An envelope method of sending cuts(unrooted), potentially across the border

Nice @OGSince03 !!!

Sorry about the GC. That one roots for me without trying, so I must of got a crappy cut when I sent her out. The rest are looking awesome!

This fall I’m gonna be ready to send out tons of great elites and other killer goodies from OGers. It’s gonna be great! :sunglasses:

12 Likes

This thread is legendary in real time! Massive respect to @Rhino_buddy and everyone else who is working on this! Fascinating experimentation with the wax @Jim, the results you’re sharing are exciting. Many blessings and much love

5 Likes

I have some fantastic news.

We have been successful with sending out clones from Sweden to France and Sweden to Germany with a 3D printed envelope method.

I know that some of you are 3D print experts in here(wink wink @Bobgrows), much better then me. So i want to share the modell so that you can export it and print it or improve it further so that we can grow as a community.

You print two of these and add the content in the middle, then use one layer of “painters tape” around it and it will be super sturdy and handle everything thrown at it.

Pz :v:t2:

20 Likes

Very cool!

I’m not home ATM. But, yes! Thank you we will make one I will first send to you in Sweden to see how that journey fairs, if that’s something you works like to entertain?
We can try @Jim method .

8 Likes

Thank you for being so kind. :pray:t2:

I’m unfortunately in the middle of a move to a new town and I’m not able to receive anything at the moment. When things settle down we should do a US → EU test.

Meanwhile, try it out and iterate on the idea. We are smarter and stronger together :fire:

Pz :v:t2:

9 Likes

We are smarter and stronger together :fire:

Very true statement! :point_up_2:

Let’s see what we can do. :v:

9 Likes

Still green on day 22. There’s a little bit of browning on one tip, but otherwise everything is in good shape

I’ll be ready to ship out some snips later this week if anyone wants to try anything I have. I’ll have Mendo Breath, Kush Mints, Sour Diesel, and GG4 ready to go. I don’t know which cut the Sour Diesel is. I haven’t done a viroid test, but I haven’t taken in any new clones in almost a year and I’ve grown out everything I have. I’m willing to try to send anywhere

27 Likes

I’ll take a gg4 to the uk ?

10 Likes

Send your details whenever you get a chance @ifish

11 Likes

So the wax dip looks like a winner?

Going to send some cuts next week I really like the idea

7 Likes

Tomorrow is 4 weeks and they’re still green. They are in an air conditioned room so I’m sure that helps some. I have one headed to the UK, and when it gets there we’ll report back.

8 Likes

Fingers crossed it makes a safe journey :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

@Jim I think you’re really on to something!
Gotta try this method out.
Thank you for sharing. :v:

9 Likes

I hope it works out. I used to work in a flower shop with my mom, and she said we used to do this all the time with roses so maybe it was just something I didn’t know I remembered lol

9 Likes

I have enough to send out 5 more envelopes if anyone else wants to give this a shot. I’ll be trimming up my mother plants this weekend so let me know. I have GG4, Kush Mints, Sour Diesel, and Mendo Breath. @Rhino_buddy if you want me to do this in the free seeds thread so that I’m not clogging up this one, just let me know

16 Likes

Post away on here @Jim ! It’s the right spot, especially since you’re honing this method. I’m gonna have to snag a couple of those cuts from you eventually. It’s warm out here right now though. :hot_face:

Keep up the good work man!

7 Likes

It is starting to get warm. I have one on the way to UK (from Missouri, USA) and I’ll be sending a couple more out to state side members tomorrow. I’ll make sure to update the thread when we see the results

8 Likes

Lookin good @Jim

No mushyness or rot , stems ridged
Game on
: )

24 Likes

I’m glad they made it. Now I’m not so worried about the few I have going out in the US. It’s starting to get hot here lol. It was 90F/32C when they left. I hope they grow well for you

13 Likes

The wax I feel stopped transpiration ( slowed or stopped uptake ) making them travel well , even in the heat ( no mushyness or rot in leafs or stem )
Inside bag was no excessive moisture , even in this heat

15 Likes