An envelope method of sending cuts(unrooted), potentially across the border

Trufflez landed and look decent! Gonna stick em in the quarantine cloner later. :pray:t3: @santero

@Jim - I love that you tried wax. I’ve thought about it but just never tried it. Now I’ll have to see about sending some waxed cuts. :sunglasses:

I’m hoping to be back to full steam again soon. Haven’t said to much but there was a death in the family, and there was some drama.

Gonna go check on my plants.

19 Likes

my condolences brotha

3 Likes

@Rhino_buddy
i’m very happy she arrived safe and sound, hopefully she roots :slight_smile:
please make sure that she travels to anyone wanting her, please !!

please hit me back with the same package. i feel like the extra-layer
of karton inside the envelope makes them stay happy for a bit longer.
( maybe a good thing for oversea-pigeons :wink: )

15 Likes

Sorry about the death in the family man, that’s never easy. Hopefully sending cuts can distract you the amount you need :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 15 and the wax dipped cuts are still going. The leaves are just starting to get a little wilted, but the stems are nice and stiff. I’m going to keep this going as long as the snips will let me. I might try to root one bag on day 21 and keep the others going until they get nasty looking. 3 weeks seems to be about the average amount of time that it took me to get seeds from Europe back in the day, so it seems like a good goal to shoot for

19 Likes

Those are not refrigerated, correct?

2 Likes

Not bad :thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

He said in his drawer, so I’m thinking not. @Jim ??

My refrigerated cuts from February 26th still are looking decent.

About time to try to root em.🤷

19 Likes

Yeah, it’s in the dresser staying between 68F and 72F

9 Likes

Love this experiment! People can cut n paste Google all day long but proof is in this type of trial n error n succes. So big thank you for the posts🍻

6 Likes

No problem, my friend! I hate throwing away a bunch of potential clones every time I clean up my mother plants, so this at least let me use some of them

6 Likes

This is an awesome tip. Thanks for the cool idea. Nice way to send clones.

1 Like

Couple choice shots from the remnant prairie in my backyard. :heart_eyes::metal:t3:

19 Likes

Cone flowers are huge there! Beautiful!

1 Like

Ice Pie and Blue Dream @Bobgrows @Rhino_buddy

12 Likes

They’re abundant out there this year! That butterfly milkweed is insane this year too. Can’t wait for the blazing star to pop! It’s gonna be like fireworks out there!

5 Likes

Hey @santero ! Forgot my phone to take photos, but one of the three trufflez #4 has roots! Yay!

9 Likes

your pigeon JUST showed, brother !!
the snips look superthin, but are still alive *yessss * :yum:

the baggie read “tart cherry” … hopefully she roots !
what can you tell me about this lady? :slight_smile:

__

the t4 rooting is VERRRRY good news :partying_face:
please share her far and wide, she is called “T4 beastie girl”.
(caution please: this lady shows single nanas, if stressed.)

15 Likes

Great news!

I’ll do my best to spread her around.

Hope the tart cherry root for you! They are from @middleman. Genetics are from Grand Traverse. I haven’t flowered them yet, but hear they are great plants. :crossed_fingers::sunglasses:

10 Likes

@Rhino_buddy

Bubba Kush Burgers Cut

Pink Lemonade

Mendo Breath

So far so good. The Green Crack was culled a week or two ago but everything else made it my friend! :pray: I hope all is well with you!

16 Likes