And we're off! In search of frost ❄

Could we harvest most of the plant and leave a few buds to go well past harvest in the hope that it will “self” itself to hopefully create some seeds?? I’m assuming chopping best part of the plant will hopefully stress the remainder enough.

2 Likes

Why, to breed another intersex plant? There is a reason Soma abandoned this method. It is selecting for late flower intersex.

4 Likes

You can make a tincture, but be very thorough removing the seeds they will leave an off taste. Ever burned a seed in a bowl? Ya, like that. The olive oil extraction will not get that taste.

4 Likes

Just an experiment that I’m willing to try with my Charlotte’s angel plant to try and gain some more seeds for the future. You don’t see many plants with such a high cbd and low thc level. Obviously pollination is an option but these are feminised seeds so a male isn’t gonna happen. It’s a 3 month bloom so my other plants would have finished so cross pollination won’t happen.

1 Like

This is why I wanted to cull the mom. I was considering it for future projects but don’t want the trait carried forward in the line.

@Esrgood4u I can undertsand why you would consider doing this. Could you not S1 the plant instead?

@ReikoX Can the intersex traits be bred out?

@anon58740919 cheers for the mad love

1 Like

Have to manual like override this cos you got all mine :rofl:
I like what I see brother. Humble and passionate about your garden. Good traits

2 Likes

My grow area is only a single 4x4 tent in a room on its own with no more space to fit another. I’m UK so I have to be a little secretive with what I do. I also wouldn’t know where to start when it comes to breeding plants. F1 F2 F3 S1 and so on I have a little understanding about but not enough to be able to breed my own plants. I think what I will do is Fim the plant so it has several colas and when I harvest I’ll leave a couple and let her go to see what happens. Being a low thc (under 1%) it has nothing to degrade and the CBD should remain. The idea and entire point in me running this strain is for pain medication during working hours. I’m a roofer by trade so during the day I have to go the chemical route (codine and tramadol) as it’s a risk being “high” on a roof. Pun intended :rofl:
I was also going to medicate my dog but since found out she has bone cancer so I doubt she will be around to give her it

2 Likes

@Esrgood4u Sorry to hear about your poor health and your dog. My pets mean the world to me so my thoughts are with you and your family.

I have been using cannabis to help with my ailments since coming of the pharma train many moons ago.

Being high on a roof…no thanks :joy:

I’m UK too :uk:

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words @Bongedtobits. It is what it is mate. Not much I can do about either problem really other than try my best to at least make me and Jess (the dog) as comfortable as I can any way I can :+1:

2 Likes

Good evening my Cannabis comrades.

Today is day 73 and time for the 2 keeper cuts of Strawberry Banana to come down. They both smell like strawberry marzipan. It’s quite something. Hopefully it carries through to the cure.

Sorry for the bad pics my phone is about dead.

First keeper

Second keeper

8 Likes

Welcome @Bongedtobits! Looks like a fine batch of younguns’ you have going. I’m gonna stick around if you don’t mind and assume my voyeur position. I am anxious to grow some cuvée. It’s on my bucket list! Much Respect! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

@oleskool830 Hey man pull up a seat and make yourself at home.

The cuvee will be going in once the other SB come down. In fact it will be cuvee and 2 Kandy kush. Not sure what to do with the cherrygasm. It’s ready to go but it hermed bad last time. Could of been temp related though.

The rosin from the cuvee is out of this world tastes like white grapes.

3 Likes

Update time.

The Swashbucklers are coming along nicely atm.

No6 in the back right corner us killing it with chunky frost factories. Not bad for day 29.

2 Likes

Front right

Front left

Rear left

Rear right (keeper so far anyway)

5 Likes

Bit of an update. The second room is still waiting to finish. The 3 SB sat girls seem to want go forever.

They will not be making another appearance.

The other male Swashbuckler that was gifted to a friend has hermed… I have never seen a male herm before, has anyone else?

My mate was collecting the pollen but I said to stop and cull the male so the trait isn’t carried forward.

1 Like

I have moved the SWB ladies around so I could pollinate the keeper. Now at the front right.

I test pollinated rear right plant on the 16/09 and the calyx have now started to swell on the selected branches.

1 Like

These are the branches for my F2 run. I used garden wire on each pollinated branch so I don’t forget…

How many seeds roughly should I get from pollinated a couple of branches? Stupid question…How long is a piece of string right?

Some lovely pollen. I just used the end of a cotton bud to apply the pollen with all my fans off. LIFTA for 15 mins. Slight spray of water. Done.

Might be wrong but that method seemed to work on the tester branches.

2 Likes

Chucking update.

Papi has done his work.

I ran a test pollination on 16/09. Looks like it may have worked!

3 Likes

The strawberry banana saga continues…

I still have 3 SB hanging on not wanting to finish. They have had 12 weeks now and still want longer.

Closest to finish.

I have found a few amber trichs lurking in this plant and pistil wise looks the furthest along. Smells like foam banana sweets.

1 Like

This next one is also getting there with mostly cloudy trichs. Still not quite there though. Not much smell to this one.

1 Like