An envelope method of sending cuts(unrooted), potentially across the border

@rhino_buddy
I owe you my dude, big time!
Ill get more snips out your way

4 Likes

Wonder why some just don’t even give a try at all. Probably something I’m doing on my end. I can try the government oasis again @Pigeonman . Supposed to be killer for resin.

No worries @JAYY_2the_R-O_WHAh . I’d love those cuts. I’m always down to try again, but no rush. I think there’s a certain finesse to this too. I know I don’t have it yet. Lol
But so far I’ve had really good luck rooting snips that looked like they had any life in them. I was pretty sure I’d have gotten that one Dr grinspoon to root at least, but it wouldn’t have it. 🤷

6 Likes

Landed!

I think Giesel got crushed somehow but she’s in a plug we’ll see. Rest look great :cowboy_hat_face:

I don’t know if the rubber wire is responsible for the plant crushing I think she just had a tough ride. Meant to take a picture of the setup before the cuts came out but I tore into it like a kid at Christmas :rofl:

Thanks @Rhino_buddy for the wonderful surprise :grin:

15 Likes

That giesel does look rough. Was it in the middle? Hope she makes it. The wire is just in the first attempt, but seems like it worked. I think the broken chopsticks work just as well, maybe better. Glad they made it @FieldEffect . It seems to be working better and better. :+1:t3:🫶🏼

13 Likes

@Rhino_buddy sent me a gift :gift: it traveled for 14 days and arrived in pretty impressive condition.

Got them sitting in some water for now.

Much appreciated :pray: :relaxed:

Will post again next week when they are grown a little.

16 Likes

Snips have arrived @Rhino_buddy

Unfortunately the giesel got a pretty good squishing and didn’t survive. :slightly_frowning_face: The deathstar and mother of berries fared much better and shouldn’t have any problems rooting. :crossed_fingers: I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks again my friend :pray:

14 Likes

Yay!!!

Wonder how just the one was squished. It was in the middle?

Let me know how the others fare. Thanks for letting me know they showed @j0ebob. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@CADMANs giesel was toast too. Maybe it’s the cut?

4 Likes

It’s weird because the leaves seemed ok but the stem was flat and mushy… Who knows, maybe it just didn’t like being in a baggie for that long :man_shrugging:

It was the one at the bottom next to the green wire

3 Likes

I went to the post office this morning and found an envelope from @Rhino_buddy . I got home and gently removed the contents and put them through my snip intake triage protocol and here they are. They were mailed on April 8th so they spent 7 days enroute. I grabbed this photo right before putting the dome on the cloner. Definitely not an expert as these are the first snips I’ve received but I think if they’re still standing in 2-3 days they’ll most likely make it.
Thanks for sharing these @Rhino_buddy

20 Likes

They look great for traveling through the postal system, @LoveDaAutos. Especially through their rollers! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Looks like you’ve got a good shot of at least one of them making it. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for sharing, friend!

8 Likes

Here is a quick follow-up. That one on the left really took off after putting it in my cloner. Just a few hours later.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I tend to joke a lot.

9 Likes

Glad to see Mother of Berries being shared!

7 Likes

update!
@Rhino_buddy
the crippy and oregon blueberry have rooted and have been repotted!

yeeee
now a waiting game for the others

PEACE
-Jayy

4 Likes

What did you get?

:gift:

3 Likes

I want the same cloner, very effective!

1 Like

Am I allowed to say?

I will give you a hint. It was a mob scene at the PO

5 Likes

Why send unrooted? There is so much more chance that the clones wil survive if you send them with starting roots.

3 Likes

They won’t fit in an envelope

1 Like

Not really. A snip can stay in a fridge for a month or longer and still root, they are plenty durable, you can ship more, etc etc etc.

2 Likes

Yes it will fit, just make clones and once they make roots you pull them out of the cloning media. Yes the roots will breaking off but once they were shipped and the clones are in some soil they directly make new roots.

3 Likes