All these scammers

This is where being cynical pays off. That’s my OPSEC!

2 Likes

With regard to the topic of this thread I do not have enough information to offer any suggestions. I was wondering if there is a thread that outlines clearly how a member increases his or her trust level and where would I find that? Also I see the pips, but what are they and how are they acquired?

2 Likes

Say My Name https://g.co/kgs/qcTgWh

Bit of a stretch, but when students come to me worked up with “somebody did something” line I sing them a modified version :joy:

1 Like

Posting information often results in pips. I gained lots of pips by crapping on trolls.

6 Likes

Trust levels are explained here:

If I remember correctly, the green pips are acquired from getting likes for posts.

3 Likes

This post is useful as well.

3 Likes

These are the feedback posts, you can find them by clicking trading post > trade feedback.
However they are infrequently used and user created.
https://overgrow.com/t/drgonzo13-feedback-thread/93699
https://overgrow.com/t/lovedaautos-trade-feedback-on-og/103656

@LoveDaAutos I’ll pick on you since you’re active right now

2 Likes

So to be sure I’m understanding correctly below is ALL a new member has to do to to get to trust level 1? That would take what about an hour?

They can get to trust level 1 by…

• entering at least 5 topics
  • reading at least 30 posts
  • spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
3 Likes

I won’t defend myself but feel free. I do so love being compared to DrGonzo13

1 Like

Giving an example of “yes, this dude is solid, let me trade with him” and then DrG.

1 Like

Missing nothing in here i see…

I feel same way as shag does, think it’s bullshit, but realize more rulez are not the answer. The gall thye have to join up, then instantly dm for a cut, just blows my mind. No comments in my thread, no nothing.

From now on, anyone who gets anything from me will be one who partisipates in my threads, or i offer it up.

All i have to say on this

13 Likes

I heard that @lophophora.ca guy is the worst of them all. Everybody go check out his thread to see all of the scams he has going on, and be sure to like his posts to bring awareness to all of his shady doings.

Can’t beat this kind of exposure.

13 Likes

I am trying to eat my lunch and you are causing me to choke.

3 Likes

Yes, that is correct, and it makes my point for me.
@DrGonzo13 would still be here scamming seeds if he was not forcibly stopped.
So it would have continued on maybe forever?
Should we expect the same thing to happen with the next scammer?
Where do we draw the line?

Make no mistake the current line drawn is when you screw the site out of money.
That seems a bit too late for me.

I know I’ve seen it mentioned here a number of times by some longtime Overgrow members. On a different site they offer two levels for members. To move from level one to level two you start a grow journal, start from seed and go all the way through jarring up the fruits of your labor. Doing this you’ve become invested in the site and have put in some effort to reach “the next level” .

Something to consider as I believe it would eliminate a certain element.

5 Likes

Discussion is good : )

2 Likes

Issue is not everyone is in a safe place to publicly document all of their grows, and it still would not affect the hard core scammers. Hugh_glass and drgonzo13 both had journals here.

7 Likes

Trust level is not a good indication of trust at all.
Trust level only indicates you are a regular poster ect.
It is not hard to get Trust level 3, not hard at all.
And trust level 3 does not mean you can be trusted, how can it if it is only based on post count etc.

A trade based trust level would be a great addition.
You could see what was given and what was received.
That would be awesome. :partying_face:

But as I have been told, this is not my site and I should mind my own business.
So I am throwing it out there if anyone wants to bit, but please see is as nothing more than that.

Some folks are still in unfriendly areas. It would be unfair to members who don’t feel safe posting a grow.

5 Likes

Yes they played the longer game for the bigger reward
But they were still relatively new yet overly trusted by a lot of members