Any 100% purple strains known?

thats what I’m sayin. I’d rather have some landrace obscure crap 32 week strain, than have it not be 100% of the time.
Maybe that doesn’t exist yet. Thats what I’m askin.

being 100% is the one and only requirement

1 Like

…yes? I also like the go-fast ones.

Yo you’re looking for one of those dark, uniformly purple plants, but unless it’s for ornamental purposes, they really aren’t ever very good. Plants with some purpling here and there can be great, the dark almost wine colored ones aren’t worth the space.

Something with such a striking appearance would otherwise be much more popular. They look crazy in photos but no one ever grows them twice haha.

6 Likes

I literally wouldn’t care if it were purple hemp, as long as it were 100% of the time

2 Likes

You growing them for ornamental purposes? Landscaping weed? I’m into it.

3 Likes

I absolutely understand what your saying. I like ornamental plants. I want the goofiest lookin shit ever grown, and dont care if it has any thc at all when I’m done…

To my knowledge lots of the purple strains still end up green lots of times but I feel thats because these breeders know growers are looking for purple and they go out of their way to encourage purple growth.
If I were to start a breeding project looking for purple I think the best approach would be to pop a pack of GDP and keep clones of the purple phenos. Then back cross those and use for breeding projects.
I suspect you would prob still have roughly a 10 to 20% chance of getting green from off spring.

3 Likes

I dont remember who here posted this pic but has to be the most beautiful flower I’ve ever seen. I know its from a very reputable member.

If anyone knows who grew this please refresh my memory

8 Likes

New territory, it’s cool stuff. This guy on IG has “freakshow” line it’s like a dissected leaf plant, almost like a weird Japanese maple. Doesn’t look like weed at all but very pretty. Of course the duckfoot and ABC lines that dont look like weed have been around forever. The trend in ornamental weed will be purple/variegated plants that don’t grow too tall, with interesting leaf patterns. If they could make weed as legal as tomatoes, and sell feminized (wouldn’t want males pollinating other people’s stuff) seed for decorative purposes, I’d have a big ol’ patch in the yard.

Mel’s Buckeye Purple seems to be nearly fixed for it, FWIW.

If you select only for purple traits and have no other considerations you’ll find what you’re looking for within relatively soon.

4 Likes

I ran a pack of each and know of quite a few others who also ran them and I haven’t seen or heard of one that wasn’t purple.

I mentioned that earlier. but it got swamped in whatever that was.
There is a reason I only want to hear about 100000000% of the time. because smashing 2 dominant genes ends up with variable color on a spectrum from zero to 87.5%? I dont want mess genes. its all or nothing.

I just want what I want, and if it doesn’t exist yet, thats fine.

I have freakshow seeds already. I got some new double leaf seeds coming from Russia. I want to know if its worth making anything purple.

1 Like

I know about abc and duck. enough people are already mixing freak with that

Buckeye Purple is my best suggestion. I’m not sure anyone has followed through on a true-breeding wine-purple variety since the focus has almost always been on something smokeable. You’ll probably be the first. Even most of the “weird mutant” plants were just bred for stealth purposes and not actually ornamental.

2 Likes

if it ant weird, I get bored growing it. Not many red tomatoes around here.

If there isn’t one YET, its ok. I was just asking :slight_smile:

1000000% of the time

2 Likes

I dont have to pheno hunt these. Its consistent.

3 Likes

If there’s eventually a strain that grows like purple Basil I’d give it a try myself. Most of my fruit garden is non typical colors, several different gold and purple raspberries, white blackberry, pink blueberry, yellow watermelons.

2 Likes

U want moon and stars watermelon. Its been bread all through everything now, and is just “cooler” than reg watermelons. Plus its a simple dominant gene, u can see in seedlings, so its good to play with.

I have seeds for those, carolina cross, and yellow belly black diamond. I was gonna make a breeding party, and still might.

I’m with you @vernal. I’d go insane if it weren’t for Adderall. :laughing:

So it’s the male PU F3 that’s got the purple juju then?

4 Likes

Yes everything he touches from what I can tell.

3 Likes

I’m running his Purple Unicorn F5 soon in hopes of finding just that; potent consistent purple. I’ve heard good things.

6 Likes