An envelope method of sending cuts(unrooted), potentially across the border

So Ive been thinking about how to send some cuts to Canada, and I’ve also been playing with sending cuts to folks in the states with some success, minus the loss from heat. It’s best to send with cooler weather, since you’re using just one stamp snail mail to ship these. Here’s my method, so hopefully others can use it to share.

Supplies:

Envelope
Stamp
Stiff cardstock
Tape
Chopsticks - the small ones. Must be < or = to ¼ inch
Ziplock- cut off excess top material to reduce weight
Cuts- I usually fit about 3 small cuts in there and wrap the ends with a damp paper towel piece.

First cut the cardstock(LaCroix box), so it’s about a half inch smaller than the envelope, both length and width. Then trim the chopsticks, if needed to fit within the cardstock length.

Then you need to get the cuts ready. I trim most of the extra fans to prevent excess weight. Wrap a small piece of paper towel around the base of the cuts. I do this in a flat manner folding the towel piece over all the ends.

Then slide them in the ziplock so they will fit within one fold of the bag.

Fold it up with almost all the air out and zip it shut. You don’t want the paper towel too wet. Then just tape the ziplock between the chopsticks to prevent roller death.

Then hope the weather is cool, the mail is swift, and Costco enjoys these cuts. :rofl:

I’ll put some tape on the edges of the envelope to help prevent the rollers from breaking thru. Also I like to tape the insides of all my letter to the inside of the envelopes so the can’t just fall out.

If anyone has any suggestions to improve on this please put them down in the thread. :pray::pray::pray:

115 Likes

Never sent clones before, but looks like a good safe clever way to send them. :sunglasses::+1::v:

6 Likes

Nice documentation. Bet that will fly on through. :sunglasses: :metal:

4 Likes

These cuts are Hella jelly for @204medismoke. I haven’t forgotten about you friend. It’s just been hot and I’ve been busy. This cool weather made me feel like trying to send some again. :wink:

6 Likes

I had this idea once and thought about using multiple washers. I like the sticks a bit more. Might just trim em back a little so they’re not so close to the edge of the lopes. Kudos though my friend. I dig it.

6 Likes

They are a bit close to the ends of the cardstock. I’d prefer them be a tad shorter. It’ll be okay with some tape though. Also you need to make sure the sticks aren’t larger than ¼ thick. :+1:

Thanks for your input @Rhai88
Always trying to improve the method.

5 Likes

Our powers combined right? We just might overgrow the world. :wink:

8 Likes

Brilliantly documented. Thank you for sharing this. I have a suspicion it will catch on like wildfire.

4 Likes

Thanks @PatioMat ! I tried to make it pretty straightforward. Hope people are sharing cuts a bit easier. Also a bit worrysome with the HLvd going crazy. 🤷

4 Likes

oh i know you havent forgot and the heat has finally cooled a bit. always appreciate you brotha. i dont have much faith in this method just cause of time and distance but hoping for the best! fingers crossed i want the hella jelly! and a big thanks for trying again this method is alot more sturdy than the last one

3 Likes

Is there a Guinea Pig list?

I looked in the mirror early today and whatdayaknow, I transmogrified into a Guinea Pig. I swear it.

5 Likes

That’s for sure! That was one of the first attempts. :wink:

I’ve had a few successes but the few attempts I. The hot weather have been less than fruitful. I was going to compost those anyway so might as well stick a stamp on them and try. :crossed_fingers: Hope you can get some roots on them.

2 Likes

i will try my best. i seem to be alot better at cloning than popping seeds so if they arrive in decent shape i have confidence i can nurse em back :muscle:

3 Likes

I would use another chopstick
Break in half
And place them at opposite ends
To form a rectangle with the other two
So if envelope goes thru rollers wide width way first they still protected

: )

15 Likes

Brilliant Idea! I’ll give this a try!
Before i used this ones,

but your method is way more elegant and subtle!
Thanks a lot!

8 Likes

Very well crafted :star_struck:!!!
I hope they reach their destination well…

2 Likes

Those are nice for rooted cuts but cost exponentially more. :wink: I appreciate them for what they are. We’ll see how successful this ends up being. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I like this idea @ifish , and I’m not saying no, but I think the letter shouldn’t be able to go through the sorter that way. Check out how they work.

But for an added safety measure, it’s probably worthwhile. Thanks for your input friend. :pray:

14 Likes

Your right , you never know what other dangers lie in there or out

11 Likes

:arrow_double_up:. Hahahaha.

Exactly!

3 Likes