Stephen Hawking kush and ALS

A family member of mine was just diagnosed with bulbar ALS which is the most aggressive form and comes with a very short life expectancy. He is about 60 yrs old and a life long gym rat and a PE teacher by day. He is not a smoker and has never dabbled in cannabis or any other drugs for that matter.

After receiving his diagnosis he has made up his mind that cannabis could certainly add a few years to his life a possibility make him more comfortable.

After doing some research I think Stephen hawking kush would be and excellent strain with high cbd but also moderate thc. I guessing this individual would really enjoy being high and probably has a very low tolerance.

Problem is im having a hard time finding it at any reputable seedbanks. The only site I found it on wants $170 most of the other sites are out of stock. If anyone here has this strain I would very interested in buying some. Im not looking for free seeds on even a good deal. Just don’t want to pay $170.

I would love to be able to supply him with as many meds as he could possibly ever need. Just need the beans or if anyone here has any experience with ALS or strain suggestions.

7 Likes

That’s a tragic and heartbreaking diagnosis. Such a terrible nightmare of a disease…

The creators of SHK, Alphakronik, have it on their site for $200. If you can find a legit pack for $170, that’s actually a good price. Of course, you may be able to find them cheaper, but are you guaranteed to get the real deal? I dunno.

Here’s the link:

CLICK HERE

1 Like

I’m not familiar with this strain or any strains that are a good ailment for ALS, unfortunately. I will do a quick search of some of the seed banks I’m familiar with though. Also I would be willing to chip in on a go fund me or something if you can’t find anything else!

Also, I’m sorry to hear this news…

4 Likes

Our family is absolutely heart broken. Not crazy about dropping $200 on beans. I may try to research some other strains. It appears both thc and cbd are equally effective for different reasons for ALS so maybe just something indica 1:1

I was also looking at black jack from sweet seeds. Thats 1:1 and seems to have some good reviews.

2 Likes

@NorthNorthNugs… thats very thoughtful I truly appreciate the offer but not looking for handouts just possibly something a little less expensive as I’m not every sure that strain would help but I keep seeing that strain pop up on several sites for ALS.
There are also strains listed like sour d and purple urkle but I fairly certain this particular individual wouldn’t like being stoned.

2 Likes

If I knew for sure the Stephen hawking kush would help even just a little bit I would absolutely pay that price.

1 Like

Look into the cultivar named ‘TESLA’(as in Nikola Tesla) from the same breeder, if low THC is a concern. What you seek is ganja that goes to work on the nervous system, inflammation in particular. New studies have linked inflammation and the degradation of neurons related to ALS. Have a look at Good Medicine. It was included in the recent Spring Box and @nube may be able to help you get some to grow meds for your family.

3 Likes

Thank you @RoryBorealis not looking for really low thc just something balanced. The thc is supposed to be helpful for the dry mouth effects as it will grow increasingly harder to swallow saliva

1 Like

I can’t imagine how this news must’ve hit your family… I just read the description and it actually sounds just like what I’m looking for! How about we split a pack??

1 Like

@NorthNorthNugs … he is in Florida atm receiving treatments and will be home in 2 weeks. I plan to visit and talk with him but if it sounds like something he would be into i would be down with splitting a pack.

1 Like

Beautiful! Keep me posted man!

1 Like

Will do, thank you

1 Like

Honestly, it’s all good. I’ve been literally on the hunt for strains just like this. Happy to get involved.

1 Like

I got a freebie 3 pack from JBC of force sense - a cross with stephen hawking kush. Id be happy to send it your way if it would go to good use!

7 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I can’t help on the Stephen Hawking Kush but I’m doing a seedrun on some Pennywise which is a great medicinal strain. 12-15% of both THC and CBD, definitely helps with pain and the high is pretty mellow but nice. I’m still in early veg so it’ll be a minute but remind me when you see me start offering up the seeds in the future. I want to give them to as many people as I can but there’s a few that will have priority because of medical issues and this would definitely qualify for the priority list.

5 Likes

@ramblinrose i would love to try those and im more than happy to seed seeds your way as well.

@Slick1 that also sounds like something I’d be interested in running. Please keep me in mind if I over look that.

3 Likes

I just made a list of the few members I can think of off the top of my head for the first dibs and added you to it. :beers:

3 Likes

The generosity and compassion i see here on a daily basis is just mind blowing. I truly mean that, there is not enough of that in this me first world.

1 Like

Thank you so much…these seeds won’t be tucked away for a later date. I plan on getting the ball rolling asap so maybe he will have a few choices.

I have stuff I can give him to try from my head stash but im afraid that might scare him off from cannabis all together.

3 Likes

Yeah definitely start him off slow so he can ease into it. One bad experience can turn someone off completely.

If it helps my gf would smoke stronger strains with me here and there and if it got too much I’d give her a hit of Pennywise. It would totally mellow it out for her and she’d be back to enjoying it.

4 Likes