no socks but a pound of weed , right the space under the bed won’t hold a oz let alone another pound ! Lol

Serious though if your dealing with lots of trim or popcorn bud your tired of trimming and usually toss
all the sugar leaf it all makes for good extractions, weed you’ve had for ever saving it for a rainy day toss it into the mix she’s all grams at the end of the day .

I’d just as soon have a big brick of hash or big tub of butter in the freezer ,and socks in my drawer!

1 Like

Ooooh extremely helpful! Fantastic! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

So the data for natural decarb without heat is from @PSam’s Dark Star Genesis Project. Thanks a lot @ReikoX and @PSam for the pointers.

2 Likes

Quebec if near ottawa has alcool global 94%

2 Likes

You’re a giant among mere mortals @greenman!! Lord love ya.

$67 for 1.14 L and 375ml for $25 is kinda painful though.

1 Like

You also can buy Spirytus Gdanski Vodka 76% from LCBO $41.20 700ml bottle but you have to check to see if and what store near you has it in stock ontario canada.

2 Likes

I’ll have to check at BC Liquor. It isn’t listed on the website, but worth checking the store. Thanks.