Medical cannabis strains for parkinsons and dementia

So a friend of a friend was diagnosed with dementia and parkinsons. They took some of my Stress killer to try and see if it helps but is there any specific strains out there I could get some seeds for? I’ve been looking about on other sites but haven’t found anything specific for either of those two illnesses.

While I’m asking, anyone know some good strains for hypothyroidism?

2 Likes

You may be better off looking at symptoms. I would not know where to begin with something so serious as Parkinsons, but if you look at whatever meds they are prescribing, maybe you can supplement those.

I would think couch lock at first, but maybe something that is uplifting and stimulating.

There is a Category for Medical on OG. Maybe start with those threads too. Welcome to mota20's Medical Club

From what I was getting from my friend, the guy is having the worst issues with muscle pain and low mood at the moment. Which is why I thought Stress killer and maybe GSC for pain but was hoping there might be something more specific out there available.

I was just having a look through seeds on The vault, there’s a couple of high CBD’s that look promising. Another of the Royal queen seeds strains - Fast eddy, and one from CBD crew - CBD med gom. I’m tempted to give them a go.

My dad had parkinsons. The depression - due to the loss of control, and inability to do things he wanted, was the worst part for him, but the pain was a major factor too. There is a lot of pain to deal with and he had to stay dopped to the gills to handle it.

That was years before I started growing or knew anything about medical weed. I wish I had known then, what I know now. I would have given him stuff for the pain first, which would have also let him sleep better. Then I would have snuck in something for the mood. I would have had to do this on the sly, because he was certain that pot was a gateway drug that would fry your brain.

Good luck. I hope you can help your friends friends.

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s helpful info. I’ll pass along some of the GSC for him to try as there’s a pretty good painkiller then. Sorry about your dad, don’t beat yourself up to hard about what you couldn’t have known then. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

3 Likes

The seed sellers don’t make it easy to figure out the terpene profiles, but the strain you want for pain and mood will have:
moderate CBD, moderate THC, for pain
high pinene, some limonene, some camphene, for mood elevation
and low myrcene, for no sedation effects.

forgive the bad grammar, I’m driving and typing at stop lights :pensive:

3 Likes