An envelope method of sending cuts(unrooted), potentially across the border

Not yet. Hopefully today.

Glad some made it with no postage due stamp.

2 Likes

[quote=“Rhino_buddy, post:402, topic:117949, full:true”
Was there a postage due stamp on your envelope?
[/quote]

I got the “postage due” note on my door today,

It says 4.72 is owed, i assume its from @rhino_buddy
Ill swing by the postie tomorrow and grab it
Fingers crossed that they are in a cool spot :v:

2 Likes

I’d dispute it maybe. That’s a bunch of extra for something that’s within regs. Well, I actually measured my envelopes and they’re ⅜" long. I don’t think that’s the reason, but could be. I’m gonna start folding them in to be sure that’s not the reason.

I checked each envelope and only 2 were over an oz and I added an extra stamp for those.

If you do go get them @JAYY_2the_R-O_WHAh , could you ask them why there was extra postage due? It seems to be so hit or miss.

4 Likes

Can do good buddy :+1:
Ill see what all the hubbub is about @rhino_buddy

2 Likes

This shows their requirements for size/weight @JAYY_2the_R-O_WHAh

Thanks so much for inquiring friend!

Looking like the 3d shippers will be beneficial for uniformity. :metal:t3:

1 Like

@Bobgrows - purple banana cream and epiphany cuts made it and look GOOD!

@Pigeonman - sending cuts from the neighboring city was a bad idea. Lots of the envelopes I sent within the US were marked additional postage due, and the one I sent to you was returned to me with a letter saying I need to bring it to the desk and they sent me a declarations form with it. The cuts still look great, but I’m gonna just root them myself and replace them.

And make sure I send them from my post office. Ugh. Stupid that it’s up to one person’s discretion. They fit the requirements. Well 3/8ths inch long, but no one’s said anything except that office so far. I’ll send more cuts your way soon @Pigeonman .

10 Likes

Nice to see they made it and still look good! :v:

3 Likes

Yeah I think that most offices want don’t want to do a customs form because it takes forever for them to hand type it in the system, so anything that they can send as ‘documents’ or with an international stamp they will. However, some offices are sticklers for rules.

4 Likes

Thanks for all this fun @Rhino_buddy !

2 Likes

Definitely do not like that

1 Like

Sounds about right. Sadly the place I dropped them is a small city nextdoor and they’ve got way too much time it seems. I just wonder why the other 8 envelopes were sent off and not returned to me? Just seems silly.

Here’s the letter I got in her best Santa Claus writing:

Thanks postmaster Paula.

At least this sets a precedent for where to go to drop them. Bigger it’s the better. :person_shrugging:

6 Likes

Protip, you can full out the customs declaration and all of that online to print with postage.

1 Like

This is great sending cuts.

My mail lady “in Canada” told me the US is becoming more sticky on what is being sent in an envelope and may be returned. She said it should be just paper.
One return was one persons letter that had some embossing on the paper making it thicker, a birthday card. WTF I hope this is not our future, but like with most businesses, it’s all about the profit. Boo

4 Likes

Damn it @Turpman. Thanks for that shitty info. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Can’t even send birthday cards there anymore. Lol.

It’s true. I hate money. It doesn’t get anything done. Just allows folks to ‘pass the buck.’

Thanks for sharing that friend.

Stupid U.S. :fu:

4 Likes

Honestly maybe a way around it would be to put them in a ‘manilla’ envelope, with the cuts taped to the middle. It would cost under 2 bucks anyway, but you would get up to 3/4inch and would have more room so that they could bend on both sides. Im not sure if it would help internationally, but I bet you would get none back that way

3 Likes

Hey friends!

I picked up the mailer at the postie,

I asked about why it required more $$, the guy said because its not flexible, and its got to go through rollers. So then i asked if it should be sent as non machinable, since there would be no rollers, and he agreed that it would be ok to send that same letter in that fashion.
shrug
@rhino_buddy two lines above your highlighted text, it does callout being flexable.

Hmmmmm…
Might be better to send as non machinable, even if it takes a extra few days, but the heat is creepin upon us so were damned either way lol

Cuts look good!
Blueberry + crippy are having a nice soak under some gentle LED light.
Thanks homie! :v: :green_heart:

6 Likes

Sent some cuts to the UK today with this method. Hope postage isn’t an issue. I used two international stamps. 3 cuttings in a ziplock. Fingers crossed we get some Dogwalker OG across the pond.

6 Likes

Yes. Yes it does. I did read that but it didn’t click in my head. Maybe there’s some flexible chopsticks out there. :joy:

Guess I should pick up some non machinable stamps. I’m thinking it’ll still be an effective method. It’s been working pretty well until I sent from that small town post.

Glad your cuts look good @JAYY_2the_R-O_WHAh thanks for asking. 🫶🏼

Let me know how the dogwalker journey goes @CruJones ! I’m stoked to hear the results.

4 Likes

Now I’m worried I didn’t use non-machinable stamps. Do they make non-machinable Global stamps? If not, how many non-machinable regular stamps are needed for international? Last question: do you need to bring the letter to the desk if you’re sending with non-machinable stamps?

Thanks, really want to make this work.

3 Likes

Non machinable stamp are like .40, but you can just put a global stamp and a regular stamp, or 3 regular stamps should cover it also. As long as the stamp amounts come to the stamp amount plus at least .40, you’re good

4 Likes