An envelope method of sending cuts(unrooted), potentially across the border

I also tried a simple pair of folded index cards. I just put a bunch of cuts in the fridge. I wanna make up some testers to send to myself

3 Likes

Dm me your address and let’s trade! Id love to see what you make. Theres many ways to get to the same end. :wink:

2 Likes

I like this idea rhino! I wonder about using some of that corrugated plastic (yard signs), cut to fit inside an envelope w a window opening cutout for the clips.

Edit: oh that’s what chloroplast is, you just answered that, sorry:)

1 Like

I had to look it up too @catapult :joy:. It’s coroplast also, not to correct you. I’m assuming for corrugated-plastic ? It could work. I have tons of old signs… maybe I’ll try it. It’s just not quite as easy to work with as chipboard and some okay scissors. I’m going to think on it a bit more.

1 Like

Lol, no please do :fire::dash:

2 Likes

Nice method, low cost and less scrutiny, so like it. Would be fun to try but not currently holding any cuts to send. Sorry gang! :smile:

2 Likes

@Rhino_buddy got your mail today good news the chop stick method works and saved em from to much crush damage.
bad news heat has them on life support crunchy leafs going to do my best to bring them back from death!

17 Likes

I’d suggest little to no light and some foliar watering.

6 Likes

ya there pretty dam rough lol. we will see how they hold up

4 Likes

Wow! I was expecting no life! It was hot as heck just days after I sent those. Looks like there’s a shot at maybe one of them recovering. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: Thanks for posting about those @204medismoke ! I’m always happy to try again. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But cuts to Canada in an envelope!!!
Fuck yeah!

12 Likes

yep i think in fall winter it would work easily lol. dont think there gonna make it though kinda took a turn for worse but im still holing on haha

4 Likes

Nice DIY trick @Rhino_buddy! I had success in the past with almost the same technique, but using a CD case rather. Easy to find for free too. Just remove the inner piece that holds the CD, put the zip bag(s) in fold in a bubbled envelope. Worked well.

4 Likes

Ive actually used cd/DVD cases in the past. Those definitely work great. Nice and rigid, but my goal was to send them in a standard envelope with one stamp. Sadly if it’s more than an envelope, you have to declare it when sending across the border. Thanks for reminding us of the old tricks @funkyfunk . :pray:

7 Likes

Didn’t think about the border troubles, good catch! And good to know there’s a way to workaround :grinning:

chers!

3 Likes

I’m betting those cuts have bit the dust by now, huh, @204medismoke ?

Any chance you wanna send something back in that mailer? I’d love to try to root something you’re growing. :wink:

2 Likes

ya there pretty much dead lol. im pretty sure i tossed the mailer in a bin somewhere moving at the end of the month. hope i didnt toss it. only things i have right now are my testers in veg you can see my journal if you like id be happy to send you a cut from one of them when there big enough and the weather should be alot cooler also ? or one of each cross!

moving due to mold so everything is packed up or tossed all moms included. my new journal is being grown at a friends until i find a place and get settled.

1 Like

I was just thinking it’d be nice to try sending back across. I’ll check out your thread. :wink: Sucks you’re having to relocate for mold. Yuck.

Sorry those cuts aren’t going to root, I’ll make sure you get them later on. :+1:

4 Likes

all good bro i will for sure send you back anything i have no questions asked! ya the mold is pretty bad its even coming out of the vents i was diagnosed with copd earlier this year and been having bad breathing problems and am wondering if that had anything to do with it. just let me know which strain your interested in on my journal :ok_hand:

3 Likes

If you still have some of those gushmints x Dante’s inferno going, I’d love to try to root one of those. I’d be happy with any cut really. Ita all about success now. I know cooler weather will be of great benefit.

5 Likes

awesome. i will make sure you get first dibs bro you always been a real one to me. :+1:

6 Likes