ALS, anyone knows what helps

Hey everyone,

So I was contacted me through other channels than overgrow about a patient with ALS and if I could help him get set up. What strains help the most with that sort of thing? I have crohns so my goals are different. Any sort of help from a musclar / nerodegenerative approache would help.
-petal

8 Likes

There’s another recent thread where @anon81143130 is sourcing strains for an ALS patient and there were a number of suggestions.

Found it

10 Likes

Indeed, check it out. I listed numerous strains medically attributed with ALS-relieving properties. Good luck, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you all . I will look it up.

2 Likes

i have among other things trigeminal neuralgia, as far as the nerve pain regular pain meds dont do anything, actually they give me tons of these anti seizure meds for it, however, alot of strains help, I believe that they reduce the anxiety of worrying about how bad the next attack is, and that in-turn reduces the number of attacks. But before i met a certain neurologist Dr.s even had me on Fentanyl patches, does no good for nerve pain though.

Sorry to hear that. I’m in pain 24/7. I get major relief with weed. Heavy pain pills I want take. They don’t work. Morphine is for when you really need it. I did a sucker once I could see how people get hooked on it.

1 Like

Find out what strains it is maybe someone on here can help you out with some seeds

1 Like

I’m not a big smoker. I started growing because my wife was diagnosed with a severe case of glaucoma. During a check up a couple of months ago, the optometrist told my wife they here eye pressure was down to normal and that he had never seen anything like it before.
He asked my wife what was she taking. When my wife replied that she smoke bud.
He replied, that has to be some good as weed. Then apologizes to my wife for saying that to here. My wife told him, it is. This little auto flower of mine had helped a lot of people get through problems associated with nerves.
I have hereditary bone and joint issues. Flipping a big truck didn’t help either. So recently I found out I have bones spurs at the base of my spine. It took over a year to diagnose me. My back would hurt so badly, that it’s hard to walk sometimes. It’s a constant pain that never goes away unless I smoke. But like I say, I’m not a big smoker.
This morning I took a hit off my wife’s vape pen that I made her. She has been bragging about how good it is, so I wanted to try it.
One hit left me feeling great for hours, I wasn’t overly buzzed, I was just in a nice low stress state.
After we took our usual walk today, I told my wife, that this is the first time that i havent felt the pain in my in a while. I walk an easy mile daily, maybe a little more. But that after hitting that vape, I really felt good. It felt good not to be on edge because of the pain.
I could be wrong, but waiting several months to complete a grow, is a tough calll. Especially when a person needs meds ASAP. It just my opinion.

3 Likes

:joy:. I think I’m getting ready to have on of those things you had. Not trying to talk about it. Don’t want to. I going tomorrow. I think I get this leg fixed it will help.

2 Likes